Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-07-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
yuiedie

Drives: '07 liftback
nintendo WEEEEEEEEE!

anyone preordered? i gotta get one for my girl, hopefully stores that are not doing preorders and selling on launch day i might have a chance at. you guys see the crap people are selling on ebay? $500 just for the fifty bucks preorder deposit (in the form of a receipt)!!!!!!!
yuiedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I was at Toys R Us with a friend the morning the preorders started, and the toy chain sold out of preorders nationwide in one minute. ONE MINUTE. It makes me want to hop on a soap box and rant about how stupid consoles are, but I'll refrain. People are insane.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
After having watch my friends pre-orders 360 be sold at nearly 2X the retail price from EB games I would never consider pre-ordering any game or console.
He waited in line for 2 hours before the store oppened up and by the time he got to the counter they were sold out. he asked about his preodered and the only excuse they could give him was there must have been others a head of him with fasle pre-orders or pre-orders from other stores.

We talked to a few other people that paid $800 and $900 and had no orders.
YOU GOT IT ! the dillwads at EBgames sold the pre-ordered units for extra cash....
He fianlly got his first faulty unit 2 weeks later for 10% off. After his second referbished unit from microsoft he finally got a NEW unit and so far no problems.

I'll wait a year and buy a PS3 when the prices drop.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Huh? XBox 360? PS3? But I haven't finished Vice City yet!

~YR
Old 11-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WYarisRS
After having watch my friends pre-orders 360 be sold at nearly 2X the retail price from EB games I would never consider pre-ordering any game or console.
He waited in line for 2 hours before the store oppened up and by the time he got to the counter they were sold out. he asked about his preodered and the only excuse they could give him was there must have been others a head of him with fasle pre-orders or pre-orders from other stores.

We talked to a few other people that paid $800 and $900 and had no orders.
YOU GOT IT ! the dillwads at EBgames sold the pre-ordered units for extra cash....
He fianlly got his first faulty unit 2 weeks later for 10% off. After his second referbished unit from microsoft he finally got a NEW unit and so far no problems.

I'll wait a year and buy a PS3 when the prices drop.
The difference is that last year they gave out unlimited pre-orders at most stores for the xbox360 - which they didn't have enough to fill. This year, gamestop/eb games have specific store allotments, so pre-orders will be filled. i'm getting my wii on the 19th! i'm gonna go to sears the morning the ps3 comes out to see if they have one to hawk on ebay.

oh and to the post about wiis and ps3s on ebay. the receipts are on there because ebay made strict guidelines this year (Because people were getting scammed with the shortages of 360s). the auctions are for the systems, not just the receipts of the preorder. the receipts are required in the auction as proof the seller is actually getting a system. only 1 system may be sold per seller, and the seller must have 50 positive feedbacks. also ebay stated you could not list either system as buy it now, to avoid artificial price inflations (only true auctions so the demand sets the price).
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
I was at Toys R Us with a friend the morning the preorders started, and the toy chain sold out of preorders nationwide in one minute. ONE MINUTE. It makes me want to hop on a soap box and rant about how stupid consoles are, but I'll refrain. People are insane.
listen, if cartman cant wait for the wee the either can I, I mean frankly cartman doesnt lie.

but really, I have a ton of console's... none of which I play, but the wii seeing how its all motion controlled and what not; will probally mean if I buy one i will use it for about a month before it sits unused next to the rest... oh well I'm an american and if I dont spend my $$ on worthless crap then what else and I suppose to do with it??... then again I should be getting my crappy work bonus about the same time

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #7
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
I know my co-worker is excited about this...I told him to pre-order but he shrugged it off. I guess he's not in a hurry.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #8
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
i'm still trying to beat ninja gaiden and rygar for the NES. i cant even think about getting a wii until i beat those games...

...just like many of you, there are waaay too many systems hanging out under my tv (nes, genesis, ps1, ps2, n64, DC, atari 2600...)

sony and microsoft may have the graphics, but IMHO, nintendo has come out with the best "drink and stay-up all night" systems and games (mariokart, goldeneye, marioparties, etc...)

--B
Old 11-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
pxpaulx

Quote:
Originally Posted by static808
i'm still trying to beat ninja gaiden and rygar for the NES. i cant even think about getting a wii until i beat those games...

...just like many of you, there are waaay too many systems hanging out under my tv (nes, genesis, ps1, ps2, n64, DC, atari 2600...)

sony and microsoft may have the graphics, but IMHO, nintendo has come out with the best "drink and stay-up all night" systems and games (mariokart, goldeneye, marioparties, etc...)

--B
Good news! you'll soon be able to download ninja gaiden and rygar onto your wii for $5 a pop and then you can dump the NES!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #10
riceboy

Drives: icebox
I was thinking about picking up the wii and the ps3, but I'm only really starting to really enjoy my 360.... I don't mind waiting this time around.. especially with Sony's ridiculous release pricing........ I'm a little bit worried about the wii though.. just because the graphics aren't going to be there.. and although they do have some exclusive titles... I don't think it's going to be enough.. though the new controller they have is pretty cool... but who wants to deal with all that movement.. i'm just playing games..

oh and regular price for games?? who can afford anywhere from 50-70$ on one game.......
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:52 AM   #11
pxpaulx

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
I was thinking about picking up the wii and the ps3, but I'm only really starting to really enjoy my 360.... I don't mind waiting this time around.. especially with Sony's ridiculous release pricing........ I'm a little bit worried about the wii though.. just because the graphics aren't going to be there.. and although they do have some exclusive titles... I don't think it's going to be enough.. though the new controller they have is pretty cool... but who wants to deal with all that movement.. i'm just playing games..

oh and regular price for games?? who can afford anywhere from 50-70$ on one game.......
i wouldn't buy games, just like i dont buy movies - that often...thats what gamefly is for (home delivery like netflix, 2 games out at a time for $22 a month unlimited). I'm gonna go to sears the morning the PS3 comes out - because who thinks to go to sears? then i'm gonna sell it for double or more on ebay because they're gonna be short supplied and in demand. then that money will help me buy the new pentax k10d dSLR (key word - help! - unless i clear a grand, which may be possible).

waiting for Wii is like waiting for christmas.

X1000!!!!!!!!

oh and as far as graphics are concerned, i just don't care. i like fun games to play with my wife or by myself. as far as i'm concerned, the better graphics are getting, the deeper they go into the uncanny valley (google it if you don't know what that is).
Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #12
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Interesting but I guess it depends on the games that you play... I primarily play sport sims/racing sims.... and the occasional action/1st person shooter.. for me I love being able to dive into the realism....

In any case... we'll see how those ps3's and wii's go... but for now i'll just wait and see how crazy it will get.
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #13
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
SUPER SMASH BROS HERE I CUM!!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:43 AM   #14
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22
SUPER SMASH BROS HERE I CUM!!
Whoa there hasher! Aim that thing somewhere else!

I miss the old light bazooka thing for the Super Nintendo (what was that called?). Man, I never got tired of playing Metal Combat (not Mortal, Metal)...

BTW, the original Rygar kicks freakin' ASS! It was so strange!

~YR
Old 11-09-2006, 08:53 AM   #15
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

I get "tons" of besybuy gift cards.. and I was hoping to preorder through the site... but Bestbuys not doing pre-orders... looks like i'm gonna have to run to the store first thing or wait till after christmas to get one :-/

will work for parts
Old 11-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #16
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
If a pre-ordering a video game console is that important... does that mean you have no life?
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:41 AM   #17
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell
If a pre-ordering a video game console is that important... does that mean you have no life?
hahaha

to me the idea of pre-ordering means that I don't have to wait as long.

hell I got my yari the same week I decided i wanted one... why wait when you dont have to?

will work for parts
Old 11-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #18
pxpaulx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush
I get "tons" of besybuy gift cards.. and I was hoping to preorder through the site... but Bestbuys not doing pre-orders... looks like i'm gonna have to run to the store first thing or wait till after christmas to get one :-/
you shouldn't have to wait until after christmas for a wii. they expect to have 4 million units sold by the end of the year. ps3? they expect to sell 1 million, if they have that many to ship. (those are both north american numbers only).