![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
When Apple was in trouble .... (very sorry I have nothing to format this pic with right now
)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
Hey, it's almost a tablet but without the screen, hehehe
J/K
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
You know something, PK, even back then, way back then, I had an Apple 2E at home and I was in school working on IBM PC's and learning DOS... it already felt like the Apple2 was way cooler, had a much better user interface, and was the device of the future.
not going anywhere with that, just sayin' ![]() that Apple has become arrogant over the years is probably something any company can be accused of becoming once they start making serious money and dominate the market.. You know I attended a Microsoft product release in SF a few years back [we met Bill Gates in person, that was kind of cool] but you know, these MS guys were not particularly humble either , just sayin'
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,671
|
Quote:
![]() (maybe you did - I dunno - but I remember when I lived in San Jose for a few years I got all geeked out about visiting Los Gatos where the Amiga was born.) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
er... should we clean up this thread? I think the iPad info got lost in all the banter..
![]() Oh, well, it's at the beginning of the thread if you need it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
I just realized it was earlier than 1982. I was in 6th grade when we got it, so that would have been 1980. In 1985 I upgraded to a PC clone that I built.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RGV, Texas
Posts: 1,086
|
My first computer was an Apple IIc. I still remember playing Karateka. I miss that game. And good ol' Think Quick! and Oregon Trail. Oh the memories.
__________________
![]() I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes? |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
I am so cheesed. I got up at 4AM to place the web order for my daughter's ipad2. I got my order in as soon as they updated the store and allowed orders. I was expecting to get a shipping notice today, but instead my order status is showing that it won't ship for 3 to 5 days. I did the line thing for my Ipad, but that was on a Saturday morning.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
^ that's messed up! There is no reason for the delay with online ordering!!!
![]() I still don't understand why they wouldn't allow people to pre-order (especially if those people are located more than 20 or 30 miles away from an Apple retail location) Wish I could just go get it at the Apple store downtown and just hand it to your kid, Scott. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
Quote:
I really didn't think that the 2 would sell very well with how few differences there are over the 1, but apparently the apple zombies are out in force today...
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
if it's only 20 minutes, it's no big deal to check it out, but your kid might even be more disappointed if you return empty-handed than if you say "OK, the order is in, we'll get it around [that date]." You can always try. I would, if I really wanted it that bad! If nothing else, you get to play with it at the store.
Bring some Purrell with you ;) the iPad you touch in the store has probably been molested by 100 people before you get there ; |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
Quote:
That's exactly why I was tempted, but won't actually go. And, for the purrel - You're not kidding. I think ebola originated from a keyboard or touch screen in an apple store.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
|
USAF_SrA_E-4
|
I am actually in line to get it @ a Walmart store got here @ 4 but they won't start selling them until 5 and already 5 people ahead of me and 3 behind me lol
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
Yeah, there isn't a doubt in my mind that this second iPad will sell twice as well as the first gen. First of all because it's a revised version, so all the people who didn't want to buy a first generation product will jump on that one, and also because it's lighter and has a camera. All the teenagers are gonna want that camera to video chat. I don't care for the camera myself but lighter is always better. Your hands get tired of holding it after a while. I have no intention of trading in my iPad 1st Gen. but I do understand the lust for the new shiny device.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Sales Feedback Thread | eTiMaGo | Items for Sale by private party | 188 | 05-04-2019 10:43 AM |
| IPAD LOVERS | jamal1984 | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 14 | 06-15-2010 08:48 AM |
| US Yaris Sales "stronger than expected" | GTSRacer | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 16 | 09-16-2006 01:35 AM |