Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Cool video

This video is just a rough draft, but im impatient lol. My co worker has a talent for editing. Hit up local 1/8 mile last week, not the greatest track but it was 10 min away. Got a lot of attention after walking a new 5.0 mustang on radials, a new saleen mustang , an evo (dont know mods), many hondas.... pretty sure those runs will be in the final version. We forgot to turn the mic volume up for the in-car shot and a few other spots, but you listen and you will hear tires spinning to 93mph ( end of 3rd).

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeSR5g5CpPw

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Great vid - nice runs!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
scioncrew

Drives: SCION tC
Send a message via AIM to scioncrew
awsome video!
07 Toyota Yaris 357hp 12.80@107mph
scioncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
thepartsmancometh

Drives: '08 LB, '07 WRX
holy crap! its great to see a small Japanese car winning some respect! now if only my wife would let me do that to the yaris....:lol:
thepartsmancometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
I like the "DeadMou5" remix. I like that cd.

Car looks bad ass too.. I couldnt help but look at the reflection in the paint of you pushing the camera on a skateboard. i laughed. awesome video
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
I like the "DeadMou5" remix. I like that cd.

Car looks bad ass too.. I couldnt help but look at the reflection in the paint of you pushing the camera on a skateboard. i laughed. awesome video
Yea I love that song, the original version is great but a tad too slow for a short video. I laughed when I saw reflection too, but hey not bad for rushing the shots. We get paid to work on cars and sell go-fast goodies not making videos... hopefully that will change in the future eh?

Ptuning.com
Old 07-27-2011, 04:49 AM   #7
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
We get paid to work on cars and sell go-fast goodies not making videos... hopefully that will change in the future eh?
No no no no... stick to your day job.. more money in that.. LOL..
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
millon12

Drives: corrola
small car but stunning car what is the HP of the motor?
Old 12-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I don't think he's ever posted a dyno. Gotta be 250-300+ whp to get times like that, I would think.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Awesome video Xa ! What turbo and boost is yours running?
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
Awesome video Xa ! What turbo and boost is yours running?
Garrett t3 60 trim, 27psi. My fastest 1/4 mile ET was on 23psi ( track was ridiculously well prepped).

Ptuning.com
Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #12
Parmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown_xa View Post
Garrett t3 60 trim, 27psi. My fastest 1/4 mile ET was on 23psi ( track was ridiculously well prepped).
Wow 27 psi on a yaris, I suppose you are near 400Hp! Are you running/mixing racing fuel and methanol aswell ?

What's your fastest 1/4 mile ?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #13
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
Wow 27 psi on a yaris, I suppose you are near 400Hp! Are you running/mixing racing fuel and methanol aswell ?

What's your fastest 1/4 mile ?
93 octane pump gas, with water methanol injection ( peak windshield washer fluid). 12.29 was my quickest ET, once tracks open again after the winter I will run full boost on that same track.

Ptuning.com
Old 12-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #14
Parmas

Quote:
93 octane pump gas, with water methanol injection ( peak windshield washer fluid). 12.29 was my quickest ET, once tracks open again after the winter I will run full boost on that same track.
Don't you think running high boost on low octane can cause detonation and damage your motor? What is your maximum ignition timing presently?
Old 12-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Don't you think running high boost on low octane can cause detonation and damage your motor?
Not with water/methanol. I'm going on 1.5 years on mine (24 psi) and my motor is in great shape. I bet his is doing pretty well too.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Not with water/methanol. I'm going on 1.5 years on mine (24 psi) and my motor is in great shape. I bet his is doing pretty well too.
Exactly. WMI is the key, plus combined with lower compression ratio pistons high boost is no problem. We have our Time attack tC tuned at 34psi on pump gas with WMI. I'm not sure what my ignition timing is, I haven't looked at my map... I leave that up to our tuner. It is tuned for MBT ( minimum best timing), any good tuner tunes for MBT where any more timing results in no power gain... Beyond that of course knock and detonation occur. I did carry race gas with me when I competed in Ohio for an event this past summer because I wasn't sure if that area had 93 octane. I was prepared to mix.

Ptuning.com
Old 12-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #17
Parmas

Quote:
Exactly. WMI is the key, plus combined with lower compression ratio pistons high boost is no problem. We have our Time attack tC tuned at 34psi on pump gas with WMI. I'm not sure what my ignition timing is, I haven't looked at my map... I leave that up to our tuner. It is tuned for MBT ( minimum best timing), any good tuner tunes for MBT where any more timing results in no power gain... Beyond that of course knock and detonation occur. I did carry race gas with me when I competed in Ohio for an event this past summer because I wasn't sure if that area had 93 octane. I was prepared to mix.
In this case I cannot understand why my dyno tuner suggested racing fuel (109 Octane) above 16 psi ! He suggested to mix 25% racing fuel with 75 % pump gas. I am still undecided though but certainly if I go with mixing fuels I am hoping some increased hp number aswell. What do you recommend?

In our country pump gas tend to vary octane rating so it is a possible reason.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #18
TURBO YARIS

Drives: Yaris
Your tuner is using a "bandaid" to solve any possible detonation issues. Is the pump gas i your country "leaded" or "unleaded"? Also what is the high octane you can buy @ the pump? Mixing race & pump is not the best thing to do.
TURBO YARIS is offline   Reply With Quote