Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Somebody couldn't wait for Toyota to make a Prius Truck

Can you believe someone would go all Frankenstein on a Prius??

:eek2:

What an idiot!

At least do it right if you're going to do it. The stitched together look is just piss poor.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
I love it!!
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
It's half way decent just need to take it to a shop that specialize on that kind of work
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That's awesome. I would love to get Crashy to being street legal, but after seeing what is required to get a totaled car back on the road here in CT, I think it would be far easier to buy one that still has a good title and convert to another Crashy.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Not all that bad . We'd wouldn't mind having a hybrid pickup that gets 35+ m.p.g.. There was an ASPIRE in our area that was turned into a pickup . The car manufacturers need to wake up , there would be plenty of people to buy a gas saving P.U..
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
The idea isn't all that bad, it's just that it's a complete hack job. If you're going to tear apart a perfectly good Prius, do it right. Some places do these types of conversions and they come out right. Smooth sheet metal, professionally painted, ect.

This guy kept the rear doors unchanged even though they overlap a truck bed. That part looks ridiculous. They needed to be removed and turned into a 2-door. And those welding seams are just awful.

Doing it right results in the example below. ALthough I'm not saying I'm a fan of this. Just saying, the workmanship is there.

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
OTA'sTOY
DAT'S RIGHT I GOTz 2

Drives: '10 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
The idea isn't all that bad, it's just that it's a complete hack job. If you're going to tear apart a perfectly good Prius, do it right. Some places do these types of conversions and they come out right. Smooth sheet metal, professionally painted, ect.

This guy kept the rear doors unchanged even though they overlap a truck bed. That part looks ridiculous. They needed to be removed and turned into a 2-door. And those welding seams are just awful.

Doing it right results in the example below. ALthough I'm not saying I'm a fan of this. Just saying, the workmanship is there.

well judging by the beaten qtr panel on that prius looks like it took a hit above the rear bumper and instead of spending grands to make it "prestige" like that beamer they went the creative cheaper way probable
painted wooden trim and makeshift plastic liner for the bed
+1 for creativity
but at least now it looks like what it probably hauls "cheap trash"
LMAO

OTA'sTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
But after you shave the handle and weld the rear door closed, it may look alot better. Whose to say if he's done or not. its drivable for now....
Old 08-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Holden Maloo anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayy15WfQP1s
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote