Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Tach Installed

Thanks to the DIY tach guide!!!!!!!! Was a big help.

I tapped power and dimmer from the radio, and grounded at the spot noted in the DIY to avoid any noise issues with the radio.

I plan on 'glassing up some sort of pod eventually... but I think I'll wait until I get a few other guages (oil pressure is somethign else I want displayed).

I do have an auto, but I like to know whats goin on with the motor... also I find shifting the car manually makes it 500% more responsive and fun to drive. Best of both worlds, auto for when I need to talk on the phone/do stuff/dont feel like bothering and manual when I feel frisky :). It definitely helps to hold onto 1st and second a few 100 RPM longer than the ECU does when at WOT.

big thanks to the DIY: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Looks good! I positioned mine in the same exact spot. And I agree with you about holding on to those few extra RPMs at WOT. Most analog OEM and aftermarket tachs, are off by 200 to 400 rpms. This includes the expensive stuff. Learned this from many dyno runs.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
yea I figured it wouldnt be dead on accurate, as it is, the rev limiter hits right about "6200" rpm... but shouldnt it cutoff at 6400 or 6500?

Looks pretty sweet at night, its 7 color, I normally leave it on the darker blue.

I figure this should be something that everyone modding their yaris should do... although I didnt permanately mount it, as I'd like a more stock solution (cmon cluster swaps!!) :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote