Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
To the point...Moderation needs to lighten up on here...
You're right Kioshi, point well taken. Here is another point of view for ya.

Myself, I hate deleting posts, and most of the time, I'd rather look the other way than deleting someone's post. I think it's better to try to stir the conversation back on track another way. "Naw, man, my HK tip in't butt ugly, it's an acquired taste.." something like that.

But sometimes you just have to delete posts, not because you yourself think the post is offensive but because other forum members think the post is offensive and they PM repeatedly until you do something.

Case in point: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23428

(some posts were deleted per OP and other members' insistent requests but you can still see part of the conversation that took place.)

Or you can see other members picking up on it the wrong way and an otherwise perfectly good and informative thread is deteriorating.

Or someone is obviously trying to start a flame war... so you have no choice, it's either delete the posts or lock the thread which is another undesirable thing IMO

Also there is humor / poking fun at someone in a playful way, and then there is flamebating, and the line between the two is real fine, sometimes.

If certain members would stop acting like immature asses (you know who you are) it would sure make life a little easier for all if you know what I'm saying

Last edited by tomato; 11-05-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: adding link