Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-10-2016, 03:00 AM   #1
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
car slow af still...

i wanted to make my yaris fully mod with stage 1 and see how fast it goes..
stage 1: none internal parts
- intake, spacer with polished TB
- jdm vitz rs counter parts, vvti solenoid, maf etc. ix plugs
- exhaust system -header, center pipe
- lightweight pulley
- 1jz injectors with E85 conversion
- ecu chip tuned..tuned all the to the maximum performance..lol 😅😅😅😅

result...slow af..still..probably gained 15-20whp..not enough 😂😂😂😂😂
feels like driving 4age engine where i have to rev high rpm all the time... 😧😧😧😧😧

next mod: forged piston or pair of jun cam 😤😤😤😤

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
You gained zero HP. spacer and polished TB did nothing. 1ZZ TB and mod your intake or do an intake swap plus complete exhaust from header to tail pipe you'll get a better throttle response. other then that boost or piston swap with fuel management. These engines especially the head is not designed for high performance but fuel efficiency. So unless you spend money to boost your gonna get disappointed.

Theirs no replacement for displacement!!!!

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigaud View Post
You gained zero HP. spacer and polished TB did nothing. 1ZZ TB and mod your intake or do an intake swap plus complete exhaust from header to tail pipe you'll get a better throttle response. other then that boost or piston swap with fuel management. These engines especially the head is not designed for high performance but fuel efficiency. So unless you spend money to boost your gonna get disappointed.

Theirs no replacement for displacement!!!!
he let me down...lol 😂😂😂😂
going to try out prius piston..

Old 07-24-2016, 11:47 AM   #4
TRD SPEC

Drives: Ncp42
Honestly adding a throttle body spacer isn't going to do much cause all it does is increase the length between throttle body and the intake but still by doing that you will increase about 0.5 amount of torque at low rpm i believe,i change my throttle body to 1zz-fe and custom made a spacer cause my intake manifold is 3 hole and the 1zz-fe is 4 hole,than custom made a short ram intake my self[some clamps and a samco hose lol],i can feel the torque came in early but doesn't effect much in high rpm...if my butt dyno is correct i say increase 60% in low rpm 30%in mid and 10%in high....but still the 1zz-fe throttle body is 60mm and stock 1nz fe is around 46mm by porting it i think you can get to 47mm maybe?wouldn't change much.
But what crank pulley you use?and how much cc does the 1jz have?can i use that injector with only ron95 fuel?
TRD SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:07 PM   #5
Fluxtasy
feed my pet

Drives: Yaris Sedan '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD SPEC View Post
Honestly adding a throttle body spacer isn't going to do much cause all it does is increase the length between throttle body and the intake but still by doing that you will increase about 0.5 amount of torque at low rpm i believe,i change my throttle body to 1zz-fe and custom made a spacer cause my intake manifold is 3 hole and the 1zz-fe is 4 hole,than custom made a short ram intake my self[some clamps and a samco hose lol],i can feel the torque came in early but doesn't effect much in high rpm...if my butt dyno is correct i say increase 60% in low rpm 30%in mid and 10%in high....but still the 1zz-fe throttle body is 60mm and stock 1nz fe is around 46mm by porting it i think you can get to 47mm maybe?wouldn't change much.
But what crank pulley you use?and how much cc does the 1jz have?can i use that injector with only ron95 fuel?
isn't your TB drive by cable since you said it was 3 holes while the 1ZZ TB is 4 holes drive by wire
Fluxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:29 PM   #6
TRD SPEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxtasy View Post
isn't your TB drive by cable since you said it was 3 holes while the 1ZZ TB is 4 holes drive by wire
Yes,my car is ncp42

Sent from my 3006 using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2016, 11:44 PM   #7
rabbito

actually TB polishing with TB spacers do work. racing team called BRD actually gained hp with this set up. theyre big manufacturer and i dont think their stupid enough to do mass production on spacer+polishing. BRD does not waste time mass producing product. i know there is going to be a key board warriors who will claim things without any mods in their yaris 😂😂😂😂😂

Old 07-26-2016, 12:15 AM   #8
TRD SPEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbito View Post
actually TB polishing with TB spacers do work. racing team called BRD actually gained hp with this set up. theyre big manufacturer and i dont think their stupid enough to do mass production on spacer+polishing. BRD does not waste time mass producing product. i know there is going to be a key board warriors who will claim things without any mods in their yaris 😂😂😂😂😂

Just a personal opinion😂

Old 07-26-2016, 03:16 AM   #9
alias06

Drives: 2008 Red Toyota Yaris
Converting to E85 on stock pistons, with your current mods, regardless of how much tuning you've done will yield no significant gains in power. You might have even lost power, just my $0.02 from a keyboard warrior, what do I know...
alias06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:01 AM   #10
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias06 View Post
Converting to E85 on stock pistons, with your current mods, regardless of how much tuning you've done will yield no significant gains in power. You might have even lost power, just my $0.02 from a keyboard warrior, what do I know...
converting to E85 on stock piston with my current mods won't gain anything? ..LOL 😂😂😂😂😂 you joking right..?
only converting to E85 doesnt do anything..they actually have E85 conversion just to change the fuel module with E85 plugs for stock injectors but changing to larger injector and slight timing advance on ecu do gain hp..
E85 tuning isnt same mod as putting on cold air intake and gaining 5hp with sound effects..lol 😂😂😂

