Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
mi springs before & after

just put them in what does anyone think?
one on grass is stock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yariivios.jpg (276.3 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg springsf.jpg (123.2 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg springss.jpg (131.0 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg springsbr.jpg (111.4 KB, 375 views)
File Type: jpg springsbl.jpg (135.0 KB, 375 views)
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
matthewai

they are kinda blurry oops

the ride is nice so far but need a week to really get a good feel.
also what is the air shutter and where does it go / is it reallly needed? we took it out and just completely forgot where it came from hahah
Attached Images
File Type: jpg part02.jpg (113.8 KB, 375 views)
Old 11-24-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Cool I dont notice much of a difference but the drop is perfect. What springs you loading?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
i dont have a sedan, but looks like it must be from the cowl in front of the windshield.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
i likes alots.. my megan coilovers just arived yesterday. will be putting them on later today. i will do before and after pics also.. i got a 3dr though.. grats on your upgrade. looks great
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
The drop on those MI springs really is just perfect. If I could afford those and a nice rear sway bar I'd be a happy camper.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
!

Last edited by Flipper_1938; 12-17-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
yeah, that is a great stance. The springs are pretty stiff, give them a couple weeks to settle in. I doubt you'll have any rubbing at all with those wheels/tires.

Take a better pic for me from the same angle as the one on the grass please? I'd like a good before/after shot -- would help me a lot!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #9
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper_1938 View Post
That looks really good....where toyota should have put it in the first place.

Now, load up with all of your biggest friends and some heavy stuff in the trunk; go drive it and tell me if anything rubs.
i literally had 1 in shotgun and 4 in the back i drove slow but i dont think it was rubbing...i wont do that again though im making them WALK
Old 11-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #10
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
yeah, that is a great stance. The springs are pretty stiff, give them a couple weeks to settle in. I doubt you'll have any rubbing at all with those wheels/tires.

Take a better pic for me from the same angle as the one on the grass please? I'd like a good before/after shot -- would help me a lot!
will do gotta eat some turkey first
Old 11-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #11
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
Cool I dont notice much of a difference but the drop is perfect. What springs you loading?
they are the micro image tiger techs it just looks way more sleek and proper if you will i like them
Old 11-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #12
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
The drop on those MI springs really is just perfect. If I could afford those and a nice rear sway bar I'd be a happy camper.
i was thinking about the sway bar is that just for better cornering and what not?
Old 11-25-2010, 04:30 AM   #13
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
i likes alots.. my megan coilovers just arived yesterday. will be putting them on later today. i will do before and after pics also.. i got a 3dr though.. grats on your upgrade. looks great
biggest
Old 11-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #14
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewai View Post
i was thinking about the sway bar is that just for better cornering and what not?
Yah, as far as what I've been reading, when cornering the load goes to the outside wheel leaving the inside wheel with little grip. The sway bar transfers some of the load back to the inside meaning better grip, meaning faster turning. Others have also said that it improves some of the maladies in the Yaris's driving characteristics at speed such as wandering when driving on the highway and a more "stable" feel when driving.

Everything I've read has been nothing but high praise for getting one and it should have been on there from the factory. It should be the first mod anyone does.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
Yah, as far as what I've been reading, when cornering the load goes to the outside wheel leaving the inside wheel with little grip. The sway bar transfers some of the load back to the inside meaning better grip, meaning faster turning. Others have also said that it improves some of the maladies in the Yaris's driving characteristics at speed such as wandering when driving on the highway and a more "stable" feel when driving.

Everything I've read has been nothing but high praise for getting one and it should have been on there from the factory. It should be the first mod anyone does.
i see i see gotta wait for a pay check first ahha
Old 11-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
i dont have a sedan, but looks like it must be from the cowl in front of the windshield.

yo thanks alot does it really have to go back in like what does it actually do though
Old 11-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #17
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Shinare, really good description of sway bar function! Technically it transfers weight to the inside front wheel, but it doesn't change the positive effects you are describing.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #18
matthewai

now is it necessary to get front and rear sway bars or is that over kill or its just personal preference on how much of a handling upgrade you want

Tags
image, micro, springs