Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #19
Reddog99

Drives: '08 Yaris
For the next time you need to transport your kitty, buy a cat carrier and put a towel inside. They make cardboard carriers that shouldn't be too expensive.

Can you post a photo of the offender so we can admire it?
Reddog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #20
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
well going back to school. I think what you are smelling is the ammonia smell in the urine. You could try a mixture of oxyclean and water and spray and scrub it. Its got stuff that will neutrilize it. Since its more of a base. it should do the trick. Then take a wet dry vac and suck out the water. And then let the seat air dry for a few days. Its very simple to take the seat out only 4 bolts
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #21
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorytheYaris View Post
I thought the seat had all kinds of wiring because of the airbag and weight sensors though?

...sorry I am a chick and I really have no idea how car wiring works.
If the seat is removed and the car is powered on while the seat is absent, you will log a bunch of codes in the SRS system (and the SRS light will stay lit). The codes can fairly easily be reset by following a procedure that involves connecting and disconnecting a jumper a bunch of times. If you are going to remove the seat It is a easier to disconnect the battery first (and leaving it disconnected until the seat is back in) to avoid having to deal with resetting the SRS. And, yes there are a few cables that have to be disconnected to remove it.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #22
DorytheYaris
aka Eleni

Drives: 10 Yaris LB Auto- Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
If the seat is removed and the car is powered on while the seat is absent, you will log a bunch of codes in the SRS system (and the SRS light will stay lit). The codes can fairly easily be reset by following a procedure that involves connecting and disconnecting a jumper a bunch of times. If you are going to remove the seat It is a easier to disconnect the battery first (and leaving it disconnected until the seat is back in) to avoid having to deal with resetting the SRS. And, yes there are a few cables that have to be disconnected to remove it.
Okay. If I decide to take the entire seat out I will definitely have to refer back to your instructions. I wish there were a simple solution (but there never is!)...
DorytheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #23
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
Good luck.
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #24
chriswb

Drives: 09 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
I have a pet carrier, the guy I adopted her from said SHE WILL NOT get in the carrier. I was going to force her in there myself anyway, but I was taking her home, so I didn't want him to think I was gonna try and be an asshole with her before I even got her out the door, lol.
For future reference we used to have an open-top pet carrier that was basically a giant foam cushion with walls on all sides so that the pet stayed in there. It was washable so if there were any spills on the road (and there were quite a few) it wasn't a problem. It's a nicer solution for pets that don't like being shut in a little plastic box.
chriswb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #25
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Yanno, I don't think anyone asked this...

How's kitty adjusting? She doing well in your home?

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #26
DevilGirl

Quote:
Haha, no one asked because they're all men and most men hate kitties Hehe.

She is doing very well! She didn't come out from underneath the bed for a good 5 days. I have a Puggle and she really hates him, but she is warming up. It's a process, I'll tell you that. I never owned a cat but I know a lot about them. I wish I got one sooner. She is great.
That's how my cat was when I first got her. Though in my case, it was just her and some fish in a tank. No dog to annoy her or chase her. I got her on a Sunday (Mother's Day actually), and I really didn't see much of her until around Wednesday I think. And by the end of that week, she had already cost me around $300 due to her getting sick (she came from a foster home with lots of other kitties, to an apt with just her, which had been steam cleaned just prior to moving in).

Now, she can't stop bothering me when I'm home! I swear she's part dog! She insists upon being in whatever room I'm in, constantly getting underfoot (I couldn't tell you how many times she's been kicked or stepped on cause I didn't see her), and will not let me just sit on my couch by myself. She has to be either on my lap or right next to me getting kanoched and cuddled and petted. Actually, I'm not sure which is worse, my cat or my boyfriend..........

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #27
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:

She is doing very well! She didn't come out from underneath the bed for a good 5 days. I have a Puggle and she really hates him, but she is warming up. It's a process, I'll tell you that. I never owned a cat but I know a lot about them. I wish I got one sooner. She is great.
That's normal. Cats don't much like to be relocated but after a while, they adapt.

I kept a cat for a few months for a friend of mine and moving the cat was a big deal (she didn't pee on my seat but she scratched the hell outof us when we put her in her pet carrier) but after a few days at my place she adapted, eventually resumed her normal cat life (going up on the roof, bringing back birds at doorstep in the morning from time to time - which I could really have done without, but what can you do, a cat is a cat). She also knew when I was coming back from work, came right back when she heard my car.

When I had to give her back to the friend, as agreed, she again hated being moved, again acted moody for a few days, but eventually settled.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #28
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Haha, no one asked because they're all men and most men hate kitties Hehe.

puggle FTW, pee pee cat go bye bye lol
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #29
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
...pee pee cat go bye bye...

+1
Old 08-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #30
Reddog99

Drives: '08 Yaris
The trick to getting a cat into a carrier is to leave it lying about so that the cat gets used to seeing it. They will even go inside by themselves to explore after a while. That way they won't get alarmed when you put them inside (until you close the door ).

Amity looks like a sweetie.
Reddog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #31
08YarisAZ

Drives: 08 Red Yaris LB
I've ordered a product called Auto Vaccine that is Chlorine Dioxide. It is a powder that comes in a cup that you add water to, and it produces a chlorine type gas that permeates all of the porous surfaces inside the car and eliminates all bacteria, mold, and mildew. Most smells come from the waste of those three things. I have not received it yet, but I will this weekend. Once you set it off, you have to leave the car alone for up to 12 hours. You cannot get in it while the product is working, as it causes respiratory damage. After the product has finished, you simply roll down the windows and air it out for several minutes. Then it is ok to drive. It is enviromentally friendly and approved by the EPA. Look it up using Google and come to your own conclusions. I am trying to elimate a moldy musty smell that started when I left a window down in a rain storm. I will get back and tell you how it went.
08YarisAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #32
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Yeah, Amity is a pretty kitty!
I love cats! We have 4.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #33
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
We have 4.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #34
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Lucky. My fiance hates cats. If it were up to me I'd have 10 and be the crazy cat lady.
You know what you should do?? take it for a spin and roll ur window down and toss the cat out the window LOL I hate cats to
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #35
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Lucky. My fiance hates cats. If it were up to me I'd have 10 and be the crazy cat lady.
Ok, now that's too many cats!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #36
DevilGirl

Quote:
I'll take the one cat that I have, and have the rest of your 10 animals be dogs... We have a weimaraner now, but I'd like to add more to the "pack".