Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Oh and by the way, my 2005 Taco came with a K&N filter already installed. Some kind of special package that included an upgrade air box and upgrade pipes and mufflers. Came from the plant that way. So if these filters are SOOOO bad, then why would Toyota put them in their products themselves?????
Old 07-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Oh and by the way, my 2005 Taco came with a K&N filter already installed. Some kind of special package that included an upgrade air box and upgrade pipes and mufflers. Came from the plant that way. So if these filters are SOOOO bad, then why would Toyota put them in their products themselves?????
Better question, fanboi

If they're known for not filtering dust as well as paper, under your self-admitted EXTREMELY dusty conditions, so bad that filter won't make it 1 month w/o needing to be cleaned, why use the inferior filter for the job?

And if they're the greatest, why not install them in every vehicle? Why in maybe less than .005% of the Toyotas being sold?

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Better question, fanboi

If they're known for not filtering dust as well as paper, under your self-admitted EXTREMELY dusty conditions, so bad that filter won't make it 1 month w/o needing to be cleaned, why use the inferior filter for the job?

And if they're the greatest, why not install them in every vehicle? Why in maybe less than .005% of the Toyotas being sold?
They are only known for not filtering dust as well as paper...BY YOU!!! So why would Toyota listen to your claims....you work for Toyota and holding out on everyone?? I need this part, 55606-52020, and was wondering if you can take it out of the warehouse for me. I'll give you a $1 for shipping!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
1stToyota

Quote:
They are only known for not filtering dust as well as paper...BY YOU!!!
Liar. Try following thread better next time.
Scratch that...be sure to keep ignoring the input of what others are saying; a lot of it is stuff you don't want to read.

Quote:
So why would Toyota listen to your claims....you work for Toyota and holding out on everyone?? I need this part, 55606-52020, and was wondering if you can take it out of the warehouse for me. I'll give you a $1 for shipping!
Oh, so Toyota is installing K&N filters on every vehicle, or probably way less than 1% of the new vehicles being sold...thought so.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
b_hickman11

Quote:
Liar. Try following thread better next time.
Scratch that...be sure to keep ignoring the input of what others are saying; a lot of it is stuff you don't want to read.

Oh, so Toyota is installing K&N filters on every vehicle, or probably way less than 1% of the new vehicles being sold...thought so.
Show me the post where I said they put them in every vehicle?? Thats right, theres not one. One of the reasons they don't is because of cost. They know a Hybrid setup is the best way to go right now. Why don't they install them in evry vehicle? Cost! You should know that though since you work for them.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
1stToyota

Quote:
Show me the post where I said they put them in every vehicle??
"Oh, so Toyota is installing K&N filters on every vehicle, or probably way less than 1% of the new vehicles being sold...thought so."

You missed the "or" ...but of course you miss a lot on this thread, right? Thought so.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
b_hickman11

Quote:
"Oh, so Toyota is installing K&N filters on every vehicle, or probably way less than 1% of the new vehicles being sold...thought so."

You missed the "or" ...but of course you miss a lot on this thread, right? Thought so.
LOL...you just quoted yourself. That quote is something you posted on a previous page!!! You just made fun of yourself!!!! Hahahaha, this is great!
Closed Thread