Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #55
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
"yeah i hear what you are saying about evan. but i wasn't going to boycott PE because of him. i've had bad service at Chili's but that doesn't keep me from goin back to Chili's cause i love Chili's. so i didn't wanna lump the whole company in together just cause evan didn't know what he was doing. that'd be unfair i think.

on the other hand, after i actually called PE, i wasn't real impressed with them either. still it was them who gave me the tracking number not evan so i give them some credit for getting that to me. but not much."- frown on fun

believe me when I say that I am not one to condemn a company just because of one bad employee. I would have definitely contacted PE at the point where Evan was becoming an asshat and ask them if this was how they want their company portrayed. I would have sent a transcript if that was required just so they knew what their reputation was going through. It takes a lifetime to build a solid reputation, and minutes to tear it down.
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #56
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
He then proceeded to PM me 4 or 5 times to tell me how worthless I am, called me an ass, said that it's "people like me" who ruin the world, all this stuff.

I said "Come on now Evan, if you would actually look I deleted the post 30 seconds after I said it. I don't want to mislead anyone. It was just my impression that modifying any part of the system would void the warranty."

Then he PM'd me to call me an ass again.

Holy crap, for serious? This guy is out of control. Bad customer service always makes me so mad, and this is just ridiculous.
Frownonfun, definitely do a good inspection of each of the parts when the kit comes.
Geez.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #57
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
He then proceeded to PM me 4 or 5 times to tell me how worthless I am, called me an ass, said that it's "people like me" who ruin the world, all this stuff.
Then he PM'd me to call me an ass again.
he did the same thing with me trying to say i was ruining his topic and what not.....
Old 04-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #58
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
I highly suggest you get a video camera, record UPS going to the door, and infront of the driver, open the box, and record everything.... just incase.... you dont need to sign for something, have the driver leave, and then file a claim again later on that it was not what you ordered.... because then that will cause another issue, and you dont need that, so be careful.

Happened to me once(well twice, same item), and it saved me on a damaged item.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #59
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
You know as soon as you get the kit..... IMO I would return it and go for a 100% refund and not tolerate the restocking fee bullshit.

Get away from the PE crap and go with what we all know works and is proven..... the standard supercharger that other members have installed.

I seriously would not even attempt to install it..... just return it.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #60
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro View Post
I highly suggest you get a video camera, record UPS going to the door, and infront of the driver, open the box, and record everything.... just incase.... you dont need to sign for something, have the driver leave, and then file a claim again later on that it was not what you ordered.... because then that will cause another issue, and you dont need that, so be careful.

Happened to me once(well twice, same item), and it saved me on a damaged item.
I'd agree with this, just as a precaution. As that saying goes: better safe than sorry.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #61
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
well for those who don't know, i did receive the kit a few days ago. it came packaged pretty well in a professional looking PE box. and all the parts look new and undamaged so i guess all that's left to do is put it on.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #62
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
^ Well, that's a relief.

Sorry, can't help you at all with technical advice, but I'm still interested in what you're going to say about the before and after driving experience. Good luck with the install!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #63
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Did this kit ever get installed? After all the drama of the two closed threads, I still want to know if it was a good product.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #64
frownonfun

still not installed. partly cause the plans for mrbond and i to get together and put it on fell through and partly because i took my family on a 5000mile road trip that sucked up much of my yaris fund. the info i have to add is power enterprise is worthless, i was shorted the injectors that were meant to come with this kit, and my local toyota dealership claims that after "trying" to install this they have determined that the bracket that holds the supercharger does not fit.

all that said i still think someone with a little know how could certainly make this work. been talkin to someone who has a custom turbo charged neon (shudders) that says the guy who turbocharged his car could probably handle it. hopefully i can get with him before the summer is over and see whats what.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #65
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
still not installed. partly cause the plans for mrbond and i to get together and put it on fell through and partly because i took my family on a 5000mile road trip that sucked up much of my yaris fund. the info i have to add is power enterprise is worthless, i was shorted the injectors that were meant to come with this kit, and my local toyota dealership claims that after "trying" to install this they have determined that the bracket that holds the supercharger does not fit.

all that said i still think someone with a little know how could certainly make this work. been talkin to someone who has a custom turbo charged neon (shudders) that says the guy who turbocharged his car could probably handle it. hopefully i can get with him before the summer is over and see whats what.
Thanks for the update man although the project doesn't sound like its going so swelll @ least you got the kit(even if it was missing injectors) please keep up updated on your progress
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #66
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
And what does PE say about the missing injectors??
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #67
frownonfun

nothing... i'd have to actually get a hold of them for them to tell me something.

u know whats funny is when i took my car to the dealership to see if they could put this on i told them the kit was short the injectors. i asked if they could just throw on some tc injectors but they didn't seem willing. anyway i left the car with them because they said they could put the kit on sans injectors and see how it goes. they call me like a half hour later to ask if i've already put the new injectors in. i ask why they would think that and they tell me it's because they don't think i have stock injectors. i was like what? are you kidding me? you service and repair toyotas for a fucking living and can't determine with any certainty if my injectors are stock or not. anyway i told them that unless someone broke into my car and did nothing but change out my injectors with better ones, i'm pretty sure they are stock.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #68
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
nothing... i'd have to actually get a hold of them for them to tell me something.

u know whats funny is when i took my car to the dealership to see if they could put this on i told them the kit was short the injectors. i asked if they could just throw on some tc injectors but they didn't seem willing. anyway i left the car with them because they said they could put the kit on sans injectors and see how it goes. they call me like a half hour later to ask if i've already put the new injectors in. i ask why they would think that and they tell me it's because they don't think i have stock injectors. i was like what? are you kidding me? you service and repair toyotas for a fucking living and can't determine with any certainty if my injectors are stock or not. anyway i told them that unless someone broke into my car and did nothing but change out my injectors with better ones, i'm pretty sure they are stock.

Wow, did you purchase new or used? If used, run a CarFax and see what comes up, you might have yourself a Black Market Yaris, lol JK. Good luck
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #69
frownonfun

for those interested...

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21528