Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-28-2006, 07:51 AM   #1
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
Anyone settle 4 sedan but wanted lftbk?

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone who started out wanting a lftbk with all options, ended up settling for a sedan since they lftbk with options is hard to get in many areas?
Are you enjoying the sedan?
Happy with it?
What do you not like about it?
Anything you can share about your switch to the sedan would help me out. I have a lftbk on order but if I dont get it the way I want it maybe will consider a sedan...reluctantly
As a Single guy the liftback would be my ride of choice!!!!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
i've always liked hatchbacks and thought i would want to go with the liftback for sure. i'd driven one at the dealer as they have a base model for a demo vehicle and liked it. then the wife came along! they happened to have a silver manual sedan so we took it out for a spin. the guages and instrument cluster are different - they look more upscale, and you get a tachometer as well (if you were going for a stick, that is something to consider). the sedan is also slightly lighter curb weight, though its negligible (under 100 pounds i think). the trunk space is good, and i didn't really like the non-fold flat seats...so unless you're getting the power package (which i didn't want, got the convenience package with our sedan) you're stuck with a less functional storage space - of course its more than the sedan either way, but fold flat seems like a no brainer, not sure why they had that as an option. i like the styling of the sedan more as well, its alittle more trimmed than bubbly (the liftback is short!). you have to see and drive them both in person i guess. once i'd driven them both, the sedan suddenly felt worth the extra $800 or whatever it is. just my opinion!

in short, i wouldn't call it settling, i'd call it a change of heart!
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
H8SGAS

Drives: Black Liftback
Maybe I can put this into perspective for you due to your avatar, I have always wanted a Vehicross (technically still do one of the best looking SUVs ever made IMO) but manual is not an option and that is a deal breaker for me. I recently considered forgoing that and purchasing a used one anyways, even though I HATED the auto S10 I had for a short time. In the end I decided settling was not going to make me happy in the long term and I would wind up resenting my choice, so I gave up the V-cross. I too had to wait for my LB even though there were tons of sedans around, I'd have to say wait for it.