Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Drives: 2010 Corolla S
First Wax Job Completed!

I just finished washing and waxing that little Yaris of mine. This was the first time that it was waxed, since I just took delivery this past Monday, April 13th. I took today as a vacation day, since the weather forecast was favorable for outdoor work, and I have lots of vacation days to take. I wanted to get some wax on that Yaris as soon as possible to protect against bug guts.

I used Meguiar's NXT paste. It seems to have done a good job, but time will tell if it stays on very long. I should be able to get the bug guts off the bumper much easier now.

People always post pictures of their fresh wax jobs, but I'm not sure if you can tell from a picture the difference between a clean car with a fresh wax job and a clean car with no wax on it at all. OK, for whatever it's worth, here a couple pics of my Yaris with her fresh coat of wax.

Tom

Last edited by YarisOwnersDad; 04-17-2009 at 03:41 PM.
YarisOwnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Looks super clean! Reminds me of when I waxed mine for the first time...
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
Looks nice! I've used many different waxes, and I've found NXT to be pretty good. It has a nice shine, but doesn't last a long time. So far the longest lasting wax I've used is (believe it or not) Turtle wax.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Thanks, guys.

Man, oh man, I have had white vehicles for so long that I forgot how hot it gets inside dark colored cars in warm weather. When I got in the Yaris to move it to its usual parking place, it had been sitting in the sun for about two hours or so. It is only 70°F here today, but was it ever HOT inside that little car!

Tom
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Lookin good - can even see the metal flake in the paint! A good sunshade will do wonders to lower the heat as I think most of it comes from radiating through the windshield - not that dark cars don't heat up more - just that I found the same in my Bayou Blue until I put a sunshade in the windsheild. It cut down the heat quite a bit.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
orangepeels

Drives: 2008 3 door LB
Looks good...glad to see other people here appreciate the yaris and treat them to fresh coats of wax =D
orangepeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #8
evil genius

Drives: 09 Yaris S 3dr
Looks good.
evil genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Well, I had a clean car for ONE day, at least.

I spent a good part of the day Friday washing and waxing my car, and I made one short trip in it Saturday while it was all nice and shiny. Today it is raining.

Oh, well, I'm sure we needed the rain.

Tomster
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Well, aren't you glad you put on a good coat of wax, then?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #11
jbracefan1977

Drives: 2007, Meteorite
jbracefan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
JetfireK

Drives: 2008 3 Dr Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisOwnersDad View Post
I just finished washing and waxing that little Yaris of mine. This was the first time that it was waxed, since I just took delivery this past Monday, April 13th. I took today as a vacation day, since the weather forecast was favorable for outdoor work, and I have lots of vacation days to take. I wanted to get some wax on that Yaris as soon as possible to protect against bug guts.

I used Meguiar's NXT paste. It seems to have done a good job, but time will tell if it stays on very long. I should be able to get the bug guts off the bumper much easier now.

People always post pictures of their fresh wax jobs, but I'm not sure if you can tell from a picture the difference between a clean car with a fresh wax job and a clean car with no wax on it at all. OK, for whatever it's worth, here a couple pics of my Yaris with her fresh coat of wax.

Tom

Beautiful...I too used Maguries Next Generation wax and our Ford Fusion came out to the point of people stopping us complimenting the beautful red. My Yaris is Metorite Metallic and while NXT Generation did an excellent job ..this color just doesn't have the depth of darker colors...If anyone knows a better wax sure would like to know the name of it...
JetfireK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
JetfireK

Drives: 2008 3 Dr Liftback
oh and I forgot to tell you....Spray your auto with WD40 and the bugs will come off...It will not harm the paint....Good Luck
JetfireK is offline   Reply With Quote