Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #109
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Turn Signals....use them! I don't care who you are, where you're from, or if your foot grows out your nose at an alarming rate. Not interested in how it is used, how it's truned on, or what you call them. You could call them clickies, flashers, indicators, turn signals, toggle brights, thingamagiggies that light up, I don't care. Put your phone down, call your girlfriend back because Billy just asked Laura out and your big brother is dating Laura, who really likes your BFF's little brother Jeremy, because he's so not going out with you after the pool party incident, ohhhh myyy effing GOD! Use the damn turn signals.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #110
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkyd View Post
my yaris is the worst car in the snow ever. seriously, its ridiculous. i got stuck 3 times today, only in about 6 inches. maybe the tires are the factor but come on, my 84 tercel was a tank in the snow with 20 dollar tires. after getting out of being stuck and parking in my driveway, i started it and the tranny made a loud clunk. if it does it in the morning ill be piiiiiiiiiiiissed.
I hate mine in the snow too. I've never gotten stuck, just how it drives on the highway with snow on the road. I feel like I'm going to die the whole ride home. (an hour commute each way)
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #111
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Who needs a gym?? I'm 70, and within 15lbs of my very trimmest weight. Now, cover your ears, young'uns, I have a 4-letter word here: work. I have never been in a gym, moving drywall and 2x4s around seems to work fine. My treadmill has to do with walking everywhere within range. My exercise bike has wheels on it, amazing concept.

Worst thing about work is that it gets stuff done, thereby generating the need for more work; it never ends.

Junk food is expensive! Apples are cheap. And if you cook your own food, not only are you healthier but you generate less garbage. Oh, no, there's another 4-letter word! Cook! But that leads to another one! Read! Read a cook book... another 4-letter word! My, I sure am a pottymouth today, eh? I don't remember the last time I had a burger, or a bag of chips, or a Coke, or a chocolate bar, and my memory hasn't failed that badly yet. I'm a fairly good cook, but my wife does most of the cooking (she spoils me). There are 40 or so spices in my kitchen, and I'm not afraid to use them...

So there is my rant: people are lazy: too lazy to work, too lazy to walk, too lazy to cook, too lazy to learn. Soon the only regular exercise people will get is acting as pallbearers to their (recently deceased) obese friends... ;-)
I'm tired of people thinking that because I'm overweight, I'm too lazy too cook,walk or work. I own my own company (electrical construction), and do all the work. I'm sorry that in the winter, I like warm food for lunch. I'm sorry that the medication that I take for anxiety (due to chronic Lyme Disease) slows my metabolism. Mostly I'm sorry that the high horse some people are on doesn't throw the rider more often.

One thing I want to bitch about is the NY Governor wanting to place special taxes on non-diet soda and other soft drinks including Gatorade and other sports drinks, and fast food because the people who drink and eat them are more likely to be obese and require increased medical care in the course of their lives.
However no mention is made of the people who engage in risky sex. A person who goes out and has casual, group, heterosexual, or homosexual sex is much more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease, and possibly pass it on to others then I am causing increased medical costs be being overweight. Most blood pressure and cholesterol drugs are now generic and cost much, much less then HIV cocktails and herpes meds.
This is not to mention IV drug users, for whom there are methadone clinics and other forms of publicly funded detox and rehab facilities.
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #112
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
Turn Signals....use them! I don't care who you are, where you're from, or if your foot grows out your nose at an alarming rate. Not interested in how it is used, how it's truned on, or what you call them. You could call them clickies, flashers, indicators, turn signals, toggle brights, thingamagiggies that light up, I don't care. Put your phone down, call your girlfriend back because Billy just asked Laura out and your big brother is dating Laura, who really likes your BFF's little brother Jeremy, because he's so not going out with you after the pool party incident, ohhhh myyy effing GOD! Use the damn turn signals.
+1,000,000
Old 01-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #113
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Sorry, bobselectric, I don't see why you take my comments personally. If you have a disease that alters your metabolism, that's one thing; if you fit my description and have no excuse, that is something else. I would also think that diet is vitally important to you, so that you would be cooking for yourself and eating properly. I know people with Krohn's, and their diet regimen is strict indeed.

I see the people generating a sweat walking from their car the the McBloaters (or its drive-through), and ordering burger, fries, and a large drink (non-diet), then find themselves trying to access the medical system; they just make me angry. Bitch, rant, complain...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #114
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
i almost never use turn signals. but i also dont go cutting people off. i am more careful than many drivers due to my job(auto accident claims) so i dont even watch for blinkers, i watch tires, just for those people that u are suggesting. but not all people who dont use turn signals are bad people..

dvlnblkdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #115
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Quote:
Sorry, bobselectric, I don't see why you take my comments personally. If you have a disease that alters your metabolism, that's one thing; if you fit my description and have no excuse, that is something else. I would also think that diet is vitally important to you, so that you would be cooking for yourself and eating properly. I know people with Krohn's, and their diet regimen is strict indeed.

I see the people generating a sweat walking from their car the the McBloaters (or its drive-through), and ordering burger, fries, and a large drink (non-diet), then find themselves trying to access the medical system; they just make me angry. Bitch, rant, complain...
It isn't that I have taken your comments personally, there are many reasons why we are as we are.
It seems that every new years, when most people make their resolutions to work out more, or lose those pesky extra pounds, that folks (not meaning you, just in general people)make comments as to why you should follow their two or three week old lead and "hit the gym" or "try this diet". Stick with it and then walk a mile in my shoes- that way you'll be a mile away and I don't have to hear some of the same crap all the time

I appreciate the concern healthwise- sometimes the medicine is as bad as the disease. I no longer freak out uncontrollably (or have those violent impulses---JK) but I carry twenty five pounds more than I am comfortable with.

No offense taken, also none implied. All friends here...at least till the meds run out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what_gt_ya_in_the_scooter_1st_place.jpg (35.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #116
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Ok....I leave for Afghanistan the end of October. I let the peeps here know what my email addy is so that peeps can stay in touch and keep me in the loop....what do I get? A f@ckin duststomr in my inbox....now that is a bitch!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #117
PreciousPups4U
I really LOVE this car!!!

Drives: 08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Ok....I leave for Afghanistan the end of October. I let the peeps here know what my email addy is so that peeps can stay in touch and keep me in the loop....what do I get? A f@ckin duststomr in my inbox....now that is a bitch!
Awful. I personally did not realize. I would have been happy to add you to my funny nonsense emails list.

Are you back? I have some friends in Iraq right now and one in Germany (he's going somewhere after that) so I know what you're saying.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

PreciousPups4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #118
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousPups4U View Post
Awful. I personally did not realize. I would have been happy to add you to my funny nonsense emails list.

Are you back? I have some friends in Iraq right now and one in Germany (he's going somewhere after that) so I know what you're saying.

nope not back...I have a little over 9 months left, but I did get a promotion with a 30% salary bump so I might be here an extra 3-6 months. They have weird plumbing and their pepperoni tastes like fish...

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #119
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
25lbs? That ain't bad, Bob, I am 18lbs over absolute best, but that took me nearly 40 years to add that on. It is the guy(?) in the pic that makes me wonder.

I'm a bit touchy about weight after my first marriage: 113lbs, lookin' fine, 3 years later and 178lbs, doesn't give a damn. I told her that her health would suffer; I'm glad I wasn't around for the foot, ankle, knee, gall bladder, spleen, and hip operations, and those are just the ones I know about, all caused by diet, nothing else...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #120
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Quote:
25lbs? That ain't bad, Bob, I am 18lbs over absolute best, but that took me nearly 40 years to add that on. It is the guy(?) in the pic that makes me wonder.

I'm a bit touchy about weight after my first marriage: 113lbs, lookin' fine, 3 years later and 178lbs, doesn't give a damn. I told her that her health would suffer; I'm glad I wasn't around for the foot, ankle, knee, gall bladder, spleen, and hip operations, and those are just the ones I know about, all caused by diet, nothing else...
Well 25 lbs to me- My doc says I should be 185-195 for my height and I'm currently at 245. Only part of me that's fat (besides my head) is the belly- I know worst place for it
Old 01-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #121
natethegreat38
Party like a Barack star

Drives: '08 LB MT
my junk is 25 lbs overweight
Old 01-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #122
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
I am in the Army, been to Iraq twice, and I say nuke that F.......ing place. And turning the cameras off for a little while would do good too. It's a war zone. People get killed in a war zone. Even civilians. If you don't want to get shot, stay away from he guys with the guns. Seems pretty simple to me. But then again, I do have SOME common sense.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:34 AM   #123
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Iraq is a dilemma. But the problem is the Islamic religion is at war with the west. It will grow worst before it ends. The liberals have their head up their ass and think their farts smells great. We will not win this war until all of us realize that this is a religious war.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:18 AM   #124
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
i hope you all work out your differences!

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:46 AM   #125
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Some people need to NOT have goddamn horns in their goddamn car.

Why the hell would you honk at someone cutting you off? The goddamn outcome is going to be the same goddamn out come even if you honk or not. So stop fcuking honking.

Effing tards.

And people who edge foreward to make a right turn at the wrong goddamn time. Why the hell would to take HALF of the goddamn lane, look STRAIGHT me and not go? YOU'RE IN THE GODDAMN LANE JUST FUCKING GO! Deer in headlights. Idiots, I swear.

Man, that didn't help much.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #126
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
tricked out scooters with CVTs racing on the street outside... While I can appreciate the revving of an engine through the gears, engines on these ones basically stay at a steady speed while the transmission takes care of the acceleration... and with their loud pipes it's such an annoying BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA not changing in pitch at all...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote