Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-10-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
June '15 Yaris Sales: Up

June was a good month for the Yaris. Sales were up 112.6% vs. June of '14 with a total of 2,810 models moved. This means year-to-date sales are now up 48.7% with a total of 12,688 Yaris models sold.

Full subcompact car sales results here:

http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...car-sales.html
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Sadly, I can probably count the number of 2015 Yaris that I have seen on the road since they arrived, on one hand. Perhaps it's just my area, as I don't see very many Yaris Sedans or 2007-2014 hatchbacks either.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
428CobraJet

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
For a 2015 model...they are ' everywhere' here in the Houston area.
:-) :-) :-)
Maybe it will create a pause for Toyota.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
thewickett

Drives: 5Dr Auto, 2Dr Manual
they're selling a lot more 5dr L and LE to rental companies. Not being negative, it is what it is - it just means more on the used market down to road to pick from.
thewickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #5
428CobraJet

Yes...ive noticed no change in the lack of Yaris in stock at dealers. Btw, looked at one yesterday and thought it interesting that French content was only 20%. 40% Japanese (engine/transmission)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewickett View Post
they're selling a lot more 5dr L and LE to rental companies
Yep. I've seen quite a few in the Houston area and in California. Most have been rental cars (bar code sticker in one of the rear door windows).
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #7
Kalispel

I read somewhere that Toyota's annual sales goal in 2015 for the U.S. market was 18,000 Yaris units sold.

I also read an article today that indicated there would be new color selections available on the 2016 Yaris, along with a different alloy wheel design. Perhaps they will bring the nice-looking 'Brown Sugar Metallic' that is already available in Canada (on certain trims) to the U.S. market for 2016. That is my 2nd favorite color for the current Yaris SE incarnation, with the 1st choice being white. :)
Old 07-12-2015, 03:00 AM   #8
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
I read somewhere that Toyota's annual sales goal in 2015 for the U.S. market was 18,000 Yaris units sold.

I also read an article today that indicated there would be new color selections available on the 2016 Yaris, along with a different alloy wheel design. Perhaps they will bring the nice-looking 'Brown Sugar Metallic' that is already available in Canada (on certain trims) to the U.S. market for 2016. That is my 2nd favorite color for the current Yaris SE incarnation, with the 1st choice being white. :)
Might you have a link to that info, or tell me where I can view it? I am very curious as to what new color choice might be added. I'm looking at a 16 in white. SE and manual of course. The only other color that I like is the blue. But I don't know if I'd get tired of that color day in and day out. The white is so clean and just pops with tinted windows.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:32 AM   #9
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
FWIW, I saw two brand-new 2015s on the drive home yesterday. Still had dealer plates on them.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:28 PM   #10
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
Might you have a link to that info, or tell me where I can view it? I am very curious as to what new color choice might be added. I'm looking at a 16 in white. SE and manual of course. The only other color that I like is the blue. But I don't know if I'd get tired of that color day in and day out. The white is so clean and just pops with tinted windows.
No, sorry I do not have a link. Just something that I read while bouncing around the internet looking for 2015-2016 Yaris information and such. They didn't mention any specific colors, only that there was supposed to be new color options, along with different alloys.

I'm really surprised that the Yaris doesn't sell better, especially the 2015, since most YouTube SE reviews are pretty favorable - with the only complaint really being 'average acceleration' (especially with auto) and '4 speed automatic' instead of 5 speed automatic or CVT. The new SE styling is well-received (exterior and interior) and the handling/brakes/ride of the SE are rated very high and on par with current Mazda 'fun to drive' dynamics. Really, the only thing missing for me personally is the lack of Pandora availability on the Yaris touchscreen radio system versus other current Toyota models.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #11
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
No, sorry I do not have a link. Just something that I read while bouncing around the internet looking for 2015-2016 Yaris information and such. They didn't mention any specific colors, only that there was supposed to be new color options, along with different alloys.

I'm really surprised that the Yaris doesn't sell better, especially the 2015, since most YouTube SE reviews are pretty favorable - with the only complaint really being 'average acceleration' (especially with auto) and '4 speed automatic' instead of 5 speed automatic or CVT. The new SE styling is well-received (exterior and interior) and the handling/brakes/ride of the SE are rated very high and on par with current Mazda 'fun to drive' dynamics. Really, the only thing missing for me personally is the lack of Pandora availability on the Yaris touchscreen radio system versus other current Toyota models.
I'd likely install XM on my Yaris. Have it on my Avalon and I like it. Still an extra bill each month though.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:52 AM   #12
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
along with different alloys.
OMG, let's hope so !!!
Old 07-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #13
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
OMG, let's hope so !!!
I'm tempted to wait and see if the alloys do change, and to what exactly - but I've already worked out a deal at a local Toyota dealership to get a white 2015 SE automatic in about two weeks when it arrives. I finally decided to go automatic (first one ever!), since I'm 50 years old and plan to drive this car for at least the next 15 years. Heck, it will probably outlive me, lol.

