Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
jeeper5usa

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Picking up my dream next week! Comments

I am so excited I been checking out the Yaris for a quite awhile and have the one I want all picked out and my loan check is in the mail on the way to me as we speak. I am so excited and will post pics as soon as I pick her up. She is a fully optioned 09 Blazing Blue 4-door (I have kids) hatchback fully-optioned going for 12G. I am excited but hope dealer will come down to 11 since they already charge you one thousand in taxes and fees already, what do you guys and ladies think? I can hardly wait, I already took a vacation day from work next Friday to pick her up as she is located 200 miles from where I live (no there isnt one closer). Nothing is final, just crossing my fingers that my first choice is still there in a week when I have cash in hand, wish me luck everyone?

Future mods after purchase is going to be: a DVD/Nav radio with Sirius, Air filter, Optima battery, Hood seal, Autostart, 08 alloy wheels, HID lights, fog lights, and going to try and switch the instrument panel to 08 models, I like it better, dont like the orange. (if possible)

I WILL POST FOLLOW UP PICS!! Comments Appreciated!
jeeper5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

Drives: '10 SWP STi/'09 Escalade
Send a message via AIM to ASHRAF Send a message via MSN to ASHRAF Send a message via Yahoo to ASHRAF
Good luck with the purchase! I know you won't be disappointed with the Yaris, it's one fun little car

I have been looking for another yaris myself for DD duty & for the wifey to drive around as needed

don't forget to post some pics :)

-AJ
'08 Fiji Blue Pearl Honda Civic Mugen Si - US
'08 Lightning Red Subaru Impreza WRX STi - US
'09 Diamond White Pearl Cadillac Escalade - US (current)
'10 Satin White Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi - US (current)
'11 Yaris?
ASHRAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Congrats, that Yaris will offset the bad gas mileage you get in your TJ (I also drive an 05 LJ)!

Cheers! M2
Old 02-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
3dr5speedblk
StickShift

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB
You will like this Car!

Great family car fun to drive too!!
Enjoy the ride!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
jeeper5usa

Ok here it goes. The bad news, The used one I wanted got sold before I could get to it and was so fustrated at trying to find a late model used that I just went to a dealer who had the damn thing in stock and I fell in love. So, the good news is I found exactly what I was looking for at a dealer and even better! I just bought a 2011 Blazing Blue Yaris with Power Package, All-Weather Guard package, and Cruise Control for 15.6G. Good Deal? Yes, and I love the pin striping, so no negative comments on that, goes well with that new car smell. Ah SWEET! Can't wait to pick her up during the week next week. I was too rushed today so couldn't wait around too enough long to complete all the DMV paperworks. Just going to pick up the perm plates in a day or so. Well? Anyone Likey? Pics Below! Bonus
Old 03-05-2011, 01:07 AM   #6
jeeper5usa

Old 03-05-2011, 04:26 AM   #7
3dr5speedblk
StickShift

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper5usa View Post
Ok here it goes. The bad news, The used one I wanted got sold before I could get to it and was so fustrated at trying to find a late model used that I just went to a dealer who had the damn thing in stock and I fell in love. So, the good news is I found exactly what I was looking for at a dealer and even better! I just bought a 2011 Blazing Blue Yaris with Power Package, All-Weather Guard package, and Cruise Control for 15.6G. Good Deal? Yes, and I love the pin striping, so no negative comments on that, goes well with that new car smell. Ah SWEET! Can't wait to pick her up during the week next week. I was too rushed today so couldn't wait around too enough long to complete all the DMV paperworks. Just going to pick up the perm plates in a day or so. Well? Anyone Likey? Pics Below! Bonus
You will be more than HAPPY with this car!New is nice!loaded..gotta have cruise!
Now get out and go for a ride!

Last edited by 3dr5speedblk; 03-05-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: The stripes OK!
3dr5speedblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #8
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
It sounds like you were in a hurrry to get a car. It may or may not be a good deal. Stop second quessing yourself and enjoy your new car.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Very nice and enjoy .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
Enjoy your new ride!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
3dr5speedblk
StickShift

Theres not much dealing room on these little cars (cash for clunkers killed that!)
My car is better than some at twice the price! Hey it's a 2011!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
jeeper5usa

I actually wasn't in a hurry, but was getting impatient looking for months for a used one. I was looking for about year for a clean used one with low mileage and found that the new ones weren't that much of a difference in price. I LOVE this little car! I posted pics and will post more of my upgrades soon. I was bascially looking for a Blazing blue, 4-Door hacthback with All-Weather package, Power Package, and Cruise and found this new 2011 Toyota Yaris for $14,600 at Russell Toyota in Baltimore, MD. I had to travel to find what I wanted, the dealers here in Jersey don't have much of a selection, these little cars are FLYING off of the dealers lots everywhere, and most dealers in my area are lucky to have a couple of 4 door models on their lots. It was a good deal I thought on this 2011, and I am very happy with my purchase, wouldn't change a thing. I LOVE this little car and the gas mileage is the best I have ever gotten. This particuar one has a pin stripe which normally I am not fond of, but on this one, I thought it looked kind of cool and had the Toyota logo which I posted a close-up of. I am upgrading as we speak, and will show pics in the other proper forums. This has been my best purchase of a vehicle and everyonen that rides in it can't believe how roomy it is. I just love it.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #13
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Fill us in on your gas mileage on occasion . Thanks .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:40 AM   #14
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Welcome. Grats on the new car. You're going to have a blast!
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Very cool photos! I can pratically smell the new car smell from here

I like the little Toyota logo on the side of the car.

oh and BTW, welcome to the forum !