Old 07-26-2016, 04:05 AM   #11
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD SPEC View Post
Just a personal opinion😂

they give 2 options down here..either 1zz 60mm TB or polishing stock TB and spacers (they come as package)...

people who are going all out with custom manifold and intake choose 60mm TB..

i chose polishing and spacer because..i just felt like it 😂😂😂

Old 07-26-2016, 11:52 PM   #12
alias06

Quote:
converting to E85 on stock piston with my current mods won't gain anything? ..LOL 😂😂😂😂😂 you joking right..?
only converting to E85 doesnt do anything..they actually have E85 conversion just to change the fuel module with E85 plugs for stock injectors but changing to larger injector and slight timing advance on ecu do gain hp..
E85 tuning isnt same mod as putting on cold air intake and gaining 5hp with sound effects..lol 😂😂😂

I don't think you understand the concept behind E85. E85 produces less heat when burned, so therefore you need more fuel to make up for the loss of power, that is why you need injectors. With more fuel you need more air flow, which you don't have, a TB spacer and polished TB isn't increasing air flow, its reducing friction losses. Advancing timing to compensate for the power that was lost due to the switch of fueling doesn't necessarily mean that you are making more power. Unless you have dyno results to prove otherwise? An overlay of the stock setup and the current setup that you have. If you are producing more than 15WHP I'd be greatly surprised.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:33 AM   #13
rabbito

Quote:
I don't think you understand the concept behind E85. E85 produces less heat when burned, so therefore you need more fuel to make up for the loss of power, that is why you need injectors. With more fuel you need more air flow, which you don't have, a TB spacer and polished TB isn't increasing air flow, its reducing friction losses. Advancing timing to compensate for the power that was lost due to the switch of fueling doesn't necessarily mean that you are making more power. Unless you have dyno results to prove otherwise? An overlay of the stock setup and the current setup that you have. If you are producing more than 15WHP I'd be greatly surprised.
https://youtu.be/eiSbVvi0pDg
here is video of only E85 + timing advance only with dyno...lol...15hp? rofl..
keyboard racer these days, write like they actually have the mods in their yarus..😂😂😂😂😂

goto youtube and search "vios e85" or "yaris e85"..most of the videos will have standard e85 + timing advance tuning(basic)..

Old 07-28-2016, 12:38 AM   #14
alias06

Quote:
https://youtu.be/eiSbVvi0pDg
here is video of only E85 + timing advance only with dyno...lol...15hp? rofl..
keyboard racer these days, write like they actually have the mods in their yarus..😂😂😂😂😂

goto youtube and search "vios e85" or "yaris e85"..most of the videos will have standard e85 + timing advance tuning(basic)..

Is that a video of your car being tested? It's in Thai and I don't understand what they are saying, I guess I'd have to take your word for it saying that it is stock. Still 23hp measured at the hubs isn't power measured to the ground so you'll still have a higher reading, I wasn't far off from my 15hp guess. If you are looking for a fast car, the Yaris isn't it end of story.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:52 AM   #15
rabbito

Quote:
Is that a video of your car being tested? It's in Thai and I don't understand what they are saying, I guess I'd have to take your word for it saying that it is stock. Still 23hp measured at the hubs isn't power measured to the ground so you'll still have a higher reading, I wasn't far off from my 15hp guess. If you are looking for a fast car, the Yaris isn't it end of story.
its called fast forward through the video and look at the dyno charts...yeah 23hp from stock...rofl
put some photos of your car..bet you got some turbo whistler on your exhaust 😂😂😂😂

Last edited by rabbito; 07-28-2016 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:02 AM   #16
alias06

Quote:
its called fast forward through the video and look at the dyno charts...yeah 23hp from stock...rofl
put some photos of your car..bet you got some turbo whistler on your exhaust 😂😂😂😂

I saw the dyno charts that is why I said 23hp measured at the hubs. Stock didn't come with a turbo, but that car appears to have a boost gauge??? Lol
Old 07-28-2016, 07:20 AM   #17
rabbito

Quote:
I saw the dyno charts that is why I said 23hp measured at the hubs. Stock didn't come with a turbo, but that car appears to have a boost gauge??? Lol
sigh.....put some photos of your car man, stop being a keyboard racer..😂😂😂😂

Old 07-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #18
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
No offence to the OP, but what are you comparing your car to, in order to reach the conclusion that it's "slow af"? It's important to keep things real, and compare apples to apples. If you try to compare your Yaris to a BMW or Audi, then you'll definitly be dissapointed.