![]() |
|
|
|
#1 |
|
[Space For Rent]
Drives: 2010 LB Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 264
|
If you were to take a 3 day mini-vacation ....
somewhere in the states, where would you go? And why?
__________________
“With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” Rhett Butler ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
vroom vroom
Drives: lil red 5-door Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 7,744
|
LA cuz that's where all the cool people are?
__________________
The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish. - Robert Jackson ![]() Bye bye 1NZ... |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
[Space For Rent]
Drives: 2010 LB Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 264
|
lol .... have you been to LA? haha
__________________
“With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” Rhett Butler ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
What I thought I'd do was
Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northwest Alabama
Posts: 1,140
|
__________________
![]() My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47 |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
Here's a few of our three day weekend getaways that we've done:
1. Key West, FL - Fun place with perfect weather to get away from the New England Winter. 2. Memphis, TN in January - My wife's birthday is the same day as Elvis Presley, so this year for her 45th birthday I surprised her with a trip to Memphis to visit Graceland on their Birthday weekend. 3. San Francisco, CA - Tricky for a 3 day weekend from the East Coast, but we packed in seeing the sites of the city, a tour of Alcatraz, a hike through Muir Woods, and a run up to Sonoma wine country. 4. Los Angeles, CA - Plenty to see, do, and eat for a long weekend getaway. 5. Orlando, FL - We've done a few separate ones there either hitting Disney or Universal for a couple of days. With the new Harry Potter park, Universal is definitely worth a couple day trip. 6. Sedona, AZ - Another nice escape from the cold to a picturesque and quirky place. 7. Newport, RI - Typically visited by tourists in the Summer, but a more peaceful place for a long weekend when the tourists are headed to warmer venues.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
[Space For Rent]
Drives: 2010 LB Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 264
|
Quote:
of course
__________________
“With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” Rhett Butler ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
[Space For Rent]
Drives: 2010 LB Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 264
|
Quote:
__________________
“With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” Rhett Butler ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
toyota
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: toronto, canada
Posts: 3,637
|
i say NEW YORK... might as well watch knicks game as well..lol
__________________
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit!!!!!! "Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.." |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Heart Up! Vitz
Drives: トヨタ Vitz Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 2,582
|
3 day vacation? Hmm....
Seattle, Washington because i heard there are scenic routes to take and things to see/eat. Clam chowder i heard is good there - from Kaotic. Denver, Colorado because the view is nice and it would be def be cool to go snowboarding there for a change. People are friendly. I want to see nice country roads for a change. Of course I'd be renting a car and not taking my car there with all the dead bugs :P |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: York,Pa
Posts: 344
|
Where ever my new female Yaris owner would like to go.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Joey
Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: El Monte, Ca
Posts: 3,530
|
Hawaii. Why not?
__________________
Formerly owned Met-Met. '07 Yaris LB 5-speed. A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting. "I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 3dr LB MT Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 681
|
Stay at home. Why? So I can actually just relax for once without fretting about getting something done or worrying about time constraints.
__________________
2009 3dr LB MT Meteorite Metalic. Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 black yaris Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: savannah, ga
Posts: 2,867
|
I work 4 days a week 10 hour shifts... i get 3 day weekends all the time.. unless I work Overtime on friday.. Yet I stay home and relax every week. I feel 3 days isn't enough to really enjoy a vacation. I need a week.. lol
__________________
-Derrick- "Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing... It's life. Anything that happens before or after, is just waiting." |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris 3Dr HB Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 40
|
I would go to the Upper Peninsula in Michigan. It's very quiet and scenic there.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
|
[Space For Rent]
Drives: 2010 LB Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 264
|
Quote:
__________________
“With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” Rhett Butler ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2012 toyota yaris Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hollywood, Florida
Posts: 375
|
speaking on 3 dayer vacations... im taking one myself to Daytona beach, florida this weeken for Bike week. i cant wait !!!!
__________________
2012 yaris L model 2014 wrangler unlimited sport |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Mr. 155 and climbing
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
|
yup...3 days isn't enough...but I guess if it was only 3 days since I live in the north corner of the country and I would lose 2 of the three days to flying I might as well instead say that I would visit Prince Edward Island. I could drive there and at least enjoy most of the 3 days.
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes. |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
[Space For Rent]
Drives: 2010 LB Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 264
|
It's mainly just hard to go anywhere for a long amount of time because of Radley, it's hard to take an animal on vacations and because of his disability - there is no way I will leave him alone with anyone; I just can't trust it. If something was to happen to him, well, I'd hate to know what I'd do to the person who didn't care of him properly. So my "time away" is pretty much none. 3 days would be pushing it, but I could find someone to watch him for one or two full days. I wouldn't push it beyond that. Unless I could get my sister to watch him.
I need to escape for a few days so I am looking for ideas. lol
__________________
“With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” Rhett Butler ![]() |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Veterans Day Offers and Anytime Veteran Freebies | fnkngrv | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 2 | 10-26-2010 10:45 AM |
| 7-17-09 Last Day for Time Attack Event @ CFRC | SAKU | Southeast | 3 | 07-17-2009 10:11 AM |
| Mini v. sedan = injury. No duh. Is this news? | jess | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 48 | 04-17-2009 06:46 AM |
| Black Friday | Bob_VT | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 70 | 11-29-2008 07:07 AM |
| The Official Having A Bad Day Thread. | *MAD DOG* | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 7 | 11-15-2008 08:38 AM |