Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Someone tried to break into my car....again. Pics

So, for the second time in less than 4 months, someone attempted to break into my car. I say attempt, because last time I stupidly left the hatch unlocked and they got in that way...my fault. This time, however, I keep everything locked down. So, they tried to get in by prying the passenger-side door open. A-holes. They didn't get in, but they caused a bit of damage. The picture doesn't so it well, but the bigger area where they used for leverage is dented pretty well and there is metal showing. There are scratches all down the inside door frame and on the corner of the door. I hate people. I'm going to get estimates this week. I have a 500 dollar deductible...so I'll see what it will cost to fix, first. There's a Lexus SUV and a Mazda6 in the same parking lot. Nobody elses cars ever get touched. I leave NOTHING out and have a stock stereo. WTF?

Cheers and Happy Easter.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
So, for the second time in less than 4 months, someone attempted to break into my car. I say attempt, because last time I stupidly left the hatch unlocked and they got in that way...my fault. This time, however, I keep everything locked down. So, they tried to get in by prying the passenger-side door open. A-holes. They didn't get in, but they caused a bit of damage. The picture doesn't so it well, but the bigger area where they used for leverage is dented pretty well and there is metal showing. There are scratches all down the inside door frame and on the corner of the door. I hate people. I'm going to get estimates this week. I have a 500 dollar deductible...so I'll see what it will cost to fix, first. There's a Lexus SUV and a Mazda6 in the same parking lot. Nobody elses cars ever get touched. I leave NOTHING out and have a stock stereo. WTF?

Cheers and Happy Easter.
Happy Easter to you, and sorry to hear about those A-holes.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
Giobatera

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I'm sorry for what happen. I also would be very mad if it was my "White Lady". Do you have any kind of alarm system installed? With the economy the way it is now, we can't take any chances. People are getting desperate. I've recently installed a great alarm. It basically tells you even if some one gets too close to your car. Little expensive, but, definitely worth! The name is Viper 5901. You should check it out. I hope everything works out fine! Happy Easter!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giobatera View Post
I'm sorry for what happen. I also would be very mad if it was my "White Lady". Do you have any kind of alarm system installed? With the economy the way it is now, we can't take any chances. People are getting desperate. I've recently installed a great alarm. It basically tells you even if some one gets too close to your car. Little expensive, but, definitely worth! The name is Viper 5901. You should check it out. I hope everything works out fine! Happy Easter!
can it be used on a car without auto locks?

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 04-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Giobatera

Drives: Yaris Sedan
It would work. You just wouldn't have the open/close feature. You can find out more about the alarm at www.viper.com Just don't buy it from them. I bought mine from Ebay for less then $300.00
Old 04-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giobatera View Post
It would work. You just wouldn't have the open/close feature. You can find out more about the alarm at www.viper.com Just don't buy it from them. I bought mine from Ebay for less then $300.00
Thanks for the information.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 04-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Thanks for the information.
Hi Lisa , sad to here about your car , if you do get an alarm , you
can have auto locks fitted at the same time , for a little extra .
usely under $100.00, but it doesn't hurt to ask first.
Best of luck and happy easter.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
So, for the second time in less than 4 months, someone attempted to break into my car.

<snip-de-dip>

WTF?

Cheers and Happy Easter.
Lisa, that inhales big-time. I guess these little things are just so good at holding value that they are beginning to be worth stealing. Shame you can't set it up to electrocute anyone who touches it.....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Lisa, that inhales big-time. I guess these little things are just so good at holding value that they are beginning to be worth stealing. Shame you can't set it up to electrocute anyone who touches it.....
wouldn't that be sweet.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 04-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
aww, im sorry, that sucks
Old 04-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
I wonder if it's the same jerks since it happened at the same place? Sorry to hear about it. That's the last thing anyone needs is a**holes messing up the car for nothing.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #12
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

If it's the same ones as last time, they know there isn't anything worth stealing besides the stuff animals that I have sitting in those two pockets on either side of the climate control pillar. That's all they found to take last time. I feel like I'm being targeted. Nobody else is getting their cars broken into. :(

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 04-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Sorry to hear that! I can see the damage on the picture!! A...holes broke into my old car so many times, broke the lock, and everything I know how you feel.

I had a car alarm installed at the dealership when I bought my 2007 Yaris. They installed keyless entry on the driver's side with the alarm. It's an aftermarket part called KS-2040, by Karr Security Systems. You can set it up so it locks and alarms goes on automatically when you exit the car, or you can do it yourself manually with a little remote.

Shop around, though, I'm pretty sure I got ripped off having it done at the dealership. But around here, where I live, they'll break the window if they see a quarter on the floor, so I wanted it done right away.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Sorry to hear that! I can see the damage on the picture!! A...holes broke into my old car so many times, broke the lock, and everything I know how you feel.

I had a car alarm installed at the dealership when I bought my 2007 Yaris. They installed keyless entry on the driver's side with the alarm. It's an aftermarket part called KS-2040, by Karr Security Systems. You can set it up so it locks and alarms goes on automatically when you exit the car, or you can do it yourself manually with a little remote.

Shop around, though, I'm pretty sure I got ripped off having it done at the dealership. But around here, where I live, they'll break the window if they see a quarter on the floor, so I wanted it done right away.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info!!

I am definitely looking into SOMETHING.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 04-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
I'm sorry to hear that. People are so stupid.

May I offer a solution?:

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #16
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
If you buy the alarm system Ill install it for free, lol

well...if both of us feel like road trips haha
Old 04-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #17
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Thanks for the info!!

I am definitely looking into SOMETHING.
People will tell you that alarms go off all the time and nobody pays attention anymore, but I don't know, I feel it's worth it. Alarms may not deter a professional thief but it will deter some and people usually look when an alarm goes off in a parking lot. I think it's worth the money. I've seen more broken windows in the last couple of months, than I've ever seen before. This economy is not helping any.

Hope your insurance covers some of the repairs.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #18
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Does'nt look worth taking to a bodyshop for such small damage. I'd invest in a bottle of touchup myself.
I had some D!ck steal my SONY MiniDisc deck from my '93 Saturn years ago.
They twisted the lock cylinder with a real big screwdriver to get in. I had to completly disassemble the whole lock cylinder and bend everything back into shape bit by bit.
I think I knew who did it too!

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote