Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
YEAR-END AWARDS!

ok, the mods have given approval for this provided everyone PLAYS NICE and makes NO POLITICAL REFERENCES. what i've done is come up with 10 categories for everyone to nominate a person/persons for each award.

the following 10 categories are only examples i came up with last night. feel free to add more provided everyone PLAYS NICE and makes NO POLITICAL REFERENCES. also, if people think a category is dumb(or even this entire award-idea for that matter) i will remove them. all you have to do is i copy the below text into a reply and post your nominations. the only actual 'award' to this is the recognition from your peers(i know......lame), but more importantly it gives everyone a chance to give kudos to others on the forum who have made this a more enjoyable place to visit! if you aren't comfortable nominating someone 'in the open' just shoot me a pm and i'll regularly post them!

the year-end award categories(subject to change):

THE 'TOO DARN SMART FOR THEIR OWN GOOD' AKA MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE AWARD

THE 'THEY MUST BE WORKING FOR TIPS' AKA MOST FRIENDLY/HELPFUL AWARD

THE 'I CAN'T LOOK AWAY!' AKA BEST SIGNATURE/AVATAR AWARD

THE 'MOST LIKELY TO WIN THIS AWARD AND SELL IT' AKA BEST SELLER/TRADER AWARD

THE 'TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO ONE HAS GONE BEFORE' AKA MOST CREATIVE PROJECT AWARD

THE 'I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER!' AKA BEST CONVERSATIONALIST AWARD

THE 'BEST LAWYER REPRESENTING YOU' AKA BEST ARGUER AWARD

THE 'ONLY PERSON I'D LET TOUCH MY CAR BESIDES ME' AKA MOST TRUSTED ADVISOR AWARD

THE 'WISH YOU WERE HERE....' AKA MOST MISSED AWARD

THE 'MY 5-YEAR OLD WOULD CALL YOU A COMPUTER-JUNKIE' AKA MOST ON AWARD

THE 'OUR VERY OWN CELEBRITY' AKA MOST LIKELY TO MAKE THE COVER OF A CAR MAG AWARD

feel free to send pms now to me for nominees or category ideas(again, if you think it might be the slightest bit controversial or mean - DON'T as the mods have said they will monitor this closely and i'm only doing maybe a dozen or so categories for time reasons so i will take the 'safest' ones). not sure if this needs to be 'stickied' or not, but LET THE NOMINATIONS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by toad; 12-02-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: original rules too confusing - made it simpler!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote