Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Suzuki SX4

Looks like a good car for the money.
http://www.suzukiauto.com/?gclid=CMT...FQ6jagode0AHCA

http://www.suzukiauto.com/sx4_sport/
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:58 AM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
They are and they are real nice too drive too , but very pricey
over here compared too the yaris , and a lot thurstier too boot.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:27 AM   #3
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
I think someone talked about having one in a thread awhile back. Someone was saying it's pricey for parts on these things?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Ask anyone who has owned a Suzuki, newer models, they probably will tell you the car sucks, or that they wish they had bought a Honda/Toyota.

Suzuki at this point is at the BOTTOM of the list of JDM cars to be sold in the US, in quality and resale value. Yes they can build a car that might survive a short lifespan of a couple years, but see it make it to that 10 year/100,000 mile mark without some problems good luck. I know sever suzuki owners all are still under warranty and end up at the dealership at least once every other year for something major, most of them being transmission or electrical problems.

Only reason Suzuki sells, is the warranty. Personally I would rather buy a Hyundai
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #5
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
that AWD system is actually very good though
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:38 AM   #6
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Ask anyone who has owned a Suzuki, newer models, they probably will tell you the car sucks, or that they wish they had bought a Honda/Toyota.

Suzuki at this point is at the BOTTOM of the list of JDM cars to be sold in the US, in quality and resale value. Yes they can build a car that might survive a short lifespan of a couple years, but see it make it to that 10 year/100,000 mile mark without some problems good luck. I know sever suzuki owners all are still under warranty and end up at the dealership at least once every other year for something major, most of them being transmission or electrical problems.

Only reason Suzuki sells, is the warranty. Personally I would rather buy a Hyundai
yes i would have too say your sort of right on that , my secound car is a 2001 wagon done 200,000km's , i had to rebuild the trans 18 month's ,
at 160,000km.
but thats the only problem i have had with it sense new.
not bad for 8 yr's 200,000km
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
I bought a Suzuki some time ago (Esteem Wagon) the car was so full of defects that i threatened legal action and got the dealer to buy the car back.Suzuki Canada was absolutely useless in going to bat for me saying only that the dealer was a private enterprise and i should just deal with them (The dealer).Their cars do look nice and you may buy one and have no trouble with it but for me the companies lack of support on getting my car fixed and repaired put me off of any future Suzuki product.
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
I've been reading up on Suzuki and they are number 2 in Japan behind Toyota. They must be doing something right. I think they will move ahead in the USA. They have the right product at the right time.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #9
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
I've been reading up on Suzuki and they are number 2 in Japan behind Toyota. They must be doing something right. I think they will move ahead in the USA. They have the right product at the right time.
The're ahead of Honda?
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #10
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
I really wish I could have gotten an sx4 hatch, the awd system is excellent, but they are too tall to autox...

ps not sure which is better looking, sedici or sx4 but this is the fiat version
Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #11
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Well, guess what: I own one.

I love it. It's made very well, it drives excellently, and was a great deal, too.

I am a strong believer in Suzuki products ... that is REAL Suzuki products. By this I mean the SX4 and the Grand Vitara in the U.S. lineup. Suzuki has been saddled with GM/Daewoo cars, and GM vehicles (new XL7) and recently got rid of all of them. They were junk: The Reno, the Forenza, and Verona were all GM/Daewoos from S. Korea. However, Japanese-made Suzuki are great products.

Want to talk quality? Suzuki made the biggest jump in the J.D. Power survey for 2008. They went from 32nd place (of 37) to 10th place. The SX4 is a great vehicle, both in sedan and hatchback form. I can readily get 30mpg (with AWD) on the highways, and average about 26-28 in town. Not bad for an AWD car.

There are a loyal band of SX4 owners over at http://www.SX4Club.com, too. My screenname there is the same as it is here.

Just remember: Suzuki is known for building some of the best small cars in the world, but they haven't gotten that rep here in the U.S.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Hmmmmm you have come out of the closet!! I like the AWD model.

I have been keeping my eye on them for a long time ..... possibly one for the wife but she will not surrender the 4runner

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote