Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
RaptorRacing

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to RaptorRacing
Rags to Riches...Yaris looks brand New again

Hey folks;

thought some of you would enjoy these pix. My Yaris is my work horse and unfortunately I have VERY little time for it , I rust proof it every winter at Krown and by the time winter is over it looks like she's seen better days.

My friend here in Toronto started a new mobile detailing business so I told him that I need to be his first customer as if he could make my car look like new he could do it with anyones car . The pictures don't do the before and after any justice; the interior was JUST as bad as the exterior. I use my Yaris to cary tons of parts from Local suppliers and from Buffalo to Toronto and it gets dirty fast.

The car is now better than new, it's cleaner than new and a blast to drive with a few minor mods. Unfortunately a week after this was done I had to haul a Yaris full of exhaust systems and mufflers from my suppliers so she could use another wipe down. I LOVE this car so much but I might have to get something bigger for the business...there's only so many parts you can fit in a Yaris

To save time here is a copy and paste of his post on a detailing forum that he frequents:

This car belongs to a good friend of mine whom owns an online parts business. He’s my first paying customer and told me he wanted to be proud of his car again. He wanted some paint correction, and clean inside and out.

The car has some unique features like the exhaust he fabricated, and the adjustable sway bars he made in conjunction with whiteline. It’s got an intake, rims, lowered and some upgraded brakes. It always has a roof rack and cargo container on the top so he can haul parts from his box office in the states. It’s his daily driver he bought a couple years ago. He owns a couple of supras (an 84 just like mine too) and the yaris is chosen to bear the rough Ontario winters....

As you will see, this may be the dirtiest car you’ve ever seen. The thing hasn’t been washed all winter. The black dirt is due to him getting it rust-proofed every year and it seeping out of everywhere, and subsequent road grime sticking to everything.
This job took me aprox. 11 hours. And was the second time using all my supplies, including the PC. I was really happy with how it came out, and the owner’s reaction was priceless. It went something like “Holy ****ing ****!” then he continued to laugh. It was very rewarding to see his eyes light up.

I suggest you have a look over the pics and captions, then scroll up to the top to remind yourself what it used to look like and laugh like he did. I can't stop looking at it myself.

I used 1.5 Gallons of zep citrus at 3:1 on this car and you can see why in the pics below. it took me four very thorough passes on the door jambs to get them clean. I just put my watch away and this is what came out 11 hours later.

Exterior
Detailer's pride foam cannon shampoo used in riccardo foam cannon
2 bucket wash
1.5 gallons of zep citrus at 3:1
2 bucket wash method
tarminator
meg's claybar with ONR lube
60/40 IPA wipedown
Menz power finish 1 stage correction
green LC pad using Porter Cable 7424XP
karcher 2.360 pressure washer
meg's natural shine

Waxed with Coli 845 on LC gold pad

Wheels/Tires
Zep Citrus in the wheel wells
AG CWC for the wheels,
tarminator
Duragloss 253 tire shine.
Racglaze brushes and XL wheel brush for all exterior

Interior
Eureka enviro steamer on all panels
zep High traffic carpet cleaner, hot water extraction with shop vac
floor mat's pressure washed, and rigid WD4070 shop vac extraction
zep pro glass cleaner
rigid wd4070 + auto detailing kit
Aerospace 303 on all panels.

BEFORE

DURING

Ready for battle...

I pulled all the cup holder liners out and let tome soak in ZC while I worked on the interior.

Vac

Steamer action. I honeslty don’t know how I cleaned interiors before I had this thing…absolutely amazing for cup holders, little cracks around switches and vents…

Ok zep citrus, lets see what you can do here…

CWC working..

Pulling the dirt out of the tires

Me working…

Now the karcher to work..

Boom!

Need some terminator here…

Trying to get some of the grim off with the karcher…

I sprayed everything down with zep citrus and then dwell with foam on it…. This is what it looks like with the ZC sitting on the car. You can see where I agitated the door seam with the raceglaze brushes.

Foam time

It’s difficult to see in the pictures, but the car is still incredibly dirty and it’s time for a hand wash. What I had to do was wash the car panel by panel, pre-treating it with the zep citrus…it was the only way to get the film off!

