Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
jeeper5usa

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Color Change, LEDs Pics!

I finally changed the automatic shifter color, and the HVAC controls changed. I also changed all the interior lights to LEDs bought at superbrightleds.com. What a difference! Bought the cool white color and it is a much cleaner look over the yellow stock bulbs. (Coupon Code: RE701, gives you 5% discount)

I also, bought a soldering iron and I am ready to tackel the rest of the lights as soon as the LEDs come in and I figure out how to solder. But I am positive that learning about soldering on my instrument cluster is a good idea!

Here's pics of what I did so far. So far so good.
No info on changing the automatic shifter bulb made it difficult, that one screw hiding in the cup holder in the back killed me for a minute! Also planning on adding another light in the back cargo area pretty soon.

jeeper5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
bazman

Drives: yaris
Hi

Hi Dear,

I am from the uk, I have just seen your work and totally love the instrument Cluster LED Colour change.

The white colour looks amazing compare to orange.

I have Toyota Yaris 2010 and would love to change the leds from orange to white.

I would be grateful if you can put up step by step guide and what led bulbs do i need to buy? or email the guide to me on shehbaz_kdy@yahoo.co.uk

I would appreciate all the help on this please as i am new to the form.

Thanks in advance

Baz
bazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Hello bazman,

A complete guide on how to change your interior lights can be found here.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9857
Old 01-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
bazman

Drives: yaris
Thanks very much for your reply.

Could you please tell me what type of bulbs do I need to change the HVSC control light to white? Just like what you have done in the 1st picture.

Thanks again... I can't find anywhere about what bulbs do I have to get for modification ?

Baz
bazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 PM   #5
07liftback

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
What type of LEDs did you use for this application? I know that Toyota supplied surface mount LEDs for the interior lights and there was a DIY thread where he used an old fashioned round 5mm LED bulb for the replacement. The beam angle was very narrow and it was also very uneven. I bet a surface mount LED off an LED strip would emit the same light output as the OEM toyota LEDs.
07liftback is offline   Reply With Quote