Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #55
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Ohhh NO its ugly lol
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #56
90tsi

Drives: 09 yaris
you know dani gonna want it!
90tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #57
johnnypaseo

Drives: Toyota paseo
Hey Jenarae!! Havent seen ya in awhile! how yah been?
johnnypaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #58
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
It's great to see you active on here again, kurokoma-kun...You were missed...

Yes, I know, I'm a boy lurking in the ladies thread, but I'm er, um , moderating...

Cheers
Ohhh Is that what they call it now!?!?!lol
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #59
TheKuma
SB

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatch
I'm envious of the other ladies who did work on there's! My knowledge is pretty limited (I sadly know more about Mazda3s than my own baby yaris).

Here I am, goofing around with a kitty.
TheKuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #60
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

What a cute kitty!

Doesn't look too happy there, though.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #61
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
more stuff in the works for my blitz... maybe a new pulley and a bypass valve! hurray fabrication!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #62
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKuma View Post
I'm envious of the other ladies who did work on there's! My knowledge is pretty limited (I sadly know more about Mazda3s than my own baby yaris).

Here I am, goofing around with a kitty.

you guys are cute .....anyway

you know mazda3 than the yaris ...here's my girl ride : kenstyle kit, h&R , works Equip rims ( 8" front and 9" rear ) ...
Attached Images

vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #63
LuvMyYar

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris hatchback
Send a message via AIM to LuvMyYar
I'm a lady Yaris owner! I call her the Barbie Car!
LuvMyYar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #64
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
I like that pink steering wheel but...i wish it were a lighter pink.
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #65
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Ah I loooove the mazda3 I drove a rental a few months ago and was so impressed by the handling! Every time I go by one now I have to turn and look, I think it's a very attractive car, especially with the spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDani View Post
I like that pink steering wheel but...i wish it were a lighter pink.
Yes, I think the guy who had it on his car was going for contrast. There are lots of pink accessories though, you'll find some you like
Old 08-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #66
jenarae

Drives: No more Yaris!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypaseo View Post
Hey Jenarae!! Havent seen ya in awhile! how yah been?

Hi!!! I know...i was away from the forum for awhile...got rid of my Yaris! But i am back now because i missed all of you
Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #67
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
I installed a supercharger on my car last winter. There's a picture of it in my garage album.

You may have heard people say that our cars have a four-cylinder, internal combustion engine. Each cylinder is just a tube in the engine that has a piston (a part that goes up and down) inside. Basically, the movement of the pistons is what makes the power that turns the wheels of the car.

To make the power, air and fuel get mixed together inside the cylinder above each piston. The spark plug ignites the air/fuel mixture, and that little explosion (combustion) drives down the piston--the force created is then transmitted to other parts of the car, and off you go.

The Blitz supercharger I have is a pretty complex part! It connects to the outside of the engine, and replaces one of the stock pieces. What it does is compress the air before it goes into the cylinders. More air means more fuel can be mixed with it, so the engine can do more work in each cycle of fuel burning. In other words it has more horsepower.

Summary: supercharger =
What are the before/after stats with your Yaris? I have been toying with the idea of getting a turbo charger - not until next summer since I'm in Minnesota and it's already almost winter time lol I want to be able to enjoy it for a while before I have to drive 5mph through 10 feet of snow for 6 months haha

....and again, I will be paying someone to install it ..... if you want to do another one let me know LOL jk :)
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #68
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Drives: 2 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback
Given my back injuries that I have from being hit by a van while on a bicycle, and the follow up chronic tendonitis, I will leave working under the hood for those with more skills, zero petrochemical allergies, the right tools, and stronger backs. Putting on my own plastic plate cover protectors is enough of a challange. Besides my Mom would have a fit if I tried to install myself the turbo charger I want. After my heart attack last year, my Mom has become a little too protective. My Mom does admit with me being her primary sourse of support, she wants nothing to happen to me.
ellenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #69
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Drives: 2 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Pie #2 View Post
Calling all lady Yaris owners.
Sorry I am not much for old cars without catalitic converters. Too much air pollution for someone who suffers from petrochemical allergies. http://www.midatlanticnostalgiaconvention.com/ Besides I used to live near Aberdeen, MD. The APG Tank Museum is more my style. LOL.
ellenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #70
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
What are the before/after stats with your Yaris? I have been toying with the idea of getting a turbo charger - not until next summer since I'm in Minnesota and it's already almost winter time lol I want to be able to enjoy it for a while before I have to drive 5mph through 10 feet of snow for 6 months haha

....and again, I will be paying someone to install it ..... if you want to do another one let me know LOL jk :)
Ah dear lord, the pace at work has been brutal lately, sorry I didn't answer before.

Let's see, before and after: on a recent test I did a 7.7 second 0-60, with close to 149 hp...surely someone with experience at it could improve that time. Stock the Yaris is advertised as having 106 hp at the crank (plenty of stock dynos here in the 90s range at the wheel). So my results sound about right, as the s/c is advertised as providing a 30+ hp gain, and my other intake/exhaust mods make up the rest.

I will never work on the car in the winter again lol! It was so cold, got dark so early, made the whole process just plain unpleasant and took much longer than expected.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #71
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousPups4U View Post
Because as ladies, I suppose we really don't care very much what each other looks like. Now pictures of shoes well that might be something else entirely.

ok just for you:

more "unusual" shoes here

http://www.freakingnews.com/Odd-Shoe...ures--1026.asp

I dig those myself:
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #72
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
I installed a supercharger on my car last winter. There's a picture of it in my garage album.

You may have heard people say that our cars have a four-cylinder, internal combustion engine. Each cylinder is just a tube in the engine that has a piston (a part that goes up and down) inside. Basically, the movement of the pistons is what makes the power that turns the wheels of the car.

To make the power, air and fuel get mixed together inside the cylinder above each piston. The spark plug ignites the air/fuel mixture, and that little explosion (combustion) drives down the piston--the force created is then transmitted to other parts of the car, and off you go.

The Blitz supercharger I have is a pretty complex part! It connects to the outside of the engine, and replaces one of the stock pieces. What it does is compress the air before it goes into the cylinders. More air means more fuel can be mixed with it, so the engine can do more work in each cycle of fuel burning. In other words it has more horsepower.

Summary: supercharger =
You *ARE* f'ing awesome!

Noob question, I imagine. How does that mod affect your MPG?