Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
bigdoglover

Drives: 2007 red lb
dealership trouble

so yesterday i take my 07 yaris hb to the toyota dealer for an oil change at 7:15 a.m.. so while waiting for it to be done i walk around the showroom looking at the new cars, no yaris in there though. so i spot a new one in front of the dealer and go check it out, and it is unlocked! now its silver and that is one color i don't really care for but its there and i sit down in it. i loved it, darn yaris. its the 5 door which i would have loved when i got mine but they weren't around back then. it is the LE which has cruise and remote keyless entry neither of which i have. now the sticker is $17,400, mine has been paid for at least 3 years. its nice not having a payment but........you can see where this is headed, right? so i'm home in an hour and on the internet looking for something other than silver. i found a used 2012 for $15,500 with only 3,000 miles but i am trying to keep my head screwed on right and not jump on anything without really thinking about all of this. i have 63,000 miles on mine which is nothing, but cruise control, keyless entry, 2 extra doors and a 3 year warranty do sound nice, payments not so much. i really wanted an suv but can't pull the trigger because of mpg-i really for the most part enjoy the yaris but, a new one kind of sounds nice,doesn't it? any thoughts?
bigdoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
You sat in a Gen3 at the dealership and fell in love with it. Subsequently found a used Gen2 which you are excited about.

What is it you're really in love with? The Gen3, or the idea of getting into a newer car?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Interesting dilema.

If you keep the old one - probably most cost effective.

But if you get the new one you'll have a YAris for six more years than you would have.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
I was in a simular situation but I went with keeping my current yaris. Instead I just spent 2 months in car payments in mods instead. Its so much better not having a car payment and at 60k miles which what mine is at right now too theres really no wear on the car its going to go another 100k without any issues as it has been proven on this forum by other members.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
I like Gen2 better, especially 2006-2007 because there are several bodykits available for it and you can pretty much customize it the way you want.

Gen 3 is just the same, just looks different
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
You sat in a Gen3 at the dealership and fell in love with it. Subsequently found a used Gen2 which you are excited about.

What is it you're really in love with? The Gen3, or the idea of getting into a newer car?
bigdoglover wrote that he found a used 2012. I don't know for certain re Canada, but in the USDM, the 2012 Model Year is the 3rd Gen (XP 130) Yaris, not the 2nd Gen.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
^ Oh yeah. That was certainly an embarrassing brain fart on my part. Same in Canada, the 2012 is the first Gen3.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
^ Oh yeah. That was certainly an embarrassing brain fart on my part. Same in Canada, the 2012 is the first Gen3.
No biggie. You had company. Bronsin, Yaris Sedan, and TOLMACH didn't notice it either. And I certainly have my share of brain farts on posts as well....in fact one I need to correct right now because I didn't read the 'Herbie World Tour' links carefully enough.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #9
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoglover View Post
so yesterday i take my 07 yaris hb to the toyota dealer for an oil change at 7:15 a.m.. so while waiting for it to be done i walk around the showroom looking at the new cars, no yaris in there though. so i spot a new one in front of the dealer and go check it out, and it is unlocked! now its silver and that is one color i don't really care for but its there and i sit down in it. i loved it, darn yaris. its the 5 door which i would have loved when i got mine but they weren't around back then. it is the LE which has cruise and remote keyless entry neither of which i have. now the sticker is $17,400, mine has been paid for at least 3 years. its nice not having a payment but........you can see where this is headed, right? so i'm home in an hour and on the internet looking for something other than silver. i found a used 2012 for $15,500 with only 3,000 miles but i am trying to keep my head screwed on right and not jump on anything without really thinking about all of this. i have 63,000 miles on mine which is nothing, but cruise control, keyless entry, 2 extra doors and a 3 year warranty do sound nice, payments not so much. i really wanted an suv but can't pull the trigger because of mpg-i really for the most part enjoy the yaris but, a new one kind of sounds nice,doesn't it? any thoughts?
Yaris sales are DOWN!!
I just bought a 2013 3 door for $14,800. With tax etc $16,200 out the door.
Sticker was $16,070.

You can drive that 2013 5 door out for $17,500!! Don't let anyone else tell you different, not even the salesperson!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #10
JimKellyfan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Can't you put the add ons you want on yours ?
2010 Yaris sedan, TRD CAT back (sport muffler only, really), OBX header (relocated front AF sensor to front pipe), OBX throttle plate spacer, K&N filter (in stock air box-for now), TRD struts and shocks, Mexico Rough Road Springs x 4, new Yota sway bar links front, slotted/drilled rotors and Maxx brakes front, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid, 3M undercoated, 16" Konig Feathers Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + Tires
TRD rear sway bar, 4 GT Spec bars including: front strut brace 2 point, 4 point ladder brace, mid chassis brace and rear lower tie brace, rear hitch, [B]
JimKellyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #11
bigdoglover

Drives: 2007 red lb
still got her

didn't do anything, so i still have my 07. get great mpg but would love a new one. i like the idea of being able to have the extra doors for the backseat which obviously i can't do on my current one. but not many around and not making payments is huge. just hate that i probably have repairs coming in the near future. i'm thinking water pump-who knows what else. did the battery and the belt-no brakes yet. only have 67,000 miles so should last awhile yet.
bigdoglover is offline   Reply With Quote