I had to repeat this process, then I did another pass around the car with terminator. I basically had to bathe the front end in it, and the wheels were pretty bad too, so I foamed the car again to remove any cleaner residue.

Now time for clay… this is ¼ of the roof!!

And masked…

Polishing time!

It was very hard to capture the swirls in the white paint, but it had plenty. I was able to get most of them out with the one stage polish…green pad and power finish.
Here’s the best I could do for a before:

And after:

AFTER

no caption required here

I am very proud of this area...

RaptorRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
Thumbs up

:eyebuldge:

That looks FANTASTIC!!! Great job! I'm itching for a day this summer to do that incredible of a detail job

Old 05-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Pretty extensive photos and awesome work. You need to do your best to keep it that way!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
WOW
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
minired5stby

Drives: Yaris S liftback
I know the weather is different in your area but I would never ever let my car get that dirty. But definately a superb job from top to bottom inside and out.
minired5stby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Absolutely amazine!!!!!!
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
PerfectoII
PWN'ING NOOBS SINCE PONG

Drives: Yaris
Wow!!! Fantastic work!!! Final price on 11 hours of work???
PerfectoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
That's amazing!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Damn my yaris needs this!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
WOW!

After that superb detailing job... I'll bet you'll try to keep the car clean all the time, eh?

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
RaptorRacing

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to RaptorRacing
Quote:
Originally Posted by minired5stby View Post
I know the weather is different in your area but I would never ever let my car get that dirty. But definately a superb job from top to bottom inside and out.
Believe me it pained me every day to see it like that; but full time job + full time business = NO time to clean it. I wasn't about to pay someone in the middle of winter to detail it. Last year the same thing happened and I had another friend detail it the second winter was over.

This year I had to wait a little longer till my friends mobile detailing business got going. I could have done it a LOT sooner but felt my friend needed this detail more than I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectoII View Post
Wow!!! Fantastic work!!! Final price on 11 hours of work???
Close to $200...which is a stupid steal and a half for all the work that went into it. Like I said the pictures do it NO justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
WOW!

After that superb detailing job... I'll bet you'll try to keep the car clean all the time, eh?

Cheers!
Yup...it's rained a couple of times since the detail job and she needs another wash. This time will be stupid easy; the body was buffed so smooth that dirt and water glides right off.
RaptorRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #12
ERA

Drives: '10 Zephyr Yaris Sedan
ho ho ho
Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #13
yarisitis

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Damn dude, good job.

The difference is amazing.
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #14
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
ly shit....good job..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Damn. your buddie's cleaning expertise shows just by looking at his tool cleanup inventory. I might just pay Crappy Tire a visit tonight to up mine.

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #16
Arkhangel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Great job now do my car lol

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Arkhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #17
JetfireK

Drives: 2008 3 Dr Liftback
RAGS TO RICHES YOU CAN HELP!

Someone posted needing help with "BRAKE DUST" ruining their paint as stated by the dealer. Your auto prior to detailing looked worse than any auto in our neighbor right after KATRINA and I do not see any "BRAKE DUST" (Paint pitted/deteroriated) on yours.
oy
I never heard of brake dust? but I know Toyota's paint is soft and thin compared to Fords. With that said, possibly you will be kind enough to lend your advice to the inquirer listed somewhere herein as he or she obviously needs information for help. We Yaris owners love our car...

Don't forget to wax your license plate don't want it to fade and it will...take care and best, Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorRacing View Post
Hey folks;

thought some of you would enjoy these pix. My Yaris is my work horse and unfortunately I have VERY little time for it , I rust proof it every winter at Krown and by the time winter is over it looks like she's seen better days.

My friend here in Toronto started a new mobile detailing business so I told him that I need to be his first customer as if he could make my car look like new he could do it with anyones car . The pictures don't do the before and after any justice; the interior was JUST as bad as the exterior. I use my Yaris to cary tons of parts from Local suppliers and from Buffalo to Toronto and it gets dirty fast.

The car is now better than new, it's cleaner than new and a blast to drive with a few minor mods. Unfortunately a week after this was done I had to haul a Yaris full of exhaust systems and mufflers from my suppliers so she could use another wipe down. I LOVE this car so much but I might have to get something bigger for the business...there's only so many parts you can fit in a Yaris

To save time here is a copy and paste of his post on a detailing forum that he frequents:

This car belongs to a good friend of mine whom owns an online parts business. He’s my first paying customer and told me he wanted to be proud of his car again. He wanted some paint correction, and clean inside and out.

The car has some unique features like the exhaust he fabricated, and the adjustable sway bars he made in conjunction with whiteline. It’s got an intake, rims, lowered and some upgraded brakes. It always has a roof rack and cargo container on the top so he can haul parts from his box office in the states. It’s his daily driver he bought a couple years ago. He owns a couple of supras (an 84 just like mine too) and the yaris is chosen to bear the rough Ontario winters....

As you will see, this may be the dirtiest car you’ve ever seen. The thing hasn’t been washed all winter. The black dirt is due to him getting it rust-proofed every year and it seeping out of everywhere, and subsequent road grime sticking to everything.
This job took me aprox. 11 hours. And was the second time using all my supplies, including the PC. I was really happy with how it came out, and the owner’s reaction was priceless. It went something like “Holy ****ing ****!” then he continued to laugh. It was very rewarding to see his eyes light up.

I suggest you have a look over the pics and captions, then scroll up to the top to remind yourself what it used to look like and laugh like he did. I can't stop looking at it myself.

I used 1.5 Gallons of zep citrus at 3:1 on this car and you can see why in the pics below. it took me four very thorough passes on the door jambs to get them clean. I just put my watch away and this is what came out 11 hours later.

Exterior
Detailer's pride foam cannon shampoo used in riccardo foam cannon
2 bucket wash
1.5 gallons of zep citrus at 3:1
2 bucket wash method
tarminator
meg's claybar with ONR lube
60/40 IPA wipedown
Menz power finish 1 stage correction
green LC pad using Porter Cable 7424XP
karcher 2.360 pressure washer
meg's natural shine

Waxed with Coli 845 on LC gold pad

Wheels/Tires
Zep Citrus in the wheel wells
AG CWC for the wheels,
tarminator
Duragloss 253 tire shine.
Racglaze brushes and XL wheel brush for all exterior

Interior
Eureka enviro steamer on all panels
zep High traffic carpet cleaner, hot water extraction with shop vac
floor mat's pressure washed, and rigid WD4070 shop vac extraction
zep pro glass cleaner
rigid wd4070 + auto detailing kit
Aerospace 303 on all panels.

BEFORE

DURING

Ready for battle...

I pulled all the cup holder liners out and let tome soak in ZC while I worked on the interior.

Vac

Steamer action. I honeslty don’t know how I cleaned interiors before I had this thing…absolutely amazing for cup holders, little cracks around switches and vents…

Ok zep citrus, lets see what you can do here…

CWC working..

Pulling the dirt out of the tires

Me working…

Now the karcher to work..

Boom!

Need some terminator here…

Trying to get some of the grim off with the karcher…

I sprayed everything down with zep citrus and then dwell with foam on it…. This is what it looks like with the ZC sitting on the car. You can see where I agitated the door seam with the raceglaze brushes.

Foam time

It’s difficult to see in the pictures, but the car is still incredibly dirty and it’s time for a hand wash. What I had to do was wash the car panel by panel, pre-treating it with the zep citrus…it was the only way to get the film off!

I had to repeat this process, then I did another pass around the car with terminator. I basically had to bathe the front end in it, and the wheels were pretty bad too, so I foamed the car again to remove any cleaner residue.

Now time for clay… this is ¼ of the roof!!

And masked…

Polishing time!

It was very hard to capture the swirls in the white paint, but it had plenty. I was able to get most of them out with the one stage polish…green pad and power finish.
Here’s the best I could do for a before:

And after:

AFTER

no caption required here

I am very proud of this area...

JetfireK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #18
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
as Neo once said: "woah"

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote