Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-31-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
Help with HIDs!!!!

Alright guys I'm sort of in a jam, I bought 2 pairs of HIDs on ebay 1 is H4 size for our headlights and it has high and low beam HID and then the other set is H11 for our fog lights(both 10000k get pics when installed)...well I'm a DIY kinda guy and I'm not even gonna attempt to do it, its way to hard so I was wondering how much should I pay for each set to be installed or if there is a thread that shows the installation on OUR cars?

Thank you and happy new years
elsteverino889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I just read my manual for information on changing my bulbs, changing over to HID is not much more than that, just finding a place to secure your balast
Old 12-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Actually it is with a hi/low kit with a new wiring harness. No instructions?

It is important to know that our system is reversed from the normal positive switching type. The positive is always on (even with the car off) and the ground is switched on either the high or low terminals.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
elsteverino889

Well Im gonna get them installed on friday somewhere, but yea its a hi/low kit and it did come with a wiring harness bcuz the other set of of HID's for the fogs didnt come with this extra wiring harness and I will for sure tell them about this reversed thing
Old 12-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Chances are, the harness they supplied may not work properly since we have switched ground headlights, basically, just hook up the harness, connect it to your ballasts, put the new bulbs in, and test it, if it's not working properly, you're gonna need a slightly different harness.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
elsteverino889

Why are HID's so difficult man! but when they get installed on friday I'll post pics
Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 PM   #7
Racheal

Drives: '07 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Racheal
can't wait to see what the HIDs look like!
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
elsteverino889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal View Post
can't wait to see what the HIDs look like!
you made my day, its kind going sucky and then i see excitment from another yaris fan gives me a smile thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #9
Racheal

Drives: '07 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Racheal
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsteverino889 View Post
you made my day, its kind going sucky and then i see excitment from another yaris fan gives me a smile thanks
lol, sorry, its just that HIDs are hawt.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
reopening thread!!

sup man! got question for you? would this set up work? i know you guys may not have fog but i think i found a way to keep fogs,drl,low and high beam with hid setup!!

"for canadian models...with fogs.. ...to keep drl,fogs,hid bi-xenon with high beam.. here it is u just need to cut 2 wires...headlight should have 3 wires, ground, low,and high. cut the low beam wire.. then cut the positive wire on the fogs..interconnect them (switch them 2 wire with each other)..therefore when the car is on ur fogs is running on 10v (drl). once the headlight switch is turned on that should activate fogs on 12v and ur hid ( which was interconnected w/ the fogs.which is actually the fog light. high beam is still ur high beam.....
so 2 wire interconnected...drl=fogs=lowbeam, fog switch =(hid)low, then high beam remain as is.....no relay needed may need to supply a lower amp for the fogs..coz its running amp from the headlight..and fog amp should be sufficient to run the hid bi xenon."

i know u mention that the headlight is running 2 ground and one power..which is kinna weird why the black on eis the power wire???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post
Actually it is with a hi/low kit with a new wiring harness. No instructions?

It is important to know that our system is reversed from the normal positive switching type. The positive is always on (even with the car off) and the ground is switched on either the high or low terminals.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote