Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #91
rpalai

Drives: 2008 NEW Yaris 2-door Liftback
Help!! Having a Blitz-related problem!!

Hello again all! Hope you are all doing well. Unfortunately, I am not! My car ran GREAT from the moment the Blitz system was installed as well as all last night and early this morning until the very last time I started it up, it threw a code and the check engine light came on. When I hook up my scanner, it shows the code as "pending" which probably is why it keeps doing it even after I clear the code with my scanner. Can someone help me with this? Whenever it throws the code, it goes into "limp mode" and becomes rather doggy of course. It is showing code P01387 which means that "voltage too high in 02 sensor 1 Bank 2", or something like that. Now I know that my mechanic told me that he had a problem getting the old 02 sensor out of the factory exhaust header to transfer it over to the new Meagan Racing header, but he WAS able to do it after he had to soak it in a LOT of PV Blaster penetrating oil for awhile. But that was now a couple of days ago and all of the PVBlaster should have burned off the 02 sensor by now, unless perhaps it destroyed it in the process? I can not figure this out. I am really bummed now becuase every time I start the car, it throws the same darned code and goes into limp mode again.

Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks!
Rich
rpalai
rpalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #92
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Here's what the repair manual has to say about P0138, O2 sensor high voltage:

"...when the air-fuel ratio is richer than the stoichiometric air-fuel level, the oxygen concentration in the exhaust gas becomes lean. The HO2 sensor informs the ECM that the post-TWC air-fuel ratio is rich (high voltage, i.e. more than 0.45 V). The HO2 sensor has the property of changing its output voltage drastically when the air-fuel ratio is close to the stoichiometric level."

So IMO he'll be wanting to pinpoint the cause of the extremely rich air-fuel ratio (injectors, fuel pressure, exhaust leak, etc.) in addition to checking the sensor itself.

You can find the entire Engine Control manual and many others here, hosted by our own etimago --> http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairmanual/

PS-- you may get better response if you start your own thread for issues like this it's too important to get buried among other info.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #93
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Noogie,

What we need you do do is to do a WOT pull to redline from around 2000 RPM in 2nd.

Strap that camera down :)

Again, from the shots you provided I don't think you have anything to worry about.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #94
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
Again, from the shots you provided I don't think you have anything to worry about.
those are about the same readings i get.

if the lights on the gauge read 14ish and the lights around the edges are still in the green then ur mixture is good. right?

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #95
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by whooppee777 View Post
those are about the same readings i get.

if the lights on the gauge read 14ish and the lights around the edges are still in the green then ur mixture is good. right?
Not necessarily. If you timing is in the single digits, then yea it is probably OK. If not, those numbers are not OK.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #96
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
Noogie,

What we need you do do is to do a WOT pull to redline from around 2000 RPM in 2nd.

Strap that camera down :)

Did you ever do this?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #97
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
No. I'm built a new camera mount but the digital camera died. I'm going to get some data logging software to collect data a little bit better than shaky videos.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #98
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
For what it's worth, I've been watching my IGN on the SG. At idle, it typically is around 5, jumps to 10 every once in a while. When the defrost is on (and I guess A/C kicks in), the RPMs drop momentarily, and the IGN drops to -5 or -6... then back to +5.

Also when cruising and off-boost (TPS < 25), IGN is around 35. Drops to around 15-20 when boosting.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #99
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
But don't you get highest performance with more ignition advance? ... like around 20? Are we running in less than optimal mode? With the S/C turned off, my ignition is much more advanced.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #100
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
nice
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #101
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #102
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Nice meant I need to read this some time in the future and not waste time searching for this thread )) (Think outside the box))))
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote