Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Rosettes

Drives: 2009
Non Stop Tuning - Help

Hi,

I realise that this post is probably in the wrong place but I looked for a DIY forum with recent activity.

On 28 June I purchased a clutch kit from Non Stop Tuning. Including postage to Australia (where I live) it cost me over $420. Im not exactly rolling in cash but I purchased this item because my husband and I are big yaris fans and were really keen to turn our already great car into something awesome.
I had no problems purchasing this item from NST as I had purchased a lightened pulley kit from them previously. It took about 6 or 7 weeks for the pulley kit to arrive but I was extremely happy with the product once I finally received it.

However, I have yet to receive my clutch kit from NST. I have emailed them several times to enquire as to the status of my shipment.

First Email:

Good Morning,

I placed an order with you on 28 June and I am just following up to
see if you happen to know when it may arrive?
The details for the purchase are below
Shopping Cart Contents
1Yaris 1NZ SPEC STAGE 2+ Clutch Kit
Item Number ST793H
>
> $390.00 USD

> Amount
> $390.00 USD
> >
> Order Description: Shopping Cart
> Item Total: $390.00 USD
> GST: $0.00 USD
> Shipping: $34.00 USD
> Packing: $0.00 USD
> Seller discount or charges: $0.00 USD
>
>
> Total amount: -$424.00 USD
> Fee amount: $0.00 USD
> Net amount: -$424.00 USD (equals -$417.11 AUD)

Note:
Any information you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much :-)

> Roma Nxxxxx

I got no response from them.
I emailed them again a couple of weeks later for a follow up and eventually got a reply on 20 September as follows:

Hi Roma,

Thank you for your interest in our site and products, we appreciate it.

Unfortunately, there has been a bit of a delay on some of our orders recently.
Please give us another week or so on this order and we'll have an update for you.

Thanks again, good luck and have fun with all your projects!

And i havent heard from them since - and it is now mid October.
I am finding this whole situation extremely upsetting and beyond dissapointing. What started out as a fun exciting project for me and my husband has turned into something where I am questioning ever buying anything from an overseas company again. I really did think very highly of this company and im confused as to why they would take a substantial amount of my money and not provide me with the product I paid for.

To make matters worse, I have since discovered that I am pregnant. We can no longer keep our Yaris as it is a 3 door hatch and we need to upgrade to something bigger. I am now out of pocket and waiting for an item that I have no further use for. I emailed NST to ask if I could get a refund seeing as they have yet to ship the item. I havent heard from them :(

PLEASE - does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do? I have read so many posts on this forum (I have been lurking for a while) that highly rate NST - its the posts on here that gave me the confidence to purchase from this company in the first place. Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks so much in advance

Roma
Rosettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
I'd imagine NST is a busy company, but yeah...it's been almost a month since you've heard from them and you haven't heard back.
I haven't heard any horror stories about NST though, I believe our vender Garm is in touch with NST as he sells their stuff (feel free to chime in here Garm XD) so maybe he has some answers about why they're not answering or why they are late on their order.

As for the baby situation...why not get a Yaris sedan, or even a 5 door liftback? That way you can just swap all your parts to the next car.
Or what other cars were you considering? There's a lot of cars there are baby friendly.

Last edited by Black_griffin6; 10-20-2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Added some stuff.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Weird I've had nothing but positive experiences with NST, although it was a while ago and I am in the states.

Who have you been with contact over there? I've personally dealt with Mike and he's been really helpful for me. As mentioned maybe Garm @ MicroImage (caliyaris) might have luck helping you get in contact with them as he sells their stuff on his site.

Good luck. Congrats on the baby, keep an eye out for a yaris with 2 more doors!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #4
ljming99

Drives: Yaris '06
I did encountered similar issue with them a while back.

Same thing, no or very slow response to email.

Best thing which black griffin suggest is to get hold of Garm(Microimageonline) to help contact them.

However i do understand from Garm is that they are quite busy at times.

www.microimageonline.com
ljming99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
goliath1812

Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
You can also try to add Mike @ NST on AIM. Username = nstonaim
He's not on as much as he used to be, but you can probably catch him every now and then.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
Rosettes

Thanks everyone. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone on AIM but I will try to get a hold of Garm.

As for what car we will upgrade to - A yaris is definitely on the cards but we may decide we want something with a little more power. We are just so happy with this car that sticking with Toyota would be the preference. Perhaps an Aurion?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
goliath1812

Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
How about a Yaris sedan with a supercharger? :P
Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
My email is mcroimg@gmail.com. Please copy the first post from this thread and email it to me. I will call Mike personally and help you resolve the problem, if I can.

Mike has been out of touch for the most part lately; it's one reason for Micro Image moving forward with our own Yaris crank pulley. (yeah, that was a plug)
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
You can always call your credit card company and have them refund you the money, they'll take care of it(or they should anyways).

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
sito

Drives: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
My email is mcroimg@gmail.com. Please copy the first post from this thread and email it to me. I will call Mike personally and help you resolve the problem, if I can.

Mike has been out of touch for the most part lately; it's one reason for Micro Image moving forward with our own Yaris crank pulley. (yeah, that was a plug)
Hi Garm,

Can you also ask Mike for my water pump pulley?

My case is my water pulley has cracks and i sent email to Mike about it since it's under warranty. He told me to send it back to him and i paid shipping fees for that. Till now, there's no news from him yet.

I called my local courier and they told me that the pulley was delivered. That's why i been asking him what's the status for my pulley.

See my post in this thread: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...t=4737&page=33

Thanks Garm.
sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ same instructions, you have to email me all the details. Can't help from here, I won't remember, sorry.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:18 AM   #12
sito

Drives: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ same instructions, you have to email me all the details. Can't help from here, I won't remember, sorry.
Thanks Garm. I just sent you an email.

Thanks for your help.
sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #13
Rosettes

So the very kind Garm contacted NST who finally got back in touch with me to say the following:

Hi Roma,

Thank you for your interest in our site and products, we appreciate it.

I apologize for the delay in communication on this order. Your order has finally been completed and is in line to be shipped within the next few business days. We will notify you with tracking info ASAP.

Thanks again, good luck and have fun with all your projects!

NST Customer Service
www.NonStopTuning.com
281-917-0221

This is pretty much what they said to me months ago but I have my fingers crossed that they will follow through this time. I will let you know how everything goes.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and assistance - I definitely came to the right place :D
Old 10-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #14
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
i've been waiting for a custom single groove pulley for my Tercel from them for about 3months now.

I sent them a short email about 2-3 weeks ago just asking what is the status & I got nothing.

I want my 160bucks back now...i could use that in better places then throw it away

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #15
Ravenlokk

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Sorry to necro bump an old post but i was looking up people having this problem with NST... I ordered a pulley set from them in September and i was initially told they were out of stock and should have some a bit later in 2011... It's now almost half way through January 2012, i've emailed them 3x since december and haven't heard anything back either :((.
Ravenlokk is offline   Reply With Quote