Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Glazier

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007, 1400 Diesel
New on the forum :)

Hope i'm putting this threat on right place.. if not then admin can maybe move it?

Hi, my name is Jokull (Translates to Glacier in english) and I'm from Iceland.. I just bougt a Toyota Yaris 2007, 1400 Diesel.

I really like cars and just sold my old BMW: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jokull9...57632802819096

The reason for selling the BMW was because all parts for it is really expensive and it uses more than 2x more fuel than the Yaris..

So I bought the yaris because I want to save money and later buy a bigger BMW.. but because I really like cars and love to drive them I want to have them good looking and some good sound system.
My first week on the yaris I bought new 17" (7,5" wide) and complete new sport tyres (205/40 R17) for the look and more tracktion control.. I also tinted the window with films that allows 15% of the brightness (very dark) to go through, it's illegal in Iceland to have window tint in the front window but i'll see how long it will last before the police says something.. if I put window tint in the front window on the BMW they stopped me 2 days later.. now it's been 20 days without a problem (police in Iceland hates black BMW).
I also bought 4x 300W speakers and put a bass box in the boot.. with 2x 400W bass speakers, when I did that I also mixed a jack plug for the phone to the original cd player in the car.

I have a lot of plans for the car, but I want to keep it clean and simple, Xenon lights and fog lights are on it's way and maybe next summer lower the car just a little bit and put on the original front lip.

Here is a picture of it

Toyota Yaris 2007 Diesel by H. Jökull, on Flickr

Toyota Yaris 2007 Diesel by H. Jökull, on Flickr

(Sorry for my bad english, hope you understood me)
Old 10-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
Nice looking car and welcome. Youll find yourself liking a toyota much more then a bimmer on several different levels.

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Welcome to the forums, Glazier! I'm sure the Yaris will keep you entertained for a long time to come.

I also have an 07 with tinted windows all around. Consider getting a letter from your local eye doctor stating that he believes window tint helps you see things more clearly and prevent glare. Get that thing laminated and stick it in the glovebox. It's helped me once or twice, at least...

BTW, consider adding yourself to the map sometime. It would be cool to have some Icelandic representation going on: http://www.communitywalk.com/yarisworld
Old 10-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
Ryze268

Drives: 2002 JDM Vitz 1.3
She's beautiful

Follow me on Instagram:

instagram.com/itzkingjustin
Ryze268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
Glazier

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007, 1400 Diesel
Thx guys.. just got me new fog lights installed last weekend with 6000K xenon and already ordered 6000K xenon for the main lights..

It's not that easy to put in some fog lights, actually I had to lift up the car and take a lot of plastic shit away to get some work space under the car.. and now when i've put it all together again I found out that the fog lights are lighting straight into the eyes of the people who is meeting me on the road so I have to take away all the shitti plastic stuff again and lower the light beam..