Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #109
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
SO, they can make any claim they want, and if the consumer that keeps K&N's doors open can't go to the trouble of proving K&N's increased HP claim for them, K&N doesn't have to provide it?

No thanks!

And I never said it was false, said it was a sound mod and can be reused, but don't expect big saving at the gas pump and don't expect that big power that can be felt...said they need to prove their increased HP claims that they stick on every filter box...you found that link yet?

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #110
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
"Increase horsepower and acceleration"

Really? I'll believe it when I see their proof.
Thats exactly what they would say to you!!! And who do you think matters more?? You or them? A big company or 1 person? If you are trying to disprove someone, then you should have information to back up your claim.

I'm guessing this is how the conversation would go:

You: You're claim that your drop-in filter will Increase horsepower and acceleration on my Yaris is false.

K&N: OK, how do you know that this is false.

You: Because I said so.

K&N: Are you serious?

You: YES

K&N: Thank you for calling K&N and have a good day (They hang up)

You: Hello....you still there?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #111
1stToyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post

You: You're claim that your drop-in filter will Increase horsepower and acceleration on my Yaris is false.

K&N: OK, how do you know that this is false.
Yes, where's your proof? Is it made up? You think it will increase sales if you don't provide proof?

Hello? You still there?

They hung up. :)

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #112
b_hickman11

Quote:
Liar.

Direct quote:

"You are the one that the dealers “hated” some of the mods that that have to install at the dealership"

When you talked about they glued my tip on? When you talked about e-bay products?

How did you get that confused?

And you said several times that I worked for Toyota...why did you lie again?
I was using "hated" as a verb which meant whatever was after "hated" was the item that they hated. After hated, you should have noticed the words OEM parts. Now back to your original statement that dealers "hate" some of the OEM parts they are required to install. Thats what I was referring to.

And yes I did say something about parts off of ebay and them gluing on your tip....Whats the problem?

And yes I mentioned something about you working for Toyota. I already knew you didn't work for Toyota. I was just trying to figure out how you knew soooo much about the company.....
Old 07-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #113
1stToyota

Quote:
I was using "hated" as a verb which meant whatever was after "hated" was the item that they hated. After hated, you should have noticed the words OEM parts. Now back to your original statement that dealers "hate" some of the OEM parts they are required to install.
Link?

Quote:
And yes I did say something about parts off of ebay and them gluing on your tip....Whats the problem?
You lie.

Quote:
And yes I mentioned something about you working for Toyota. I already knew you didn't work for Toyota....
see above

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #114
b_hickman11

Quote:
SO, they can make any claim they want, and if the consumer that keeps K&N's doors open can't go to the trouble of proving K&N's increased HP claim for them, K&N doesn't have to provide it?

No thanks!

And I never said it was false, said it was a sound mod and can be reused, but don't expect big saving at the gas pump and don't expect that big power that can be felt...said they need to prove their increased HP claims that they stick on every filter box...you found that link yet?
I'm sorry, but thats how the world works. There are thousands of companies that make claims, even if they have been tested. If someone has a problem with their claim and says it's false, then that person should be able to.....well you know...I have already given you your economic lesson for today. I'm going to start charging pretty soon.

You said that their claim of "Increase horsepower and acceleration" was not honest. OK, if it's "not honest," then what is it? Not honest=dishonest=not true=false=misleading.....no matter what you are calling it now, you still must prove it! Come on....I want to see little oh 1stToyota take down K&N!!! I'll give you $100 if you can get them to change their boxes.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #115
1stToyota

SO, they can make any claim they want, and if the consumer that keeps K&N's doors open can't or won't go to the trouble of proving K&N's increased HP claim for them, K&N doesn't have to provide it?
No wonder their sales are probably about 1% vs 99%

Yay!!

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #116
b_hickman11

Quote:
Link?

You lie.

see above

Post #85 and post #82, before you changed it ;)

And I was not trying to lie.....it's called Sarcasm. Thats what you do when you already know something but you intentionally say the wrong thing. Trust me, we know someone like you would never get a job for Toyota!

Last edited by b_hickman11; 07-15-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #117
b_hickman11

Quote:
SO, they can make any claim they want, and if the consumer that keeps K&N's doors open can't or won't go to the trouble of proving K&N's increased HP claim for them, K&N doesn't have to provide it?
No wonder their sales are probably about 1% vs 99%

Yay!!
So what.....that 1% probably means millions of $ in profits each year for K&N.

