Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
bonita!
I've made a post!

Drives: Mazda
Yaris newbie question:)

Hello everyone from Canada:)

I am new to the forum and would like to say hi and hope that I am thinking of getting a Yaris!!

I am in the market for a 2007 Yaris because it fits my budget. Now the dealership is offering one for $9999.00CAN and it has 57,740kms on it. Now it is from a dealership and am wondering if this is a good price and if not how much I should lower it too?

Again I am in Canada so I don't know if that makes a difference in pricing etc,

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is gonna be my first used car purchase:)

Thank you
bonita
bonita! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I don't know the prices in Canada but I bought a 2007 Yaris 6 months ago, with 55K miles on it, for about 9K and she runs like clockwork so I'm happy.

Things that make a difference in pricing are the options on the car (is it automatic, manual transmission, does it have power anything, etc?), that'll tell you how much they may have paid for it new.

Then you go to a place like Edmunds.com or KBB to see the value of the car, and you negotiate from there.

So for instance, I went to a dealer to buy my car, but I put the specs of the car in the Kbb website first to see how much I should be paying. They have a price for private parties, a price for dealers, and they price depending on the condition of the car "good, excellent, poor"

Try to get as much information as you can about the used car you are buying because that will determine how much money you should be paying.

Oh, I forgot, in the US, we run CARFAX on used cars to see how many owners they had and if they had an accident.

Hope that helps getting you started. Good luck with your purchase.

PS, welcome to the forum :)
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
CE, LE, RS?

3dr, 5dr HB, or sedan?

Automatic or manual?

Where in Canada?

Lots of unknowns that would affect opinion on price.