Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
gmodder
Riceman43

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3door
Bye Bye little yaris..

Well no longer a member of a great family...Just traded my 09 yaris in for a 08 mini cooper s clubman..specs as follows
Dark metallic green/grey strips
beige leather interior
bluetooth
27,857miles
7yr/100000 maint warranty
Remainder of factory warranty
6speed manual trans
Very cool checker flag review mirror (lol)
I got the car for 18279.00
They gave me 9k I owed 10k on it
put 2k downpayment
came to 345mth on 4yrs...

This is such a improvement coming from yaris...There is absolutely nothing i need to do to it...where as with the yaris i had to spend to make it more me...

So again i really enjoyed my stay...but i must go now...I really think everyone for the help and ideas i got from this forum....keep it up guys...
gmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Good luck with that mini! I can't say I haven't thought about doing a similar trade... I'm too happy with my Yaris to go through with it though.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I admit, I would have bought it too.
The Yaris fits my needs just fine for now.
Better post a picture of your new baby!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
gmodder
Riceman43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
I admit, I would have bought it too.
The Yaris fits my needs just fine for now.
Better post a picture of your new baby!
I will...Need to clean her up..just rained. I still havint found a scratch in the paint yet...normal ones in the front...Whoever had this car was very meticulous about his car....
Old 06-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
i work at the dealership you got that car from. i think. we had it come in thurs. i wanted it but wifey said no
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmodder View Post
I will...Need to clean her up..just rained. I still havint found a scratch in the paint yet...normal ones in the front...Whoever had this car was very meticulous about his car....
Congrats on the purchase! I thought you were thinking of going the EVO X route.
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:25 AM   #7
gmodder
Riceman43

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom Lftback View Post
Congrats on the purchase! I thought you were thinking of going the EVO X route.
I was..But with this deal i got on this car i just couldnt pass it up...Plus the Evo i wanted was much much more expensive...
Old 06-20-2010, 02:49 AM   #8
gmodder
Riceman43

Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
i work at the dealership you got that car from. i think. we had it come in thurs. i wanted it but wifey said no

What do you do there?? I need to find out when my next service time is..I know yall just changed the oil and lubed..do they recommend every 3k just like everyone else...Since it will be free for me it doesnt really matter i guess..
Old 06-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
severous01

i'm a mechanic. so, although i dont work on cooper/mini's, it's still in the BMW family

you got a ticker on the dash...a little car with a lift comes up under it...if it's orange or yellow you're fine. if it's red you need service. also, there are several other things that need servicing. if you have a little filter with a fan on it, you need microfilters for the ac system. if you have a little SS looking thing on the front, you need tags. there are several of these, check out your manual.

also, if you have service you'll have 2 maintenance plans for oil changes. you'll have an annual oil change due every year on the 'birthdate' and you'll also have on on say...15000 miles. it'll pop up red when you need service, and it'll be yellow when it gets close.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #10
gmodder
Riceman43

Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
i'm a mechanic. so, although i dont work on cooper/mini's, it's still in the BMW family

you got a ticker on the dash...a little car with a lift comes up under it...if it's orange or yellow you're fine. if it's red you need service. also, there are several other things that need servicing. if you have a little filter with a fan on it, you need microfilters for the ac system. if you have a little SS looking thing on the front, you need tags. there are several of these, check out your manual.

also, if you have service you'll have 2 maintenance plans for oil changes. you'll have an annual oil change due every year on the 'birthdate' and you'll also have on on say...15000 miles. it'll pop up red when you need service, and it'll be yellow when it gets close.

Do you have any recomendations to change in the engine..I was thinking about putting a better intercooler on it...That couldnt do anything but help..but iam worried about the remainder of the Warranty..
Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
severous01

well, it's up to the mechanics to void warranty really. personally, i wouldnt void warranty for IC upgrades. however, if you get carried away with it, like doing exhaust which will lower the rpm band of the turbos, or turbo upgrade which will make more power you'll definitly void waranty. if you're worried about warranty, i wouldnt do to much to the car until it's out or almost out.

again, it's up to the mechanic to even mention stuff to BMW. i had a 335 with k&n filters and they wanted them removed for testing. they want it factory...they want it stock to do anything. but there are cars that come in that are modded that get warranty coverage...the engine has nothing to do if the cd player is working or not...
Old 06-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
not to mention the Mini's gas consumption is VERY similar to the yaris..
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:36 AM   #13
gmodder
Riceman43

No way would i do anything with the turbo..I just want get some better cooling...Which will also help the AC cool better...I will probably just go with a john cooper air intake.. no way they can cancel my warranty for that...lol