Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
Okay, I'll admit it............................

Okay, I'll admit it, and risk the wrath.........................

Got in the ol' Yari today, pulled out of the driveway on my way to run around a bit.

Cooler today and less humid here in S.E. New England, but still hot. Turned AC on, fan level 3 closed the vent off we go.

Okay, blowing warm air what is the story here, worked fine the other day, quick glance down at the knobs, yup light is on, so what is the problem.....................................look again, yup light is on on the knob, FOR THE REAR DEFROST.

Okay i'll just sit in the corner here and wait for the derision to ensue.

cheers.
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
What's The Big Deal?

You turned ON the A/C, then turned on the rear defogger - the rear defogger over-rides the A/C as the A/C will frost-up the rear window...yeah, that's the ticket!

In reality, this is called a 'Brain Fart' - I have dozens of these daily, no big deal!
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan

My greatest repeat of the "Doh" moment would be after I pull off my wiper hose from the cowl assembly, do my work, button things up, and then later try to use the wiper fluid finding that, "hey! damn it! Imma outta wiper fluid...no wait.....DOH!"

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
My turn.

I went to the car wash this past weekend. Parked the car in front of the bay to get out and spray some wheel cleaner on the wheels. To my horror the driver's side rear wheel was shoved up under the fender way too much. My immediate thought was a broken spring.

Took a quick look under the car and didn't see any issue. Went to the other side and the gap on the passenger rear was too high!!! Shit, I thought, somethings really fucked up with my suspension.

Checked the front passenger side and it looked okay, but the front driver's side gap was too high as well. From the back the car looked crooked, sagging down on the driver's side.

I was was getting pretty confused, but drove into the wash bay anyhow as I couldn't do anything about it until I got home and it seemed to be driving fine.

It took a few more minutes to realize and verify that the pavement in front of the bay was uneven and I had parked my rear wheel on a large hump.

Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Drives: 2013 Yaris 3-Door LE ~Pearl~
I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out what my cluster was missing.
I stared at the odometer, fuel gauge, and the word Yaris.
Then it dawned on me, OH! I have no tachometer! @_@

D'OH.

Okay, okay. I stared at it way longer than that... LOL
Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
In 2010, after seeing a movie (in a theater, at night) in Austin, I decided to send an e-card for a relative's birthday. I found a Starbucks (which was closed) and tried to log on from my car....usually a very easy thing to do. I tried and tried, to no avail. I decided to look for another wi-fi location. Then...I couldn't find the key to my Yaris...and had only been sitting in my Yaris after turning off the engine. I turned my Yaris 'upside down' looking for the key (I usually have it on a ring, but for some reason didn't that night), including getting out of the car and looking under the front seats. I was wearing a polo shirt and found the key in the breast pocket of the shirt .

I decided to look for another wi-fi spot. I found one and sent the e-card. I then got on I-35 and started to drive back to Montgomery County. After only a few miles, I reached for my phone to make a call. I couldn't find my phone. I replayed all of the events in my mind. I realized that when I got out of the car to look for the key in Austin, that I put my phone on the roof of my Yaris . I drove back to that Starbucks. The parking lot was very well lit, and the Starbucks was in an upscale area that had basically zero foot traffic at night, but I still couldn't find the phone . I called the Starbucks the next day and the carrier a couple of days later to se if someone had turned in the fairly simple phone. Never saw the phone again.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote