Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
microbe__

Drives: yaris d4d
again a european compatibility question

i am about to buy a short shifter from ebay and it seems to be the same product as NST..but the seller answered me frankly that the part was tested only for 1.5L yaris..in europe we have 1.4 diesels and i wonder if there is anybody here who has already installed a NST short shifter..the seller told me he received a negative feedback for 1.3L from singapore..thanks in advance for any help
microbe__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
The NST short shifters , will fit the 1.3 from 2006 on , as for the 1.4 Diesel i could not say , might pay to check out some of the phot's on site here or ask NST for photo's so you can compare.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
microbe__

dude,
i love those rear lights..where did you buy them?

if you say that thing is compatible with 1.3 i am sure it will be okay with 1.4..but i will compare it with my friend's just to make sure..and i will put some pics tomorrow
one more question which may be related with this subject..do you have any experience or idea about the NST Cable Bushings..i guess it makes the gear stick stiffer and getting rid of looseness feeling..i am not sure if that can help tighthen the stick as it seems to be a design feature..and i am not sure whether the stick will convey the vibrations a lot as its a diesel

much more confusion now
Old 12-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Welcome to YW microbe!

I have actually been to Ankara and Istanbul in Turkey. Great cities!

The NST Shifter Cable Bushings replace the factory rubber bushings and make shifting A LOT tighter. There are hundreds of user reviews on YW from members, all of them are positive. Please try a search and you will find many hits.

The NST SSK is compatible with the 1.3, 1.5, and 1.8 models. We have received many orders for these and our customers seem to be very happy with them. These may also work in your 1.4.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7535

Please support NST, as we support these forums and try very very hard to do a lot for your community. Support NST so we can support your community!

Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbe__ View Post
dude,
i love those rear lights..where did you buy them?

if you say that thing is compatible with 1.3 i am sure it will be okay with 1.4..but i will compare it with my friend's just to make sure..and i will put some pics tomorrow
one more question which may be related with this subject..do you have any experience or idea about the NST Cable Bushings..i guess it makes the gear stick stiffer and getting rid of looseness feeling..i am not sure if that can help tighthen the stick as it seems to be a design feature..and i am not sure whether the stick will convey the vibrations a lot as its a diesel

much more confusion now
As far as the tail lights go , i beleave they where being sold on YW, but i got mine from EBay , then bought LED bulbs for them.

The cable bushing's you probably have to try them and see what you think ,
i would replace the engine bay ones first, if you only wanted to buy one set,
as i have heard that the give the most feed back.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
microbe__

thanks for all replies,
but here is another question..we here have 2 different sponsors and two different products..which one do you think is better? TWM offers both esthetic and shortening where as NST offers shortening and easy installation relatively..i said relatively cuz of my engine bay..here are some pics..sorry for the quality

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5070001 bytes) in /home/admin/domains/yarisworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_image.php on line 2360

i couldnt add images cuz of the error code above..briefly diesels have less room to work inside the engine bay
Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbe__ View Post
thanks for all replies,
but here is another question..we here have 2 different sponsors and two different products..which one do you think is better? TWM offers both esthetic and shortening where as NST offers shortening and easy installation relatively..i said relatively cuz of my engine bay..here are some pics..sorry for the quality

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5070001 bytes) in /home/admin/domains/yarisworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_image.php on line 2360

i couldnt add images cuz of the error code above..briefly diesels have less room to work inside the engine bay

You need a good picture of the link point between the gear cable and the gearbox. That's the only way to confirm if the NST ssk will fit your car.

Regarding your other question:

I've had both the TWM and the NST.

And I prefer the NST SSK.

Sure, is true that a shorty gear selector looks really nice and sporty inside the cabin... but, because of the Yaris seating position it was not comfortable at all. I had to extent my arm to much to shift gears. The installation of the TWM is also more complicated.

When I sold my first Yaris I let it go with the TWM on it because I didn't wanted to go to the trouble of taking it out.

Then for my new Yaris I bought a NST SSK. And I don't miss the TWm at all.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Thank you for the kind words CASTREX.

I say this humbly, because I realize that we have a lot of good supporting vendors here... But I think it is fair to make the following statement... I feel you would be hard pressed to find many other vendors here on YW that care as much about you guys as does NST.

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote