Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
ok seriously need help...

Tonight was a raining night. I drove to my local supermarket and get some food. I came out, started my car and I realized the rear deforester light is on (but i didn't turn it on), so i tried to push the button but the light wouldn't turn off. So I thought no big deal, I might just have to restart my car.

So I stopped, turn off my car and then start it back up. This time the gear shifter(AT) wouldn't shift down from P!! So I knew something is wrong with the car, but I had to get home so I took out the small cover to get access to the shift button, in order to get it shift to D. At this time, I also realized the passenger air bag(I had a passenger at that time) had no light, the red airbag warning light on the dash came on, the battery warning light came on(flickers rapidly). The fans also didn't work, although the console light works(it was night time). So I still insisted to drive back home, because it was late and dealership were closed I couldn't bring my car in for repair.

I continued driving back home, only to realize the signal no longer works. I didn't turn on my headlights, cuz I wanted to preserve the battery. Oncoming cars were flashing me with their high beams, I had to turn on the hazard lights instead. Luckily I made it home, but the problem still not yet resolved. Anyone have any idea?

I have a voltmeter in my headunit, and it was displaying 12.3V (+1/-1) when I was driving back home, so obviously the battery wasn't charging.

At home, I used a multimeter to test the battery directly, is showing me 12.16V when the car is started.

What I have done so far:
Cleaning the battery terminal with paper towels, and make sure they are snug fit.

What I have done before this occurs:
Installing driver side heated seat

What is the problem??

help!

Last edited by caineroad; 10-28-2012 at 07:16 PM.
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote