Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #19
2manywheels

Drives: 09 YarHB
I am looking at the same.. Just spoke with the dealership where I purchased.
They indicated if they installed there is no warranty issue. Not sure if it is the same as in the USA. They said 3 hours to install Shocks/Struts/springs and sway bar. They would also check alignment at the same time.

Now.. I will NOT be purchasing the TRD parts through the dealership!! OUCH.. just the struts and shocks.. $1150 CDN.. NOT!
2manywheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #20
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
They should be willing to price match Sparks, or at least come close. Let them know you have no problem driving to another dealer if they can't be competitive. The labor rate is not really negotiable, but it sounds like they are being reasonable there. Seriously, you wouldn't pay more for a car just because its at a dealer closer to your house, would you? Tell them you want to do business, but you know their cost and what other Toyota dealers are charging. Same thing as getting dealer invoice prices from a car buying service.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #21
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
They should be willing to price match Sparks, or at least come close. Let them know you have no problem driving to another dealer if they can't be competitive. The labor rate is not really negotiable, but it sounds like they are being reasonable there. Seriously, you wouldn't pay more for a car just because its at a dealer closer to your house, would you? Tell them you want to do business, but you know their cost and what other Toyota dealers are charging. Same thing as getting dealer invoice prices from a car buying service.
also if they know you might be doing more business with them in the future with more upgrades, to more things, they can negotiate a little with the labor time. not so much the labor rate like ozmdd was saying. but they do have different labor rates too, depending on the install but i think the accessory rate is the lowest they got. they will work with you though if they know you are gonna try to keep your business with them. my dealership told me they would install my supercharger at an accessory rate even though it doesn't fall under that because i've already had them do a costly clutch and flywheel replacement.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #22
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Seriously, you wouldn't pay more for a car just because its at a dealer closer to your house, would you?
omm, yes?
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote