Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
myt

Drives: Blazing Blue 07 YAris
Question Speaker selection advice

Hey all, I need some opinions on which speakers to go with for my LB stereo system upgrade. First I am running an Alpine CDA-9831 HU with the following specs:

Amplifier / Speakers
Built-In Power Amplifier Yes
Built-In Amplifier RMS Power 4 x 23 Watts RMS
Built-In Amplifier Power 4 x 50 Watt

And I have narrowed the speakers to: Infinity Reference 6022i

or: Alpine SPR-17C
But I am open to suggestions. I'm not going to be running an amp to the speakers I don't listen to music that loud, but I do like crisp highs and lows. I may add a sub early next year but I am undecided. If you choose one over the other please let me know why.

Thanks all,
MYT
myt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
SiliconRane
Dr. Trunk Monkey

Drives: 2007 Red Yaris
I love my SPR-17C's I have them in all 4 locations throughout my hatch. The only thing i wound suggest is that you give them plenty of power. They exhibit good sound reproduction with smooth highs and the directable tweeters really let you make sure that you are sitting in the sweet spot. They also come with the adapter plates that our car needs to install them.
SiliconRane is offline   Reply With Quote