Just a Fun Fact:
Bananas account for 1% of grocery stores sells. Do you think that bothers the growers? Come on, you should know. You sound like a banana lover!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #118
1stToyota

Post 87 where you said you didn't talk about your Tacoma about a year ago on a K&N thread? That's wrong. And didn't say "OEM"...oh, and a co-worker said he'd give me $200.00 if I keep you bouncing for another week.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #119
1stToyota

[QUOTE=b_hickman11;352820]So what.....that 1% probably means millions of $ in profits each year for K&N.QUOTE]

Just think how much better the other 99% would be.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #120
b_hickman11

Quote:
Post 87 where you said you didn't talk about your Tacoma about a year ago on a K&N thread? That's wrong. And didn't say "OEM"...oh, and a co-worker said he'd give me $200.00 if I keep you bouncing for another week.
What does post 87 have to do with you saying "I was talking about genuine Toyota parts, not parts off of ebay." OEM is the same as "genuine Toyota." I never said I didn't talk about the Taco on here. I have mentioned it several times on here. I made a post talking about being there the day the Taco rolled off of the carrier. You replied back saying, "You didn't say that a year ago." Thats right, I didn't. Just because I didn't post part of a story when we were talking about something else, doesn't make it not true. Can you give me a link to this so-called K&N thread from a year ago.
Here is what you said:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11
I watched my Taco roll off of the delivery carrier from GST. I even helped them pull off the white protective coverings! I touched the truck before the dealership touched it!

1stToyota:
Nice. You made the same statement a year ago, but you didn't go into any of the details about watching it roll off the carrier...etc.

You're right...I probably never gave the details...but what does that matter?

This makes me really happy! You have been going to all this trouble, researching all my post, just for little oh me! Thats so sweet! If you want an autograph, I will send you one. I won't even charge you too much.

Looks like you will be $200 richer come next week!!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #121
b_hickman11

[QUOTE=1stToyota;352826]
Quote:
So what.....that 1% probably means millions of $ in profits each year for K&N.QUOTE]

Just think how much better the other 99% would be.

Yes...but the other 99% is not one company. Just because K&N is 1% doesn't mean FRAM is 99%. Or Wix.....hopefully you understand that. If not, we are in deeper than I thought we where. You are going to need some extra credit and an around the clock tutor.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #122
1stToyota

Quote:
Quote:

Yes...but the other 99% is not one company.
Never said it was.
ust because K&N is 1% doesn't mean FRAM is 99%.[/quote]

Never made that claim, just at the 1% for having the pretty little stop sign decal.

Quote:
Or Wix......
I just hope K&N is happy looking up.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #123
1stToyota

Quote:
What does post 87 have to do with you saying "I was talking about genuine Toyota parts, not parts off of ebay."
Because you talked about ebay and I never did?

This makes me really happy! You have been going to all this trouble, researching all my post, just for little oh me! Thats so sweet! If you want an autograph, I will send you one. I won't even charge you too much.

Quote:
Looks like you will be $200 richer come next week!!
Thanks for admitting that I'll keep you "bouncing" for another week, sticker fanboi

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #124
b_hickman11

Quote:
ust because K&N is 1% doesn't mean FRAM is 99%.
Never made that claim, just at the 1% for having the pretty little stop sign decal.

I just hope K&N is happy looking up. [/QUOTE]

Then how would they have the other 99%. Your favorite company doesn't have the 99%. No one has the whole 99%....so how would they get that? Shut down all the over companies that make filters. That would be a monopoly and we frown on that here in America!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #125
b_hickman11

Quote:
Because you talked about ebay and I never did?

Thanks for admitting that I'll keep you "bouncing" for another week, sticker fanboi
Yes I did talk about ebay and you didn't....whats your point?

Well I am in the middle of my annual 2 1/2 month vacation and I have nothing better to do at this moment, than to throw bananas at a monkey and watch him play swap finger!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #126
1stToyota

[Quote] Then how would they[quote]

"they" that have over 1%?

Your favorite company doesn't have the 99%, more like 1%

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Closed Thread