Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,460
FS: DIY Cruise Control Pin Kits

I have put together some kits for those of you interested in doing the DIY Cruise Control on your US or Canadian Yaris. These include the proper pin(s) with a length of wire crimped to them. The ECM pin includes enough wire to allow you to splice to it in the cabin, rather than under the hood.

OEM Stalk CC Pin Kit - $10 shipped : Includes one ECM pin (for pin 40 of Connector A21) and two Spiral Cable connector pins (For pins 1 and 2 of Connector D3).

DIY Switch Type CC Pin Kit - $5 shipped : Includes one ECM pin (for pin 40 of Connector A21).



CC Pin Kit.jpg
CTScott is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
henry33
 
Drives: yaris1.33
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: slovakia
Posts: 425
you can built kit also for european yaris :)
henry33 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
dean_park
 
Drives: 2011 VW Golf TDI
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wentzville, MO
Posts: 191
CTScott, are these kits only from the ECU to the switches? Or do they include wiring from the clutch switch too?
I have momentary switches, resistors and a Toyota clutch switch so far, just looking to see what I need for wiring to complete an 07 manual CC install.
dean_park is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_park View Post
CTScott, are these kits only from the ECU to the switches? Or do they include wiring from the clutch switch too?
I have momentary switches, resistors and a Toyota clutch switch so far, just looking to see what I need for wiring to complete an 07 manual CC install.
The Cruise Control Clutch Switch has its own connector. I have some of the pins (part number 82998-24380), but not the connector housing (part number 90980-10906). The connector housings are semi-custom ones made for Toyota by a couple of connector manufacturers, so they are quite difficult to obtain, other than directly from Toyota. I can provide you with the two pins and you can either order the connector from Toyota, or insert the pins into the switch's connector and pot them with silicone or epoxy.
CTScott is offline  
Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
kimjo
 
Drives: 2007 HB Yaris
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oshkosh WI
Posts: 6
CTScott - I have a -07 HB automatic stock. I have the OEM stalk and I am wondering if your OEM Stalk CC Pin Kit is the only other thing I need to install the cruise on my Yaris. And how does one go about purchasing the Pin Kit from you. Thanks in advance for your help.
kimjo is offline  
Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimjo View Post
CTScott - I have a -07 HB automatic stock. I have the OEM stalk and I am wondering if your OEM Stalk CC Pin Kit is the only other thing I need to install the cruise on my Yaris. And how does one go about purchasing the Pin Kit from you. Thanks in advance for your help.
Just the pin kit and a piece of 18-22 AWG wire to connect the ECM pin to the steering column pin is all you need to have working cruise. Yaris prior to 09 don't have the CC indicator in the cluster, so if you want an on/off indicator for it, you might want my indicator module:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=67
__________________
CTScott is offline  
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
kimjo
 
Drives: 2007 HB Yaris
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oshkosh WI
Posts: 6
Between the CC i got from eBay and your pin kit I will have cruise for under $50 and a few hours of our time. I can't wait.
kimjo is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
hayden
 
Drives: asd
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: dfw
Posts: 42
I'm a little lost on this. I have an 07 3DR auto with no power options.

One of the wires goes from A21-pin 40 to pin 1 of D3. I haven't cracked it open to look yet, but I'm guessing this takes two of the three wires supplied (with a connector somewhere between the two)?

And I'm guessing I attach the wire that plugs into pin 2 of D3 to a ground point?
hayden is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
I'm a little lost on this. I have an 07 3DR auto with no power options.

One of the wires goes from A21-pin 40 to pin 1 of D3. I haven't cracked it open to look yet, but I'm guessing this takes two of the three wires supplied (with a connector somewhere between the two)?

And I'm guessing I attach the wire that plugs into pin 2 of D3 to a ground point?
Correct - The one with the seal goes into A21 and the other two go into D3. One of the D3 pins connects to the A21 pin (you'll need to run a wire {18-22 AWG} between them). The other gets connected to a ground point under the dash.
__________________
CTScott is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
hayden
 
Drives: asd
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: dfw
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Correct - The one with the seal goes into A21 and the other two go into D3. One of the D3 pins connects to the A21 pin (you'll need to run a wire {18-22 AWG} between them). The other gets connected to a ground point under the dash.
So this kit doesn't come with everything needed, we need to buy additional 18-22AWG wire?
hayden is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
So this kit doesn't come with everything needed, we need to buy additional 18-22AWG wire?
Correct. You'll need a piece of wire to connect the two ends and will either need to solder and heat shrink them or connect the two ends with butt splices.
__________________
CTScott is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
Spektyr
 
Drives: 2007 Hatchback Absolutely Red
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 9
Apparently I'm not cool enough to send PMs yet but I'm interesting in buying some cruise control stuff from you, CTScott. Specifically I'll probably want these wires, the control stalk, and an indicator control module.

I have another question though. While the LED indicator is perfectly fine I was wanting to "upgrade" it a bit with some kind of clear labeling. Rather than a "what's this blue light mean" kind of indicator, something that says "Cruise" on it or has the symbol on the stalk.

I don't know if any such thing exists, and my own Google-fu does not appear to be strong enough to find it if it does, but I figured I might as well ask.
Spektyr is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektyr View Post
Apparently I'm not cool enough to send PMs yet but I'm interesting in buying some cruise control stuff from you, CTScott. Specifically I'll probably want these wires, the control stalk, and an indicator control module.

I have another question though. While the LED indicator is perfectly fine I was wanting to "upgrade" it a bit with some kind of clear labeling. Rather than a "what's this blue light mean" kind of indicator, something that says "Cruise" on it or has the symbol on the stalk.

I don't know if any such thing exists, and my own Google-fu does not appear to be strong enough to find it if it does, but I figured I might as well ask.
I tried an experiment today with a cluster that I had previously drilled to mount the indicator LED. I printed a CC indicator icon (in reverse so the icon is white on black) using my label printer and stuck it over the LED lens.

CC Indicator.jpg
__________________
CTScott is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
Spektyr
 
Drives: 2007 Hatchback Absolutely Red
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 9
That is awesome.



Sending PM.
Spektyr is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #15
Spektyr
 
Drives: 2007 Hatchback Absolutely Red
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 9
Got mine all done, here's a (blurry) picture of how it turned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 620548_412655562105109_411556907_o.jpg (90.4 KB, 706 views)
Spektyr is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY Cruise Control FAQ (2006-2010 Yaris) CTScott DIY / Maintenance / Service 467 10-18-2022 11:20 AM
Wires Inside the Yaris & What They Do The Architect DIY / Maintenance / Service 149 10-18-2022 04:32 AM
DIY - 2009 Cruise Control for $10, without pulling the steering wheel and airbag CTScott DIY / Maintenance / Service 306 05-11-2021 11:37 AM
radio wire colors & alarm wire color reference guide battleversiontc In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 05-29-2014 05:24 PM
Cruise control vs MPG YarisOwnersDad Fuel Economy Forum 15 05-29-2009 04:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.