Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-20-2007, 04:27 AM   #1
TOOL
I <3 Cars!

Drives: Honda Fit S
Yaris LB, question.

Hey im going to be buying a Yaris LB here in a few months! I was wondering how the owners lke there cars so far? Also i was thinkng of getting the TRD 18" , if you have them please posts some pics of them on your car, thanks guys!

Last edited by TOOL; 05-20-2007 at 05:45 AM.
TOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL View Post
Hey im going to be buying a Yaris LB here in a few months! I was wondering how the owners lke there cars so far? Also i was thinkng of getting the TRD 18" , if you have them please posts some pics of them on your car, thanks guys!
The only reason we have this forum is because we love this car...now do a search
YamilR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
Elroy

Drives: 07 Blazin Blue Yaris
Have only had mine a few weeks and am enjoying it.
Elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
gm830

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
i can't wait to get mine! If only I didn't have credit card debt I'd get it now :-p my credit score is like in the 630s so I don't think I'd get a great rate on financing unless i begged my parents to get the loan and let me pay them. It's good to be the youngest child sometimes. But hopefully I'll have mine by the fall (don't have THAT much debt). That meteorite metallic color looks hot.
gm830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 PM   #5
Elroy

630 won't hold you down too much...back in nov/dec when we bought our van, they had a 0.9% special going on and all you needed was a score of 650. You won't get the best rate, but it shouldn't be too bad. If it is, thenhold off for a little if you can and make sure you are paying your bills on time. With the credit card, make sure your balance on it is somewhere about 50% of the limit at the most...those things will help your score...and of course time...
Old 05-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
TOOL
I <3 Cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR View Post
The only reason we have this forum is because we love this car...now do a search
When i say "How do you like them" i mean whats good about the car and whats not. What do you guys love and what do you guys hate, i want all the info from owners that i can get before i go out and drop 15k on my car.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #7
Elroy

don't drop 15K on it first of all....i like about everything with it. I used to have a Geo Metro back in the early 90's and it reminds me of it a lot, but better. What I don't like is backing up on a hill...not very strong at it...whines a little...the only other negative thing I can think of at the moment is that wind does push it around on the highway....
Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
TOOL
I <3 Cars!

Yeah my mom has a 03 Echo 4dr and that thing blows around the freeway. How does it handle at 70-80 mph with out alot of winds? And how does it handle curvey mountain roads?
Old 05-20-2007, 11:17 PM   #9
Elroy

70-80 without any wind or traffic is fine....haven't taken it to the mountains yet, but we have some great curvy back roads here and at a fast speed, the thing seems to hug the road pretty well...i'm impressed..
Old 05-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
fit and finish for its price range is very impressive for us. we love how the doors sound when they close, a solid THUD. very audi like, unlike similarly priced cars which have a tin-can like sound. the only really noticeable drawback we feel is the lack of sound insualtion in the firewall area. the engine is quite loud at any rpm, and due to its tuning for high mpg, it does indeed have a rough idle. since we dont have a tach, maybe hearing the engine is a good thing for the stick users. seats could be a little more comfortable for long trips, but perfectly fine for commuting. one little talked about bonus with this car is how you can wash it in like 15 minutes, since its sooo damn small. it has 3500 on the odometer, and we've loved every single mile...

--B
Old 05-21-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Yeah my mom has a 03 Echo 4dr and that thing blows around the freeway. How does it handle at 70-80 mph with out alot of winds? And how does it handle curvey mountain roads?
not many mountain roads here in Ohio, but I can out corner any of my friends cars... like taking 25mph freeway off ramps at 60 and sticking my lane
Old 05-21-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Lovin mine so far...just shop around and get the best deal and you'll be set. :)

Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #13
TOOL
I <3 Cars!

Alright cool, thanks guys and great input! Im going to be trading in my 98 integra GS witch isnt very fast(no vtec), but handles turns like a champ so it might be a little diffrent in a Yaris. I plan on lowering it and maybe getting the TRD 18"s from the dealer. I talked to the dealer and they said that 14,999 i could get power package and TRD rims, is that a good deal?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #14
Elroy

At that price they are adding over $3000 for those 2 things....

Like someone else said...shop around...I did so from the chair i'm in right now. Check out all the dealerships within 100 miles...email them and tell them what you want. Let them know you are shopping around and will go for the best deal...if you are persistent and have patients...you can probably get what you are looking at for at least $1500 less if not more....shop around....
Old 05-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Its a $13,000 traffic slicerdicer. Small, nimble, no blind spot... this means the freeways are my bitch. Definitely don't want to get caught under a semi, but still... I get places quicker now that I have my YARIS!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #16
TOOL
I <3 Cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
At that price they are adding over $3000 for those 2 things....

Like someone else said...shop around...I did so from the chair i'm in right now. Check out all the dealerships within 100 miles...email them and tell them what you want. Let them know you are shopping around and will go for the best deal...if you are persistent and have patients...you can probably get what you are looking at for at least $1500 less if not more....shop around....
So you think it possible for me to get it with power package and rims for 14k or under? That would be awesome if i could, im going to find some more local Toyota places and see what i can find, if can get a super good deal i might but it this week!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #17
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Its a $13,000 traffic slicerdicer. Small, nimble, no blind spot... this means the freeways are my bitch. Definitely don't want to get caught under a semi, but still... I get places quicker now that I have my YARIS!

Note bold.

Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #18
Elroy

Quote:
So you think it possible for me to get it with power package and rims for 14k or under? That would be awesome if i could, im going to find some more local Toyota places and see what i can find, if can get a super good deal i might but it this week!
Well I'll put it this way...I financed $6250 out the door. That's including tax ,tag, title....Mine only had the conveinance upgrade (CD player...etc)...they added my spoiler (which I'm stoked about now - see thread called Sexy rear end)....I traded in my jeep which they gave me what I wanted for it (5000)...total they took off was nearly $7200...with tax, tag , title and other fees...you might hit $14000-14500....it depends on how you negotiate with them. I could of gotten a little more out of them, i'm sure...but then it depends on the dealer and where you are located...your situation might be different. Remember that the base price is a little over $11k...at $15k you are talking $4k more...you should be able to get some rims and the power stuff in there...