Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #19
Cutie Pie #2

Drives: 2014 Honda CR-V LX
Got my sway bar yesterday it was funny seeing the UPS driver get stuck in my driveway, I wish I had a camera for that one. Anyway, I know I should just install it myself, but I rather take it and get it installed at a shop. It would be different if the weather was a lot warmer.

Does anyone know what it will cost to install that way? I'm probably going to a tire store, since I'm also getting new tires.
Cutie Pie #2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #20
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Seriously... this is one of the easiest Mods for the Yaris. Only thing easier would be to replace the shiftknob

You don't even need to pull the wheels off. (Makes it easier tough)

Give it try... there is not much you can screw up trying.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #21
Cutie Pie #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
Seriously... this is one of the easiest Mods for the Yaris. Only thing easier would be to replace the shiftknob

You don't even need to pull the wheels off. (Makes it easier tough)

Give it try... there is not much you can screw up trying.
I just was thinking it would be easier, since I'm getting new tires that they could just install the sway bar for me. I will give it a try before I get the tires.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
Cutie Pie #2

I went today to get my new tires and sway bar install, when I asked them to install the sway bar they said they can't install it because it was not purchased throw them. So I'm going to try to install it myself over the weekend.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #23
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Pie #2 View Post
I went today to get my new tires and sway bar install, when I asked them to install the sway bar they said they can't install it because it was not purchased throw them. So I'm going to try to install it myself over the weekend.
Good luck! Pics please!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #24
Cutie Pie #2

Well I got my sway bar installed at the dealer when I was getting TPMS problem fixed, the funny thing is they forgot to charge me for the install, because they were so into the TPMS problem, I guess they forgot to charge me Oh well my car is so much better with that rear sway bar and new tires, it felt firm in corners, smoother ride and the wandering steering is not as noticable.

I also ended up getting Sumitomo sport tires (195/60R15) for $65 each. I will post pictures tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #25
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Pie #2 View Post
Well I got my sway bar installed at the dealer when I was getting TPMS problem fixed, the funny thing is they forgot to charge me for the install, because they were so into the TPMS problem, I guess they forgot to charge me Oh well my car is so much better with that rear sway bar and new tires, it felt firm in corners, smoother ride and the wandering steering is not as noticable.

I also ended up getting Sumitomo sport tires (195/60R15) for $65 each. I will post pictures tomorrow.
Waiting for the pics. 195/60/15 is great replacement size tyre. In fact, I think it's a better fitment than the OEM 185/60/15. I've had Sumitomos before and they were decent tyres.

Don't you just love the TRD sway bar? A simple and inexpensive upgrade that noticeably improves handling.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #26
Cutie Pie #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Waiting for the pics. 195/60/15 is great replacement size tyre. In fact, I think it's a better fitment than the OEM 185/60/15. I've had Sumitomos before and they were decent tyres.

Don't you just love the TRD sway bar? A simple and inexpensive upgrade that noticeably improves handling.
Hell yeah, what a difference one thing does. And yes I will post pictures tomorrow. Plus it was a free install at the dealer, don't know how that happen but, I'm happy.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #27
Cutie Pie #2

Pictures of TRD Sway bar and new tires.
trd 001.JPG

trd 002.JPG

trd 004.JPG
Sumitomo sport tires 195/60R15
trd 005.JPG

Sorry could get good pictures. Next for the car is TRD springs and shocks, but not until I get the car paid off which will be in the summer.

Last edited by Cutie Pie #2; 02-01-2009 at 08:41 AM.