I was able to use the incoming 2016 models and the fact that so many Yaris are sitting on lots already around the country for 100-300+ days unsold to iron out a deal that I can live with ($16.400 base, $825 destination). With sales tax and tag/license/docs included total price was around $19K. The only added options that I got with that pricing was the front/rear/trunk mats.

The first things I will do to the car is tint the windows 35% or so on all side/back windows (I hate darker back and lighter fronts), pick up some different alloy wheels (and sell OEM ones), and see what I can find in the way of a nice exhaust tip (which should have been standard equipment on the SE). I'm not sure yet if the TRD rear sway bar fits this car, or if it's even needed with the SE's "sports-tuned suspension". I'm interested in a cold air intake, but will probably wait until the car goes out of warranty before doing it.

Last edited by Kalispel; 07-15-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #14
428CobraJet

An auto se for 16.4? Sticker must be 18.5?
Wow! !!!

Old 07-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #15
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CobraJet View Post
An auto se for 16.4? Sticker must be 18.5?
Wow! !!!

Sticker price includes the base price and the standard $825 destination/shipping charges getting the car from Toyota to dealer, so in my case it was $17.3K versus standard $18.6K MSRP sticker. Basically, I got it for ~$1300 off manufacturer suggest retail - or $1500 off retail technically, since I managed to wrangle the front/back/trunk floor mats into the deal also. It matches up pretty closely with the listed Kelly Blue Book (KBB) "fair price" value for the 2015 Yaris SE auto.

Last edited by Kalispel; 07-15-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #16
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
I'm not sure yet if the TRD rear sway bar fits this car, or if it's even needed with the SE's "sports-tuned suspension".
Yes the TRD rear sway bar fits, I have one on my 2014 and don't think there were any major changes to the rear suspension on the facelifted 2015+ models. Be aware if you do install it that there are “rear axle beam dynamic dampers” installed on SE models in the upper mounting holes that you need for the sway bar install. You can either discard them or order new mounting bolts and install both sway bar and dampers like I did on mine. Details here:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52593

Again I can not swear that it's the exact same set-up on the 2015+ models but I strongly suspect so.

Do you "need" the sway bar? That's for each to decide but I definitely noticed a positive difference with mine.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #17
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
I'm tempted to wait and see if the alloys do change, and to what exactly - but I've already worked out a deal at a local Toyota dealership to get a white 2015 SE automatic in about two weeks when it arrives. I finally decided to go automatic (first one ever!), since I'm 50 years old and plan to drive this car for at least the next 15 years. Heck, it will probably outlive me, lol.

I was able to use the incoming 2016 models and the fact that so many Yaris are sitting on lots already around the country for 100-300+ days unsold to iron out a deal that I can live with ($16.400 base, $825 destination). With sales tax and tag/license/docs included total price was around $19K. The only added options that I got with that pricing was the front/rear/trunk mats.

The first things I will do to the car is tint the windows 35% or so on all side/back windows (I hate darker back and lighter fronts), pick up some different alloy wheels (and sell OEM ones), and see what I can find in the way of a nice exhaust tip (which should have been standard equipment on the SE). I'm not sure yet if the TRD rear sway bar fits this car, or if it's even needed with the SE's "sports-tuned suspension". I'm interested in a cold air intake, but will probably wait until the car goes out of warranty before doing it.
Congrats !!!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:52 PM   #18
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
Yes the TRD rear sway bar fits, I have one on my 2014 and don't think there were any major changes to the rear suspension on the facelifted 2015+ models. Be aware if you do install it that there are “rear axle beam dynamic dampers” installed on SE models in the upper mounting holes that you need for the sway bar install. You can either discard them or order new mounting bolts and install both sway bar and dampers like I did on mine. Details here:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52593

Again I can not swear that it's the exact same set-up on the 2015+ models but I strongly suspect so.

Do you "need" the sway bar? That's for each to decide but I definitely noticed a positive difference with mine.
A few days ago I took my '14 in to a Toyota dealer for one of the factory paid for 5k services for the first 25k miles. The waiting 'room' is really a 'space' (part of the showroom, rather than an adjoining 3 or 4 sided room). There was a loaded '15 Corolla S Premium on the showroom floor, so I sat in in the driver's seat. Has the same seats as your SE, except with leather. Also, it was the only (or perhaps one of only a few) current model S versions with an automatic that I've seen. The final factory sticker (including destination) was $24,509. The car also had an added dealer PAC sticker with 3 items on it --- 1. Aftermarket tires and wheels (nothing very special) --- 2. A sway bar. --- 3. A minimal body kit.......the total added amount of the PAC sticker.......$7,000.00 (okay, $6,995.00 ). So, the total with the PAC sticker was $31,504.00. Good luck .

I wonder if they think the buyer won't know what a sway bar is or what it does ?