Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #109
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Just got back from Zeno's Pub in State College, PA... Penn State University. Love this place The best places are hole in the walls!

Had on tap a decent Rye IPA exclusevely made for Zeno's by Otto's Bewery in State College called Zeno's Rye. Very good! The hops are still lingering in my palate...

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #110
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
Just got back from Zeno's Pub in State College, PA... Penn State University. Love this place The best places are hole in the walls!

Had on tap a decent Rye IPA exclusevely made for Zeno's by Otto's Bewery in State College called Zeno's Rye. Very good! The hops are still lingering in my palate...

Cheers!

Nice! Sounds like Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye. delish!
KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #111
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
This thread needs a little decorating

Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #112
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZGRL View Post
Mmmm...I hear it's good! I have to try next time... It's on the list at Zeno's!... only bottles, though.

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #113
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
This thread needs a little decorating

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
Mmmm...I hear it's good! I have to try next time... It's on the list at Zeno's!... only bottles, though.

Cheers!
Definitely try it! Racer 5 (Bear Republic) is great too!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #114
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
Being a girl, not the 'greatest' fan of beer - Especially some of the Aussie beers that we cop over here (eg: VB) ... But I was introduced to fruit beer when I was over in the UK at the start of the year and love it!

Favourite beers are:
  • Fruli (Belgium)
  • Floris (Belgium)

Breweries Visited:
  • Guiness Storehouse - Dublin
  • Meantime Brewery - London
  • Bridge Road Brewery - Beechworth, AU

Where I am from, it's mostly wineries but there are a few little breweries hidden around the place.

When my boyfriend and I were OS earlier in the year, we spent 4 days/3 nights in Dublin. It was when there were the massive snow storms and the weather was absolutely terrible, so all the tours were cancelled and we could see only the bare minimum of the touristy stuff... We decided to not let the weather get us down, and set a challenge to see how many pubs/breweries/distilleries we could visit in the 3 nights (nights only, so we could try see as many sights as we could given the weather) while we were there. Managed to hijack a pub crawl thanks to our accents and visit a total of 22 pubs, having a drink at all of them. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing and it was a great way to try beers we wouldn't normally have tried; it was definitely the best few days of our trip!
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #115
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Being a girl, not the 'greatest' fan of beer - Especially some of the Aussie beers that we cop over here (eg: VB) ... But I was introduced to fruit beer when I was over in the UK at the start of the year and love it!

Favourite beers are:
  • Fruli (Belgium)
  • Floris (Belgium)

Breweries Visited:
  • Guiness Storehouse - Dublin
  • Meantime Brewery - London
  • Bridge Road Brewery - Beechworth, AU

Where I am from, it's mostly wineries but there are a few little breweries hidden around the place.

When my boyfriend and I were OS earlier in the year, we spent 4 days/3 nights in Dublin. It was when there were the massive snow storms and the weather was absolutely terrible, so all the tours were cancelled and we could see only the bare minimum of the touristy stuff... We decided to not let the weather get us down, and set a challenge to see how many pubs/breweries/distilleries we could visit in the 3 nights (nights only, so we could try see as many sights as we could given the weather) while we were there. Managed to hijack a pub crawl thanks to our accents and visit a total of 22 pubs, having a drink at all of them. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing and it was a great way to try beers we wouldn't normally have tried; it was definitely the best few days of our trip!
Being a girl is no excuse to not like beer. It's like, because you're a girl you can't be into cars or sports. Which, in my opinion, is just a product of how children are raised (blue path vs pink path) and completely absurd. (Sorry, I have a degree in Human Development/Sociology... don't get me started. lol)

I'm so jealous that you've been to the breweries you've visited! I can't wait until I can go on a trip to England/Ireland/Germany for some of the breweries high on my list to visit. I have heard that Australia is more known for their wine rather than beer, and importing costs are high. But I'm glad you found some stuff you like! I live by a motto of "I'll try anything at least once" definitely applies to beers. I tried some one trip that I found to be disgusting (Russian River's Consecration - A dark SOUR beer aged in cabernet barrels), but second time around.... I love it. Go figure.

Thanks for you post! I definitely will look up those other beers and see if I can get my hands on them since I'm not too familiar with them.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #116
Bella

Drives: 06 Yaris YR Hatch
Quote:
Being a girl is no excuse to not like beer. It's like, because you're a girl you can't be into cars or sports. Which, in my opinion, is just a product of how children are raised (blue path vs pink path) and completely absurd. (Sorry, I have a degree in Human Development/Sociology... don't get me started. lol)

I'm so jealous that you've been to the breweries you've visited! I can't wait until I can go on a trip to England/Ireland/Germany for some of the breweries high on my list to visit. I have heard that Australia is more known for their wine rather than beer, and importing costs are high. But I'm glad you found some stuff you like! I live by a motto of "I'll try anything at least once" definitely applies to beers. I tried some one trip that I found to be disgusting (Russian River's Consecration - A dark SOUR beer aged in cabernet barrels), but second time around.... I love it. Go figure.

Thanks for you post! I definitely will look up those other beers and see if I can get my hands on them since I'm not too familiar with them.
Haha! I definitely understand that! I think I just haven't become the greatest fan since the first beers I tasted were the likes of VB/Carlton Draught, etc.. Which even my mates say they only drink because it's cheap! That being said, if we go anywhere and the boys grab a few different beers, I will give them a try. I do like some of the wheat beers, and absolutely love cider! They're definitely worth a try! I think Fruli may be difficult to get your hands on, but Floris is imported quite readily - They have some interesting flavoured beers, including chocolate!!

The Guinness Storehouse was amazing and definitely a must-visit, as is the Jameson Distillery if you're ever in Dublin!

That's definitely true! Where I am, there are a heap of the bigger wineries such as All Saints, Brown Brothers, Boyntons, etc all within 30 mins-1 hrs drive, as well as all the smaller more boutique wineries. There is so much competition though, and with the drought/bush fires a lot of them have been decimated over the past few years! I do hope to get a chance to go to a few more breweries/wineries around here over spring/summer when things have quietened down Uni wise!
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #117
2009BBPliftback

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB in Blazing blue
Send a message via AIM to 2009BBPliftback
I always liked Hoegartten (belgium)
2009BBPliftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #118
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
i need a beer in SETX that tastes like yuengling. i cant find it anywhere on this side of the mississippi...and i dont know if it's worth the 400mi drive to MS to get it.

any way, another for yuengling, and if i'm the first ya'll on the east side of the states should try it.

for now though, i've moved to shiner bock.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #119
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Quote:
Made it to Zeno's Pub in State College.

Had a bottle of the Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye! Very good! I found it to be a very hoppy beer! The rye was distinctive and bended well... not too malty!

Next time I'll have to try a bottle of the Racer 5, they have it...

Racer X (Double IPA) also looks really good? A malty IPA... Hopefully, they will get some soon :-P

Cheers!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #120
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
I'm lucky enough to live five minutes from the Frederick branch of Flying Dog Brewery and just down the road a bit is the Dogfish Head Restaurant!

Favorite flavors: D.F.H. Indian Brown Ale, Flying Dog's Old Scratch, Sam Smith's everything really. Last but not least Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, soooo good!

This thread is awesome!
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #121
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slummy View Post
I'm lucky enough to live five minutes from the Frederick branch of Flying Dog Brewery and just down the road a bit is the Dogfish Head Restaurant!

Favorite flavors: D.F.H. Indian Brown Ale, Flying Dog's Old Scratch, Sam Smith's everything really. Last but not least Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, soooo good!

This thread is awesome!
Cool! I have to make it to Flying Dog Brewery!

Last month a friend brought some Smuttynose IPA... Very good!

Yesterday, I was visiting a friend in Bloomsburg, PA. But, before going there I had to get my car serviced at the dealership in Selinsgrove, PA. I knew of the Selinsgrove Brewery, but never had gone there. I finally made it...

I sampled all brews and found their IPA, Kriek, and Triple to be awesome

I came back with two growlers of the IPA

Cheers!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #122
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Here are some picks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3728.JPG (308.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3729.JPG (300.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3730.JPG (295.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3731.JPG (252.8 KB, 23 views)

Old 08-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #123
STC
"LibertyRides!"

The other day... I tried Bell's Oberon Ale! The company I work for is called Oberon! I like the Ale much better!

Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #124
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Reading about beer is great and all, but we need more pics of the magical elixir!!!
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #125
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB

Ask and ye shall receive. Not my pic btw. Its just my favorite ale.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #126
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I support the local beer. 100% made in Puerto Rico ---> Medalla Light