Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
PuntCuncher

Drives: Yaris
Wheel Fitment Question

Hi. I did a fair bit of searching for this specific application, but wasn't able to find what I was looking for.

I have a 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback, and a set of wheels I'm hoping to get on the car.

15"x5.5"
40mm offset
4x100 bolt pattern
59.1mm center bore
Tires are 195-55-15

I know the Yaris bore is 54.1mm. Is that going to be too small for these wheels?

Thank you in advance.
PuntCuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntCuncher View Post
Hi. I did a fair bit of searching for this specific application, but wasn't able to find what I was looking for.

I have a 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback, and a set of wheels I'm hoping to get on the car.

15"x5.5"
40mm offset
4x100 bolt pattern
59.1mm center bore
Tires are 195-55-15

I know the Yaris bore is 54.1mm. Is that going to be too small for these wheels?

Thank you in advance.
nice screen name

what you need are called hubcentric rings..

www.discounttiredirect.com sells very nice aluminum ones.

but i highly doubt they'll have rings with those specs.

why are you buying such skinny wheels?

*troll alert, or possibly existing member alert*
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
PuntCuncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
nice screen name

what you need are called hubcentric rings..

www.discounttiredirect.com sells very nice aluminum ones.

but i highly doubt they'll have rings with those specs.

why are you buying such skinny wheels?

*troll alert, or possibly existing member alert*
Wheels are from a 95-98 Nissan 200sx that I had an extra set of.

Thanks anyways.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
PuntCuncher

Sorry for the double post.

I just want to clarify, since I'm fuzzy on this, even though everything else matches up fine, the center bore requires a spacer which I will have a difficult time sourcing?

I don't know much about wheel fitment, but will the slop in the bore put too much stress on the lugs?

When I had my old car I gave a set of wheels to a friend who had an EG civic (92-95). His center bore was 56.1mm IIRC, and they worked great.

I just got this car on sunday, found this forum monday, and have been looking through all the stickies and the rest of this forum since then, so please bear with my ignorance. I'm just trying to cover my bases and not screw up a brand new car. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
you'll be fine on just the lugs. it's a very light car, just make sure to use a diagonal pattern when tightening the lugs down.

the rings would only end up being 2.5MM thick, i highly doubt you'll find any like it. give www.discounttiredirect.com a call though, i've been wrong before!
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
NonOffensiveUserName

Drives: A P.C. Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
you'll be fine on just the lugs. it's a very light car, just make sure to use a diagonal pattern when tightening the lugs down.

the rings would only end up being 2.5MM thick, i highly doubt you'll find any like it. give www.discounttiredirect.com a call though, i've been wrong before!
Thank you Tamago. I'll give them a call today.

*New Username

Last edited by NonOffensiveUserName; 11-06-2009 at 02:45 PM.
NonOffensiveUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
NonOffensiveUserName

Drives: A P.C. Yaris
Ok, I just called discounttiredirect. Great customer service BTW.

The closest they had was a 60mm. I asked him if it would be possible to get those and take a dremel to them, but he said since my wheels aren't aftermarket, hubcentric rings probably wouldn't fit my application.

He recommended that I put them on the car as is, and using the star pattern to ensure they are centered. If there are any vibrations I'll obviously remove the wheels and look for a set that is better suited to this car.

I gotta get a new tire on one rim, but once that's done I'll report back.
NonOffensiveUserName is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40mm, 4x100, bore, center, offset