Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #55
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
what about the reverse process i heard ur suppose to turn this off during reverse or buy a special kit.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #56
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
see other thread. :)
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #57
rpalai

Drives: 2008 NEW Yaris 2-door Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Fly View Post
I was under the empression that the yaris came with self learning technology. Anotherwards if your looking for mpg break it in that way. If your gonna run the crap out of it break it in that way. I broke my 06 scion xA for mpg and it couldnt get out of its own way. I have been running the crap out of my 08 yaris and it never lets me down. I have never had my yaris choke up on me. Is this possible or am i stuck in a time dialation bubble?

kms2112
Hello. I just read your comments regarding the self-learning capabiloity oif the ECM for the 2008 Yaris. I own a new 5-speed 2-dr liftback. I had no idea bout these features and it seemed a lot faster when I first got it. Now it is doggy probably because I have not been driving it very hard for the first 4800 miles aI have put on it. My question is, it now too late for me to try to get more power from it if I start to drive it a lot hardner now and keep it up? This all is until I get my Blitz SC installed on it, which I just ordered. Please let me know. Thanks! rpalai
rpalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:30 AM   #58
davinelika

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Send a message via MSN to davinelika
We in Indonesia use Dastek Unichip with Throttle module to overcome this problem... The throttle module function is pretty Cool!! Just kick your pedal half and your car will run like full throttle kicked....
davinelika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #59
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpalai View Post
Hello. I just read your comments regarding the self-learning capabiloity oif the ECM for the 2008 Yaris. I own a new 5-speed 2-dr liftback. I had no idea bout these features and it seemed a lot faster when I first got it. Now it is doggy probably because I have not been driving it very hard for the first 4800 miles aI have put on it. My question is, it now too late for me to try to get more power from it if I start to drive it a lot hardner now and keep it up? This all is until I get my Blitz SC installed on it, which I just ordered. Please let me know. Thanks! rpalai
It is never to late to search for more power. I had mine for 5K before I got caught up in the mod scene. I spent alot of time here reading posts, sifting through responses on various items out there and then formed a plan to get where I wanted to go. Doing things in moderation as the budget could afford I started with NST pulleys. I wanted to do things to compliment each other and solve little personal owner problems. Wanted better handling, solved that. Wanted a little more power/feel, solved that. Wanted to improve the appearance of some of what I call shortfall areas on the Yaris, did that. All done in stages and again as the budget could afford. Now, can I beat a modified any other car? Me? No, except maybe at the pump. But I like it and really that's all that counts. Am I done spending, looking, reading and or seeking advice in regards to power? No.

Came back to add that the Blitz is not a power addition. To me it's a feel type thing in that it makes you feel that you have more.

Last edited by Klink10; 03-04-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote