Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Your Paranormal Experiences- SHARE THEM!

Ok, I searched to see of there was a topic out there like this before and I didn't see one, nor do I remember one being around before the hack. I also know I'm about a month late on this topic also, but after watching Paranormal Actvity a couple weeks ago the paranormal bug has hit me again. So please post up your experiences.

Here is one of mine

About a year and a half ago I was leaving for work at about 11pm, I'm one of those crazy people that work third shift and I was walking out to my car. My backyard has a fence around it and the driveway is on the outside of the fence, so I had to open the gate to get to my car, as I was shutting the gate I began to get a creepy feeling that I was being watched. So I try to shrug it off and not pay attention to it, as I walked towards my car the feeling wasn't going away and I was starting to get a little creeped out by it. I got in my car and started it up, even when the radio kicked in I still couldn't shake the creepy feeling. So I turned on my headlights and since my driveway is also on an alley I had to backout from my parking space. I looked to the right to make sure nobody was coming down the alley, and then I looked to my left and I just stopped. I could see a tall dark shape standing behind my mom's van. All of a sudden a wave of pure dread just washed over me, I've never had that feeling before and that is the best way to describe it. As I focused on it more I noticed that it seemed to be coming closer to me. I couldn't move from the fear, I was finally able to put the car in reverse annd as I backed out I tried to swing my headlights over to where this thing was standing. When I stopped to change gears I looked for the figure, but I didn't see it. I then felt another rush of terror, that was worse than the first one, come over me. I put the car in drive and spun tires as I left the alley without looking back. When I came home that morning I walked over to where I had seen the figure at and I did not get that feeling again. I've walked through that same spot numerous times since then and I have never felt that same feeling of terror ever since, nor have I seen the creepy tall figure.

I hope some others post up their stuff too
Old 11-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
It may not have been paranormal. There may have been someone out there. Have you had other or similar experiences?
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
It may not have been paranormal. There may have been someone out there.
+1

and depending on what their intentions were, your whole body may send you signals (terror, etc). This rush of adrenaline is what keeps us alive in the face of danger.

IMO our "intuition" is never wrong, if your whole body tells you something's wrong, then something's wrong (horror movies don't count lol)

But I'm with the poster above, maybe it really was someone or the shadow of someone.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Paranormal experiences are one thing, that was another. You had a bad guy hanging out in your driveway.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
I've never looked at that possibility, but I don't believe that it was someone creeping around the house because the figure was taller than my mom's van. Yes I have had other paranormal stuff happen around me, especially up at my work place. I've tried to find logical explanations for the stuff at work and I have yet to find anything that fits or fully explains it

First a little background on my workplace. I work/ worked as security for a hospital. I say worked because the company I work for is laying off it's workers in a week. Along with providing normal security we also had to patrol the entire grounds, even the closed off part of the building. Basically this building is the old hospital and was closed when they built the new wing.

One of the experiences I can't explain is one time I was helping one of the staff look for some equipment that was believed to have been moved onto a floor in that building for storage. When we went up to the floor that this equipment was thought to be on we started searching hallway by hallway. By the time we were done with the first two hallways I could tell that the staff member was creeped out. When we started looking through the last hallway I pushed open the door to one of the rooms and found one of the old wall-mounted flashlights in one of the rooms, I picked it up to see if it would still work, it did so we used that to search the rest of hallway. It took us about two minutes to finish the search and when I went back to the room I realized the door was shut and I didn't remember shutting it. This door doesn't have a lock or a handle, so to open it all you have to do is push it open. So I pushed the door and it wouldn't open, I tried again and it still wouldn't budge. The staff person looks at me like I'm joking and I said I would try it again. I pushed on the door with my body and it felt like someone was on the other side of the door, blocking it. I tried it again and the door finally popped open, there wasn't anybody in the room and I started to get freaked out and I threw the flashlight back on the charger and we both left the floor quickly.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Okay, no more pcp for you.

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #7
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Did you see the movie, "Paranormal Activity." You should. It is scary.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
I was at a mall once where a psychic fair was taking place. I walked up to the booth and a lady asked what my name was. I said "You tell me, your the f#%**^% psychic".
Old 12-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #9
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
Did you see the movie, "Paranormal Activity." You should. It is scary.
really? IMO, concept was scary, not the movie to me~
But if that was happening to me....shit, I'd never have the "function" to sleep ever again...

Lol at nemelek.....good one
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
really? IMO, concept was scary, not the movie to me~
But if that was happening to me....shit, I'd never have the "function" to sleep ever again...
Check this out. You can also google, demonic possession.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58835
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranor...ity_%28film%29

Last edited by yaris-me; 12-20-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Gee, which time? The clearest one for me was years ago: a friend had moved to Germany, and some months later I spent a weekend knowing that she was in trouble. I couldn't sleep, couldn't do anything for more than 5 minutes at a time. I wrote to her, sent the letter Monday, expressing my fears and agitation. 3 weeks later, I get a return letter from her, explaining to me that she had a miscarriage, and nearly bled to death. It was exactly the same time period that she was on my mind... Is that paranormal? Sure was for me!

Quite a few times I have been conscious of a friend's passing, and learned about it some time later.

Worst is the ones I don't catch: I had one guy come up to me at work and thank me for all my help on the job. Why didn't I see it? He committed suicide that weekend. Could I have prevented it? No one will ever know...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Gee, which time? The clearest one for me was years ago: a friend had moved to Germany, and some months later I spent a weekend knowing that she was in trouble. I couldn't sleep, couldn't do anything for more than 5 minutes at a time. I wrote to her, sent the letter Monday, expressing my fears and agitation. 3 weeks later, I get a return letter from her, explaining to me that she had a miscarriage, and nearly bled to death. It was exactly the same time period that she was on my mind... Is that paranormal? Sure was for me!

Quite a few times I have been conscious of a friend's passing, and learned about it some time later.

Worst is the ones I don't catch: I had one guy come up to me at work and thank me for all my help on the job. Why didn't I see it? He committed suicide that weekend. Could I have prevented it? No one will ever know...
It seems you have a 6th sense!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
slothman86

1:
My mother told me about when I was a little kid around 4. I woke up and told her a story about how I awoke in the middle of the night to get a drink of water. I said I saw grandma in the living room looking through my dad's tapes. I managed a drink of water and went back to bed.

It's weird because my grandma died when I was 3. I can sorta remember it too!

2:
When I was 15, I was really into making videos. Like fighting movies or filming sports. One day I was taping my brother, my cousins, and I playing baseball when this huge fire ball, the size of what the sun would look like, started tumbling across the sky. I started filming it. I lasted about 1 minute until it was obscured from view by my grandpa's barn. We ran around the barn to follow it's path. But it was gone.

So where's the video tape?

When I moved to California for the Marines in 2003. I packed all of my home videos in the same box. It was the ONLY box to turn up missing. Now the UFO video I shot is lost forever!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Smile

Bet you saw a bolide, a big bright meteor passing through the atmosphere.

Something like 35 years ago many people photographed one of those that skimmed through the atmosphere over the northern US & southern Canada, then went back out into space! A near miss by a small asteroid that "grazed" the Earth without actually hitting it.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #15
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthunder View Post
Ok, I searched to see of there was a topic out there like this before and I didn't see one, nor do I remember one being around before the hack. I also know I'm about a month late on this topic also, but after watching Paranormal Actvity a couple weeks ago the paranormal bug has hit me again. So please post up your experiences.

Here is one of mine

About a year and a half ago I was leaving for work at about 11pm, I'm one of those crazy people that work third shift and I was walking out to my car. My backyard has a fence around it and the driveway is on the outside of the fence, so I had to open the gate to get to my car, as I was shutting the gate I began to get a creepy feeling that I was being watched. So I try to shrug it off and not pay attention to it, as I walked towards my car the feeling wasn't going away and I was starting to get a little creeped out by it. I got in my car and started it up, even when the radio kicked in I still couldn't shake the creepy feeling. So I turned on my headlights and since my driveway is also on an alley I had to backout from my parking space. I looked to the right to make sure nobody was coming down the alley, and then I looked to my left and I just stopped. I could see a tall dark shape standing behind my mom's van. All of a sudden a wave of pure dread just washed over me, I've never had that feeling before and that is the best way to describe it. As I focused on it more I noticed that it seemed to be coming closer to me. I couldn't move from the fear, I was finally able to put the car in reverse annd as I backed out I tried to swing my headlights over to where this thing was standing. When I stopped to change gears I looked for the figure, but I didn't see it. I then felt another rush of terror, that was worse than the first one, come over me. I put the car in drive and spun tires as I left the alley without looking back. When I came home that morning I walked over to where I had seen the figure at and I did not get that feeling again. I've walked through that same spot numerous times since then and I have never felt that same feeling of terror ever since, nor have I seen the creepy tall figure.

I hope some others post up their stuff too
People sometimes get the feeling that they are being whatched and this is just a quality of the human brain.
Then, if one sees a "figure" at this time, the mind can (more often than not) start to play tricks and make you believe all sorts of things.

It has often been sad that coincidences happen all the time but, it is only the strange ones that we even notice and then, our imaginantions start to run wild.

What we perceive as reality is just a mixture of chemical and electrical inpulses and it is aways open to missteps and
interpetations.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #16
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

What we perceive as reality is subject to emotional bias, but facts are facts and science cannot disprove the paranormal.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #17
slothman86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
Bet you saw a bolide, a big bright meteor passing through the atmosphere.

Something like 35 years ago many people photographed one of those that skimmed through the atmosphere over the northern US & southern Canada, then went back out into space! A near miss by a small asteroid that "grazed" the Earth without actually hitting it.

maybe it was something like that but I'd have to say since I'm only 26 that it wasn't that particular one. It was on a straight trajectory tho!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Smile

They happen fairly regularly. Also, when the U.S. put satellites up to monitor for the flashes of atmospheric nuclear tests, they found a lot of false alarms, some of which initially caused diplomatic concerns. Eventually they realized they were seeing large meteors/small stony asteroids exploding in the upper atmosphere with energy levels on the order of A-bombs! These natural airbursts were long kept secret. I saw an article on them in an astronomy magazine in the early '90s, and noted that one had gone off right over Kingsport, Tennessee in the early '70s. I lived in nearby Johnson City and knew nothing of it. Many of those explosions went unnoticed because of cloud cover, people mistaking them for lightning, etc. A far larger similar event flattened a huge forest in Tunguska in 1908.