Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
CarBob08

Drives: '08 3-Door
What's your worst vehicle ownership experience?

Most people have had that one vehicle that was just horrendous and needed crazy amounts of repairs, here is my story. What is yours?

Worst car ever! 2018 Subaru Outback
The car had nearly 25 defects in the time I owned it. But worse than having defects was having dealers and manufacturers treat me so horrible when I was trying to get the car fixed. I would bring the car in with a number of problems only to have them say "Subarus don't do that", then I show them the defect and they still make up excuses, "you must be driving it wrong". This happened at more than one dealer and is definitely a behavior they must be taught. I filed for lemon law buyback after 4 repair attempts on coolant loss and transmission disengagement. Of course they refused to even entertain the thought that one of their cars could have a defect. I have being dealing with lawyers to get resolution, but that will probably take years.
So don't fall for their advertising and best to just stay away from the brand. They really don't offer anything special that you can't get in another manufacturer anyway.
CarBob08 is offline   Reply With Quote