Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #19
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
A person's private life is just that: private. What people do behind closed doors, despite how creepy it may be, is something that they don't have to answer for. Besides, he's no longer around to account for anything. Just let him rest in peace; he's earned his freedom from the media.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #20
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
^That applies to adults with adults, not to "grown up" sickos geting predatory with kids.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
mrbond

There wasn't enough proof that he did things with as many kids as alleged. And again, he's not around to account for anything anymore, so nothing can be done.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #22
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

There was plenty of proof, there was also plenty of money. Many charges were dropped for finacial consideration, besides even ones too many.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #23
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
A person's private life is just that: private. What people do behind closed doors, despite how creepy it may be, is something that they don't have to answer for. Besides, he's no longer around to account for anything. Just let him rest in peace; he's earned his freedom from the media.

I'm still not convinced of any wrongdoing on his part. Just because you decide to settle a case before lawyers get you bankrupt, doesn't mean you're wrong. Lawyers are like doctors, they can generate the nastiest looking bills!

A few years ago I hit a parked car (gently, mind you, there was no damage to either car, except a couple of *minor* scratches on MY car's bumper's not even the other guy's!!!) Anyway, the owner of the other car was next to his car. We exchanged insurance papers so he could go have his car detailed on me or whatever. Later on, my insurance calls me and tells me that he claimed personal injury! apparently, he said that he was in the car and got throw out or some other ridiculous BS. My insurance had to settle the case to make it go away. It turned out that guy was a professional plaintiff, already sued 2 or 3 people with other BS claims. I didn't want to settle but the insurance explained that settling now would cost $3K whereas going all the way to try to prove my point would have cost upwards of $35K and it was still pretty much his word against mine. The pictures of the cars showing no damage unfortunately were not enough to disprove the guy's lies. The insurance guy told me it happens all the time, people just try to get "free money" from the insurance company.

That's why I'm saying, settling a case is no admission of being wrong, it just means you don't want to run a $$$ tab in legal fees.

In MJ's case, we'll probably will never know what really happened. Was he weird, hell YEAH, I mean LOOK at him! But I tend to believe that, because the guy was so WEIRD, but also so rich, he was kind of a target.

Maybe we'll never know.

My 2 c.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
There wasn't enough proof that he did things with as many kids as alleged. And again, he's not around to account for anything anymore, so nothing can be done.
Something can be done. We can make sure that his legacy is not one sided and the disgrace of his actions are remembered. He was not a hero. He was a sick child molester. Some of us will continue to remind everyone that he was a sicko.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #25
mrbond

^ I agree. There were so many cases against him that it was hard NOT to believe that the plaintiffs were gold diggers.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #26
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
Something can be done. We can make sure that his legacy is not one sided and the disgrace of his actions are remembered. He was not a hero. He was a sick child molester. Some of us will continue to remind everyone that he was a sicko.
Agreed. I think now that he's gone those who were his victims will start to come forward. webster, the cory's, alfonso whats-his-name...I'm going out on a limb to say that the list could be endless.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #27
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
show your proof the one definate proof. not the rehashed info the media feeds

unless you have evidance in the same league as the holocaust for Hitler , you have nothing
He was a sicko. That was plain for all to see. Just cause you can not see your asshole doesn't mean you don't have one.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #28
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

A sane man would have ceased engaging in the child "companionship" if one false case was made against him. I though I would not be the least surprised to find that some of the suits were based more on blackmail than reality, only a sick obsession could lead someone to continue in this behaviour after having been exposed to the potential legal consequences. Your childhood hero turned out to be a sick predator.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #29
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Thank you PK, i couldn't have said it better myself. It's sad to see that people are posting things like that. Think what you want of MJ, but at least have some respect for him. We have some real heartless people on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
1st, he's not my childhood hero.
2nd anyone who's dead cant answer for themselves nor do they care. so dragging his name through the mud wont change a thing .

i don't care if you are MJ, Farah or Mother Theresa, once you're dead lets have some respect thats all if not for the dead person for their family. i mean how hard is it to understand
Closed Thread