![]() |
|
|
|
#1 |
|
5 Stars, Bitches
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
|
Yaris RallyCross Photos...
Took place in a RallyCross with the Yaris this morning, thought y'all might get a kick out of seeing the photos. Unfortunately the quality's not great since I, obviously, I wasn't shooting...
Needless to say, the hubcaps come off for this sort of event... ![]() Not a great photo, but this shows you how rutted the first track was after the second heat started. High suspensions are good for some things... ![]() Managed to whack something on the first run. Didn't feel it in the car, but there you have it. Should pop out, we'll see. ![]() This last turn was a real bitch... ![]() Caked... don't forget to knock that stuff off before you hit the highway. ;) ![]() The Yaris did great, btw. We were pretty competitive on the first course, and that's in a class with 2.4L engines, so I can't feel too bad about that. Handling was great, the suspension took the bumps surprisingly well. Really don't have any complaints. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgian Triangle Ont.
Posts: 310
|
That looks like a lot of fun Idjiit, and I can see what you mean about the higher suspension giving you the needed ground clearance. So can I assume this is like a time-trial on a dirt course????? Do you do auto-cross (or whatever those things in the parking lot are called) as well?
BTW you are right about karts (from your post on another thread), fun comes in small sizes too! |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
5 Stars, Bitches
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgian Triangle Ont.
Posts: 310
|
Thanks Idjiit.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
5 Stars, Bitches
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
|
Quote:
![]() That came off a Pro Rally Impreza... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
5 Stars, Bitches
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
|
Wasn't using the e-brake a whole lot really. The first course was pretty tight so I used it on a couple turns, but the second one was pretty open so the e-brake wasn't very useful.
Remembered the thing that still bugs me about the Yaris - the accelerator is too far away from the brake. Impossible to heel-toe. I think I may just fab my own pedal extension. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: icebox Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CAN
Posts: 1,003
|
Cool pics! I can't wait till winter time and some snow... I bet this car will be a lot of fun to toss around with the e-brake!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
stop staring my star perv
Drives: 97 tercel Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 335
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac. Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary AB.
Posts: 122
|
poor Yaris!!
I would never do this to my Yaris. I'am not brave enough to rally cross it, hehe.
__________________
-H-O-A-H-M-A-R-U- |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac. Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary AB.
Posts: 122
|
Quote:
__________________
-H-O-A-H-M-A-R-U- |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 | |
![]() Drives: Black Golf...for now Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 27
|
Quote:
Cool pics though. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
5 Stars, Bitches
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
|
Jesus, you guys are such babies - it's just a car. :P
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() Drives: Black Golf...for now Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 27
|
Are you kidding. I treat my car better than I do my girlfriend...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
5 Stars, Bitches
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
|
Man, life's way too short to worry about keeping a car clean.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() Drives: Black Golf...for now Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 27
|
Yeah I hear what you're sayin', but there's nothing better to me than striding out your front door in the morning and seeing a gleeming car sparkling in the sunshine...that is second to none.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
5 Stars, Bitches
Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 451
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
|
Quote:
great shot! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Lol, not gonna say anything about that.
Y'all would prolly hate the way I treat my cars. I used to brag that one car I owned for 4 or 5 years was only washed twice, once by my father and once by my best friend. Not to mention when I was in college the pile of trash in the back seat made it up and covered the seats, lol.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| Toyota Yaris Aftermarket Bodykits / Modded Yaris Photos | VitzBoy | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 216 | 11-15-2016 10:09 AM |
| 2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! | YarisBueller | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 104 | 06-24-2009 04:54 PM |
| Great Photos and Detailed Description of the 2007 US Yaris | nwdixieboy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 5 | 02-17-2006 10:03 PM |