Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Yaris Brochures from Around the World...

I just got back from a business trip to Europe and I got the wild idea of grabbing Yaris brochures from different countries!

Well, as Robert Burns's poem would say (from which John Steinbeck would gain the title of his book), "the best laid plans of mice and men..."

In other words, I was successful in getting a brochure from a Toyota dealership in Lermoos, Austria; but that was about it! I mapped a Toyota dealership in Munich to stop by on our way to the airport, but it turned out to be a financing center and there were no brochures to be found!

And, despite flying into Heathrow in London, the small town of Huntingdon where I was staying did not have a Toyota dealership that I could find. I even asked a few British buddies to look for one, but they were unable to find one before we met up for a few pints and Indian food.

So, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in grabbing a brochure and sending it to me? I am willing to pay postage if it isn't ridiculous (please check before sending); and my goal is to get as many brochures from countries around the world as possible. Obviously, the further from Texas the country is, the more exotic it will seem!

If you are willing to help out, please send me a PM or an email. Oh, and I do already have one from the US!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Cool idea!
I'll ship a brochure (from Mexico) to you as soon as I go back to the dealership.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Try googling Toyota and a country name to find the Toyota site for that country. I have downloaded a bunch of different Yaris brochures in PDF form. Some of the sites offer English, others you have to fumble around to find the brochure.

For example here's the one for Denmark: http://www.toyota.dk/specs/brochures.aspx

It displays in iPaper, but has a link at the bottom to download in PDF.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
CTScott

I already knew that in many countries you are able to download a brochure; but I think it would be fun to get as many glossy hardcopies of them as I can! The one from Austria is cool, there are a lot of things different than what we get in the States and I want to see what countries have what!

Speaking of which, I was very happy to see so many Yarii in the countries I was in (Germany, Austria and the UK). They are not that common around here--which is why I bought one instead of a Civic. Seeing a diesel version in the UK, or so many four-door hatchbacks where they are new to us in the US, and not seeing any sedans (what countries get them?) just whets my appetite for more info about our beloved little car!

tk-412, I do appreciate any assistance you can provide in getting a Mexican brochure!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
not seeing any sedans (what countries get them?)
The EU doesn't.

But yeah they're pretty common around here, especially in the 5-door configuration.

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:49 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I have no idea when I'll drop by a dealership next but I'll be sure to grab some for ya

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
vitzzz

Drives: VITZ
i bought from ebay. you can find there
vitzzz is offline   Reply With Quote