Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
MtBeaconGrl

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Wink WTB: Part no. 55405-52640 (sedan dash bezel) -- used or cheap please...

Hello all!

I'm not afraid to a admit that I am cheap. I am looking for part # 55405-52640 sedan dash bezel. Anyone know where I can find this for less than $50? There just isn't enough plastic in the part to justify more. I've tried online and eBay... forget Toyota. I have a great oem Pioneer stereo from my last car that I want to put into this car but I have trouble spending nearly as much on the installation hardware as it cost to get the stereo. I am a DIY installer, I have looked over the diagrams and it looks like a pretty straight forward take apart and reassembly, is that the case? Any tricky steps I need to know about?t?
MtBeaconGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Is this the one you are looking for, I got mine at a Toyota stealer for $89

D.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBeaconGrl View Post
Hello all!

I'm not afraid to a admit that I am cheap.
The way you say that makes it sound like you do something wrong...

Unfortunately our President is not afraid to take and spend all our money in an irresponsible manner......
Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
MtBeaconGrl

Yes that is the one that I am looking for. Really don't feel that it is worth what toyota wants for it... I bought my nephew a toy from tonka that had a lot more plastic, more color options and it makes noise for $20 I just don't see how they justify almost $100 for that!

I'll keep searching... and coming up empty.

In the mean time I am going to try a pic and pull site this weekend.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Pick and pull may be your cheapest bet. I'll do some searching.

Idea: On ebay they have them Pull n Pay places .... I'd try to pm one of them...I know they have a crapload of Yaris Engines they pull from wrecked cars...Maybe if you sweet talked them enough they'd Rip out that Bezel...Found this place on ebay...They're selling the Radio...but send them pics and part number...hell maybe you'll luck out Link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-YAR...item1c11986085

11 bucks over....and barely cranked up Google

Sure they'll rip you on shipping...but can still try to bring Toyota down a bit.

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/t...405-52640.html

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3

Last edited by _S7V7N_; 04-23-2013 at 12:59 AM.
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
liseky
Stoplight ahead!

Drives: 2007 Flinty Yaris Sedan
I bought mine on Toyota Parts Zone for $72.47 total in May 2012. This included $12.01 in shipping. I would have waited for eBay or something but got impatient.
liseky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
MtBeaconGrl

So after a year + of searching for what I consider a reasonable priced bezel (online, craigslist, junk yards). I finally broke down and went to the dealer for the part. The parts guy was willing to beat (by a few cents @ $59.99) the ToyotaPartZone price. I was able to get the part for about $64.00 with tax. At that price the parts guy claims that the dealership only makes about $8.

Figured I'd pass along the tip. I picked up the parts today and installed that baby this evening! I'm very happy... installation was so easy I was afraid I did something wrong.

I <3 my Yaris!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Why does it cost $100? Because there's hundreds of thousands of dollars that go into designing, developing, testing and proving that it passes the OEM specifications for color fade, durability, heat/cold/humidity, scratch resistance, etc. It's a cosmetic part, so there's more scrutiny that goes into making and shipping it. It's also large enough to need an injection mold machine the size of a few minivans end to end. I'm pretty sure the Tonka truck would fall short on each and every one of those tests. (source: I work in an automotive manufacturing product test lab) =)

All of that said, I'm glad you were able to get a good price on it.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
So after a year + of searching for what I consider a reasonable priced bezel (online, craigslist, junk yards). I finally broke down and went to the dealer for the part. The parts guy was willing to beat (by a few cents @ $59.99) the ToyotaPartZone price. I was able to get the part for about $64.00 with tax. At that price the parts guy claims that the dealership only makes about $8.

Figured I'd pass along the tip. I picked up the parts today and installed that baby this evening! I'm very happy... installation was so easy I was afraid I did something wrong.

I <3 my Yaris!
Good!

D.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #10
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
It's also large enough to need an injection mold machine the size of a few minivans end to end. I'm pretty sure the Tonka truck would fall short on each and every one of those tests. (source: I work in an automotive manufacturing product test lab)
If the molds are clearly the most expensive part of the process, then why not sell the plastic parts at as low a price as possible so as to (a) move more product and hence justify having invested in said molds to begin with, and (b) prevent lower-quality copies from being made with their brand name on it, which earns them exactly $0 dollars?

Car makers shouldn't really care whether they make a profit on replacement parts. They should worry about having happy costumers driving around in cars that look great even after years of (ab)use. If a few cheap plastic parts do the trick, then IMHO they should basically be giving those parts away.

Sorry for being slightly .
Old 12-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #11
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I don't know of any company that will ever make anything that they don't profit on. I used to work for an engineering firm that made auto plants. Those plants are all about cutting every single cost they can possibly cut to maximize profits.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #12
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Just imagine constantly hearing about how Toyota sells their replacement parts almost at cost. The publicity alone would pay for the molds and then some.
I'm not talking about charity. I'm just saying that one can keep customers happy while still looking out for #1.

Last edited by tk-421; 01-03-2014 at 06:45 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Why in the world did they design an integrated radio for the US market anyways?
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #14
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:

I <3 my Yaris!
Not to steal your thunder here, but if you take a look at how long you went without it was it really worth not paying the price then?

This is something that you always need to weigh at any rate...how much true cost of ownership is.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bezel, stereo