Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Speakers, what you guys running?

i am currently running bostwick system...4 of these and its pretty banging...have stock touch unit, i dont even know what brand it is lol....😆😆😆😆😆
i installed damping on 4 doors and covered driver side, passenger side floor...noise went down but not enough 😣😣😣😣😣

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
07. stock speakers rule!
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:28 PM   #3
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
I put a pair of 6.5-inch coaxial Clarion speakers into the doors of my 2007 Yaris and they really kick butt. Much louder, with punchy mids, big bass and great definition at the top end. They sound huge compared to the stock ones, and we're quite inexpensive off eBay, where I also got the mounting flanges and shower wires from. And I don't feel any need for a sub now.

In my previous 2004 Echo (1st gen Yaris) I changed the dashboard speakers with a 4-inch coaxial Pioneer pair off eBay. Again, a big improvement in sound, although not quite as massive as with changing the door speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
07. stock speakers rule!
The stock Yaris/Echo speakers are the most crappy POS speakers I have ever come across, and as an electronics engineer I've seen just about every kind of speaker there is. The door speakers especially. Apart from the soft paper cone which deteriorates over time, what passes for the magnet looks like it's made of aluminum, and is too weak to even pick up a paper clip. It's almost surprising it makes any sound at all. You don't need to pay big bucks to replace it with something that sounds 100 times better.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:02 AM   #4
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
hahaha! I have a set of Focal K2 Power 165 KF new in the box that have been sitting around since 2007. (car toys 20th anniversary) they are 6.5's. when I bought them, I had a civic, so they would not fit. I guess I could put them in the yaris...

where is a good spot to mount the tweeters? I've seen them in the door cards near window actuators, but the angle seems garbage. the a pillars have airbags, so they can't go there...

Last edited by SirDigby; 10-18-2016 at 12:05 AM. Reason: added question
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:55 AM   #5
tarkus

Mount your tweeters on top of the dashboard, towards the windshield. They will sound good there.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
Mount your tweeters on top of the dashboard, towards the windshield. They will sound good there.

i put tweeter on the dashboard....its banging 😆😆😆😆

Old 10-18-2016, 09:20 AM   #7
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
hahaha! I have a set of Focal K2 Power 165 KF new in the box that have been sitting around since 2007. (car toys 20th anniversary) they are 6.5's. when I bought them, I had a civic, so they would not fit. I guess I could put them in the yaris...

where is a good spot to mount the tweeters? I've seen them in the door cards near window actuators, but the angle seems garbage. the a pillars have airbags, so they can't go there...
just like tarkus said...on the dashboard would be a good place...i just mounted mine on the dashboard and it sounds great 🖒🖒🖒

Old 10-18-2016, 03:45 PM   #8
tarkus

It also makes for simpler wiring back to the head unit.