Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
fiveonfridays
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Lightbulb 2012 Toyota Yaris Gun Safe

Was wondering how you have installed a gun safe (if possible) into your Yaris. I have one installed pretty neatly in my truck but I can't see a place to put a small safe in my Yaris.
fiveonfridays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Slasher

Drives: 2012 RED M/T 3DR
My only guess would be in the hatch down by the spare tire.... But then I don't like the idea of having to secure it out in the open... But I can't see anyway without giving up some space.... unless you wanted something like this... http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htmIt's beter than nothing, I would personally prefer something bolted in though...
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
under the passenger seat?
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
I have a small combination lock pistol safe mounted right in front of the drivers seat. I ran the bolts through the floor. There is little point in mounting your pistol out of reach, if you're going to need it you generally won't have time to dig in the trunk, under a seat, etc. It's been there over a year, it hasn't gotten in the way yet and you can't see it through the tint.

It's mounted with carriage bolts, the nuts being INSIDE the safe to prevent tampering.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
I have a small combination lock pistol safe mounted right in front of the drivers seat. I ran the bolts through the floor. There is little point in mounting your pistol out of reach, if you're going to need it you generally won't have time to dig in the trunk, under a seat, etc. It's been there over a year, it hasn't gotten in the way yet and you can't see it through the tint.

It's mounted with carriage bolts, the nuts being INSIDE the safe to prevent tampering.
^^ just wanted to ask if you use it to daily carry a handgun , cause I'm also in sd and have been thinking about installing a hidden box . Just curious on the legal aspect of it.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
^^ just wanted to ask if you use it to daily carry a handgun , cause I'm also in sd and have been thinking about installing a hidden box . Just curious on the legal aspect of it.
I'll send you a PM shortly...

For other people interested/concerned in CA firearm laws I suggest you search around @ www.calguns.net, it's a forum with most if not all of the key players in CA, be they legal minds, trainers or otherwise.

Wiki.calgunsfoundation.org will also answer any questions you may have, it's an invaluable resource.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
I'll send you a PM shortly...

For other people interested/concerned in CA firearm laws I suggest you search around @ www.calguns.net, it's a forum with most if not all of the key players in CA, be they legal minds, trainers or otherwise.

Wiki.calgunsfoundation.org will also answer any questions you may have, it's an invaluable resource.
Yeah I've been reading on calguns.net but its always good to hear first hand from somebody who cc for any advice. Thanks in advance man !

Tags
gun, gun safe, lock box, pistol, safe